Author Topic: FH2 Launcher goes to black, BF2 stop responding  (Read 477 times)

Offline zzman305

• View Profile
FH2 Launcher goes to black, BF2 stop responding
« on: 01-06-2015, 23:06:09 »
I installed FH2 about a month ago and besides for the occasional CTD, I had no problems with it at all. That changed today as I am no longer able to launch the game.

Every time I hit "Play" in the launcher, the screen goes to black as if it is trying to load normally but then BF2 "stops responding" and the game crashes. BF2 launches when I try to play it, but FH2 doesn't. I've tried everything from a clean install of BF2 and FH2, to running as administrator, to screwing around in the properties. But nothing works.

HELP!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Launcher goes to black, BF2 stop responding
« Reply #1 on: 01-06-2015, 23:06:15 »
Probably a problem with the server backend. I've been having it too. Give it time, hopefully it'll get resolved before Europe goes to bed ;D

Offline WillieBrown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-06-2015, 23:06:39 »
Yup, Same here. And that goes for the most of us I guess.
I could only see 6 guys playing on Gazala at 22:00 pm wich is very unusual to see so few players at that time of hour.

So I hope there will be a fix for it soon.

For the sake of Snus!
« Last Edit: 01-06-2015, 23:06:17 by WillieBrown »
You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun - Al Capone

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-06-2015, 00:06:48 »
There is a problem with the PR server backend and it seems resistant to fixing so far.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-06-2015, 00:06:28 »
Seems good now, I'm on 762

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: 02-06-2015, 13:06:54 »
I hope you don't mind learned Sirs if I tack on to this thread?  :)

A friend of mine has been trying to get FH2 to work on his PC for weeks.

He never gets any further than “black screen then ctd”.

His specs: 4.3ghz intel, 16gb ddr, 64gb ssd win 7 64 pro, 2tb hdd storage, 32" LCD tv.

He has tried most things, he’s installed bf2 first, then patches 1.41 then 1.5 then runs it and BF2 works fine.

He has tried the FH2 torrent install onto the bf2 = “black screen then ctd”.

He has uninstalled everything then tried again with the two part 2.48 full installer = “black screen then ctd”.

He has tried the Update/Repair function on the launcher  = “black screen then ctd”.

He has tried to run it in Win 7 admin mode. Tried with service pack sp2 and sp3 = “black screen then ctd”.

Also manually updated punkbuster.

He’s a big WW2 buff and desperately wants to try  FH2, but where does he go from here?  ???

Over the years and succsesive FH2 install difficulties What is the main culprit for “black screen then ctd”.

He used to build PC’s up till a few years ago, but he has come up against a real perplexion here!  :-\

Where should he focus his deduction efforts?
« Last Edit: 02-06-2015, 13:06:59 by Capten_C »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI