9 (24.3%)
1 is all that we need
2 (5.4%)
Not likely
5 (13.5%)
No
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Do we need more Africa maps?  (Read 4170 times)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
Do we need more Africa maps?
« on: 17-01-2017, 17:01:20 »
There are plenty of them, but some people keep demanding more. Do we need more Africa maps?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Do we need more Africa maps?
« Reply #1 on: 17-01-2017, 19:01:00 »
Who demands more?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-01-2017, 20:01:08 »
I'd love to see more America in NA. (I'm a biased American :P) but I really love the early war stuff;

75mm GMC Halftracks
37mm AT guns
Shermans with yellow stripes
M3 Scout Car
Springfields (hopefully we can get the proper grenade launcher at some point) 8)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-01-2017, 21:01:18 »
There are plenty of custom maps in Africa.  Anyone can always volunteer to polish them up and try to get them released in the CMP.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-01-2017, 22:01:46 »
Hey Flippy, I'm one of those! But notice that I'm not demanding, just asking politely... :)

My point is, our beloved FH2 is, by far, the game with the most assets (factions, weapons, vehicles, statics) to depict North Africa combat, ranging from 1940 to 1943. The theater is well covered, but there are some gaps, mainly on East Africa and late Tunisia. So, if any new Africa map shows up, it would be very welcomed.

So, my vote is: YES!!! MORE!!

Best regards.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-01-2017, 08:01:14 »
What kind of thread is this...? What's the point? People also want more Europe maps, Eastern Front maps and invading Nazi zombies from the dark side of the moon maps.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-01-2017, 13:01:24 »
What kind of thread is this...? What's the point? People also want more Europe maps, Eastern Front maps and invading Nazi zombies from the dark side of the moon maps.
This basically.

But it's not a surprise that FHMax3 opened yet another topic that doesn't make any sense. FYI, dev team is too small to go back to African theatre, and main focus is on the Eastern Front now. It's a common sense. Just compare the amount of maps in the east to those in NA, it's pretty obvious that having any new (FH2 stock) african maps is at least unlikely. You better stop spamming and start some modding kid.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-01-2017, 13:01:51 »
This basically.

But it's not a surprise that FHMax3 opened yet another topic that doesn't make any sense. FYI, dev team is too small to go back to African theatre, and main focus is on the Eastern Front now. It's a common sense. Just compare the amount of maps in the east to those in NA, it's pretty obvious that having any new (FH2 stock) african maps is at least unlikely. You better stop spamming and start some modding kid.
Yep, I am working on a map called [Censored]. Sorry, it has to be a suprise.  :)
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Pavel_[RUS74]

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-06-2019, 23:06:12 »
I'd love to see more America in NA. (I'm a biased American :P) but I really love the early war stuff;

African theater of war, perhaps, in principle, little represented in the games on the period of WWII. (mainly)
And the first years of the war (and the pre-war period) are also poorly represented. As a rule, the situation is the opposite - everyone likes to make weapons and equipment of the last couple of years, not taking into account that someone began military operations in 1939, and someone - and since 1935.
Thus it turns out that the little-known weapons of 1939-1941 and remains little-known and poorly represented in the games, as well as military actions of those times.
I think no one would be against another card like "Sidi Bou Zid" or any other, where the Italian side would be represented in all its power.

Although on the Eastern Front, of course, the mod is not as strong as the same "Red Orchestra".

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-06-2019, 19:06:12 »
I'd like to see overhauls of existing Africa maps instead of new ones. Some really need some work on the looks and gameplay.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-06-2019, 20:06:51 »
First of all, you guys are replying to a 2 years old topic, and I can assure you that no one is working on any African maps at the moment.

I'd like to see overhauls of existing Africa maps instead of new ones. Some really need some work on the looks and gameplay.
People keep saying that, but in the end it is nothing more but complaining, since no one ever bothers to even elaborate what do they mean by that. Improve the gameplay? Sure, that's technically easier than visual updates due to nature of how mapping in BF2 engine works (for example moving even one static will completely break the singleplayer layer that will have to be redone from scratch after each visual update).

There plenty of room for the gameplay improvements though, but what exactly, where and why should be changed? Explain in details, and we can talk.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-06-2019, 19:06:29 »
People keep saying that, but in the end it is nothing more but complaining, since no one ever bothers to even elaborate what do they mean by that. Improve the gameplay? Sure, that's technically easier than visual updates due to nature of how mapping in BF2 engine works (for example moving even one static will completely break the singleplayer layer that will have to be redone from scratch after each visual update).

There plenty of room for the gameplay improvements though, but what exactly, where and why should be changed? Explain in details, and we can talk.

I think we had another thread where we discussed this issue. ;) I just thought it would be appropriate to also state my opinion here.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-06-2019, 09:06:26 »
First of all, you guys are replying to a 2 years old topic, and I can assure you that no one is working on any African maps at the moment.

Good old Jan, being a condescending dickhead for nearly a decade who'd no doubt give a wordy response to being called out on it. He should really make a change so that he's not perceived with such a douche attitude because honestly he's probably an okay person and doesn't mean to chase people off with his seemingly unpleasant demeanor.

How is that for an explanation for a improvement to be made, or do you need something of a higher caliber?