Author Topic: Tanksystem Update  (Read 15906 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Tanksystem Update
« Reply #45 on: 02-11-2013, 15:11:27 »
The whole "battle communication" shit is finally gone. Nothing was worse than being super sure about your hits and let it all be handled by a system that's completely random. This was one of the things that really put me off from FH2 because tanking and tank hunting was what I enjoyed doing since I have always been and will always remain crap-extraordinaire at infantry combat. Now I might actually get back to it.

As log as we don't go back to the "tanks made out of paper" situation like in pre 2.4 I'm fine with it. Maybe infantry will need some kind of (slight) nerf, since they had their (in)visibility buffed with the new shaders and also effectiveness buffed by unlimited sprint time (or some maps will need to be a bit rebalanced regarding availability of AT kits). I guess time will tell.

On the other hand wrench has no cooldown anymore, so an effective tanker crew can still put up a fight (but those are hard to find) :P

So since we're already at "fixing old things" when will we get suppression fixed? I'd love to see some actual firefights instead of the old lazer-insta-gib-Unreal-Tournament Fest (although, to be fair, things did improve with the latest addition of graphical sway, at least on longer ranges)... :P
« Last Edit: 02-11-2013, 15:11:30 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02-11-2013, 15:11:13 »
You want to nerf infantry? Really? I am a tank whore too, but I can tell you that tankers are alot more safe than infantry in this game.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02-11-2013, 15:11:50 »
You want to nerf infantry? Really? I am a tank whore too, but I can tell you that tankers are alot more safe than infantry in this game.

I only said it "might" need a nerf, but really it depends on how the actual angle mod will work in the next version. And this is coming from an infantry guy, not a tanker whore.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02-11-2013, 15:11:43 »
Maybe infantry will need some kind of (slight) nerf, since they had their (in)visibility buffed with the new shaders and also effectiveness buffed by unlimited sprint time (or some maps will need to be a bit rebalanced regarding availability of AT kits).
I'm 100% for reintroducing sprintbar, but what do you mean by visibility being buffed by new shaders? And on most maps AT kits are lacking instead of in abundance (St Vith, Cobra, PeB), so I think that can stay the same.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02-11-2013, 15:11:07 »
I'm 100% for reintroducing sprintbar, but what do you mean by visibility being buffed by new shaders? And on most maps AT kits are lacking instead of in abundance (St Vith, Cobra, PeB), so I think that can stay the same.

The "vignette" effect, although not everyone can see it (or has it disabled on purpose) made it possible for infantry to camouflage and hide better.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 02-11-2013, 16:11:55 »
So basically it´s like the 2.4 tank system without crazy top-shots?

2.4 had anglemod enabled as well.

So basically we're back to the "consistent" tanking of 2.4?

Tank collision meshes in 2.4 and 2.45 are the same. If there is a significant difference in consistency between 2.4 and 2.45 it is therefore unlikely to be due to collision meshes. There is probably a difference due to the larger range dependency in 2.45 and the introduction of laggier 128 player servers, but those factors are still present. Though I believe the distance dependency may have been tweaked. Nevertheless, collision meshes were a disaster and I'm sure they were responsible for a large amount of strange effects and Stubbfan has done an awesome job in fixing them all.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 02-11-2013, 16:11:25 »
I'm 100% for reintroducing sprintbar....

Tottaly agree.

Bringing the sprintbar again would be a huge improvement for infantry combat.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 02-11-2013, 16:11:21 »

Is it possible to reduce stamina loss for jumping, while still keeping a (reasonably) big sprint bar? The current situation is good because there are a lot of maps with many small obstacles and random debris that you need to jump over because of funkiness of bf2. But unlimited sprint makes everything seem like a big rush...

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 02-11-2013, 17:11:44 »
I thought "everything" here was a big rush!
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 02-11-2013, 17:11:05 »
I don't see any reason to introduce the sprint bar, You could run halfway through a desert with it anyway, and it was incredibly annoying when you had to jump over something.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02-11-2013, 17:11:53 »
You could run halfway through a desert with it anyway
Eeeh, no. I see what you mean, but at least it was better than what we have now.

and it was incredibly annoying when you had to jump over something.
That I agree with, if it could be fixed, then please, yes. On the other hand: unlimited jumping is bad, so a middle way should be found (ie, start losing stamina when you jump more than 3 times in a few secs).

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 02-11-2013, 17:11:39 »
Hey Jan, how long have you been playing FH? I remember you joined FH2 forums like 2 years ago or so, and you went up very quickly and are now a Beta tester.
To be honest I don't rember how long have I been playing this game but I played FH1 before (under several different nick names) and eventually moved to FH2 only, somewhere in 2.2 times. I registered more than 3 years ago as jan_kurator but I was following FH forum a long time before. When it comes to being beta tester I was trying to apply from june 2011 but in those day testing server was still full and I wasn't really needed before 2.4 release. I joined beta team somewhere in november 2011 so I'm a tester for two years now.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 02-11-2013, 18:11:11 »
I'm 100% for reintroducing sprintbar....

Tottaly agree.

The spirntbar was one of the most annoying things in this game, good it was removed!!!
« Last Edit: 02-11-2013, 20:11:46 by Mudzin »

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02-11-2013, 18:11:09 »
Different opinions from different players.   ;)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #59 on: 02-11-2013, 18:11:54 »
IIRC damage drop modifier got changed some time ago as a part of this big tank fix. But I am not 100 percent sure about the corrent values so better wait for confirmation from a dev.
2.45 has damage drop from max at 10m to min at 300m.  Current internal version has the same damage but the min distance has been extended to 600m.