Author Topic: Forgotten Hope Weekly Highlights  (Read 17610 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope Weekly Highlights
« Reply #90 on: 01-11-2014, 20:11:07 »
You madafakas!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 05-11-2014, 00:11:24 »
Now I'm finally flame-quitting. That's how I leave servers these days.

So many TKs, a startling number being squad level.

Then there's idling squadies. I tend not to lead from the front, but if an opportunity presents itself, especially when things are hairy (Say on Omaha), I call for a charge, move up, only to turn around and realize my squad mates are picking their noses, I guess?

Its bloody frustrating! Where did all these n00bs come from all of a sudden.

Had someone ask me what happened when my tank drove over a landmine and killed everyone.
What? No one watching the tutorial videos now?

Also what's with a squad spawning on a tank, then... Simply sitting there.

I cant even count the number of times I stood back blasting a way for my squad onoy to blown up by a sachel because my boys decided to just sit on my tank (All of them) and watch the fireworks.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 05-11-2014, 01:11:53 »
Can we finally decide whether the mod is dying or if it actually has too many new players?
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05-11-2014, 01:11:19 »
Both, apparently.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 05-11-2014, 10:11:19 »
Rename the mod to Schrödinger's cat.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 05-11-2014, 10:11:29 »
But then you better should not measure it's state. Else it might be dead.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 08-11-2014, 15:11:42 »
After a short break from the game, and after reading here about all the n00bs playing, I got into a round of Villers Bocage last night.

I braced myself for a TK fest or worse, but ionstead I got one fantastic round, which had almost everything you want in FH2. After joining, I found myself on the allied side and I joined a small squad which had Matt_Baker1942 as SL.

We went for Crossroads on foot, I guess because all vehicles were taken. Soon, we found a Panther and a Panzer IV, together with a bunch of infantry, denying our access to Crossroads flagzone. One by ione our tanks got blown up by the Panther or the Panzer, but when the latter was blown up by an AT guy and the Panther had left (or died?), we gained the upper hand flanking from the east and we capped Crossroads. By that time the rest of the team had spread out all over the map, contesting Tilly and Villers alike.

Our squad went to Tilly, but I went to Farm and I almost capped it alone, I just got sniped a few seconds before the flag was ours. I spawned on SL in Tilly, and after a short fight, we got it. We were still some 150-200 tickets behind, but sometimes the allied managed to get the acis to bleed, but that was always shortlived. Most of the time there was a stalemate in tickets, with one or two flags being grey for a longer period of time.

Tyhe axis tried to retake Tilly, they used the spawn APC and some well hidden SL's to do the job. They succeeded a few times, but we always capped it back pretty fast, and then search for the enemy SL. Especially the axis squad with Kampftaeubchen, Nielsen0259 and Granmaestrodemus was giving us a hard time at Tilly, so we were tied to the town and couldn't go for Farm or Point 213. Eventually Farm got capped by another squad (we only gave a little support) but it was also lost again and changed hands a few times afterwards. Same went for Villers.

We were still some 100 tickets behind, and we were guarding Tilly, I was with my Piat at the bridge east of Tilly, blowing up Panzers and a few Hanomags, the Tiger didn't even dare to cross and retreated south. Soon after, we did a push towards 213, but it was infested with axis infantry and the allies only managed to grey it for a while. In the meantime, though, we had the three flags west of the river for a while and we had bled the Germans. After that, a long stalemate happened again, but now we were some 100 tickets in the lead.

An axis counteroffensive surprised us a bit and they got us bleeding again, but since they only had 42 tickets left, they couldn't achieve victory. We were cruising around the map. killing the necessary number of enemies and the round ended in 99-0, with us being best squad. The round had lasted for over an hour, I guess some 75 minutes. A long and hard fight, with a nice victory!

It was a really, really nice experience and I hereby want to thank the squad which gave me this great time:

Matt_Baker1942
Kirky
betablockers
sebibi
IJustLoveBFdeuce
snowdon_ranger
SashaVerum

Maybe I forgot someone, or maybe I'm mistaken about someone being in the squad while he wasn't, apologies for that. What matters is that it was a great round and this is why I love FH2. I had to perform some parental duties afterwards, so I had to quit, but this round will stay with me. Thanks guys!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 08-11-2014, 16:11:55 »
good read Slayer  ;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 08-11-2014, 21:11:30 »
That was such a kickass round. It was so intense and frustrating at times. I never truly appreciated how epic it was until it ended 8)

I gotta get my mic working again. BF2 VOIP is so old that my mic doesn't recognize it for some reason, gotta install new drivers or something :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 29-11-2014, 18:11:11 »
I don't get something, is that most people are now AFKing or just don't know how to play this game - AT - ALL.

We are on a map, I am squad leader, my squad spawns around me, and I yell to them to take a flag or hold a position because its under attack. I charge out. I take out a few enemies in a heroic effort. Finally die.

I look on the map, and my squad for the most part is still right where they spawned, at a location of no tactical consequence the map.

Who ARE these people!?

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 29-11-2014, 18:11:08 »
I don't get something, is that most people are now AFKing or just don't know how to play this game - AT - ALL.

We are on a map, I am squad leader, my squad spawns around me, and I yell to them to take a flag or hold a position because its under attack. I charge out. I take out a few enemies in a heroic effort. Finally die.

I look on the map, and my squad for the most part is still right where they spawned, at a location of no tactical consequence the map.

Who ARE these people!?

Stop searching for teamplay on public server, because you don't find it there... I was trying to be SL sometimes there too and I must admit that sometimes it was possible, but things got changed and now it's unfortunately impossible... Maybe try joining one of the tournaments for organised teamplay? ;)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 29-11-2014, 18:11:26 »
You gotta use the kick button more often than not. There are many who want to cooperate and some who just want to use you to get the spawns closer. Get rid of the second part.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 29-11-2014, 20:11:49 »
I was trying to be SL sometimes there too...
but nobody likes you

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 29-11-2014, 20:11:33 »
You gotta use the kick button more often than not. There are many who want to cooperate and some who just want to use you to get the spawns closer. Get rid of the second part.

Best advice I've heard in a while. Will try that.

No, Mudzin.
There was teamplay - great teamplay, and I knew how to create it OVER and over and over!
Something drastically wrong has happened with the recent stock of players.

It's like there are a whole new bunch of people and very little is understood about the gameplay.

NO matter. Where there is a will there is a way.

I resist Tourney because while I do appreciate players who like teamplay, I find it just as frustrating playing with Veteran teamplayers exclusively. Why? Because every one and his dog thinks they should call the strategy.

I ask the team to defend a flag, and sure, 3 guys take point and move on target,
another 2 have decided to approach the same target via a different strategy that dwindles our force,
another thinks his best contribution to the squad is to be a pilot and is now asking for targets,
Another two are shadowing me, which means i get shot first because... they are SHADOWING ME.

I find the best situation being when players are open to coordinate but hadn't previously planned to do so,
you can get so much out of them, as part of a larger strategy to win, as opposed to hardcore teamplayers who spend the entire game engaged in an operation with absolutely no reference to how it fits into a larger strategy.

@Jan  Kurator
Be nice  ;)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 29-11-2014, 22:11:40 »
I was trying to be SL sometimes there too...
but nobody likes you

You neither...