Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2.26 feedback  (Read 13013 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2.26 feedback
« Reply #60 on: 15-05-2010, 22:05:41 »
ACH! should of know that was Djinns :P

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 15-05-2010, 23:05:43 »
I think that is caused by everyone spawning on the last flag. Normally that is not much of a problem, but due to the new spawn waves and the fact that Germans might be reluctant to leave the spawnpoints when the British are assaulting the last flag the spawn area gets jammed.
Absolutely NO ONE could spawn. The flag was still German and unspawnable as the last few players away from the flag were rooted out.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-05-2010, 00:05:06 »
Well, I realize people have gotten the handle on things. Got pwned by Germans on one server... but reminds me of something.. everything's so sneaky.
You never get the German charging, using smoke, moving from cover to cover. Yer, I definitely think some deviation would do nicely... *runs away*

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 16-05-2010, 00:05:48 »
Guys, why there are BEDFORDS on Luttich?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-05-2010, 00:05:39 »
Well, I realize people have gotten the handle on things. Got pwned by Germans on one server... but reminds me of something.. everything's so sneaky.
You never get the German charging, using smoke, moving from cover to cover. Yer, I definitely think some deviation would do nicely... *runs away*

Keep your head down and keep moving. That's what you do in real war, not cinematic charging into MG fire.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16-05-2010, 00:05:09 »
Like the new wheel sounds for movable AT guns.
Like the new searchlights.
Did you tweak smoke? Looks better now.
Brengun actually useful now.

But why, oh why, did you change the loading tune for Olympus from Zorbas to Radetzky? Zorbas was rockin'!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16-05-2010, 01:05:48 »
Blame Natty.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #67 on: 16-05-2010, 01:05:54 »
HSLAN server just crashed on Villers Bocage   :o  Hope it's a rare rare bug  :-\
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 16-05-2010, 08:05:19 »
Why doesn't the plane cockpit shake or move anymore, now its just stays still. It was such a fine effect.  :'(

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 16-05-2010, 09:05:07 »

Keep your head down and keep moving. That's what you do in real war, not cinematic charging into MG fire.

Trust me, I do so... more than most. Issue isn't that. Issue is there is still no clear axis of advance. Port of Bessin is such a gorgious map, but my entire army is made up of runners hiding in bushes at random locations, everyone running which way, no team doing any single action, with jerry in and out of our lines... the idea of an assault is lost

Well, to be fair, I played PR (god forbid) for the first time yesterday and I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but in spite of infinitely more realistic sound and effects, it seemed to even have LESS gameplay. Its like no one will even pick me up if I didn't use VOIP or was an unknown. No TKing, sure, but there was the same issue of no axis of advance. Everyone doing everything they personally thought was best. What does help it give the impression of having a clear front is the deviation. Individuality existence is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short, so people are only too happy to stay within a radius of their team.. still not doing anything coordinated.. maybe, it was just pubbie play... Alot of communication by VOIP, but FH2 players seem to employ more tactics than the guys I met

Maybe, I will give something in Suggestions as this is stretching out, but my point is, after so long of NOT playing FH2 online I looked at it with fresh eyes and realized how the architecture designed to promote teamplay like suppression, which should point to fire-maneouver tactics is lost...

Rather than accept it, I'd say we should look at that, cuz let's face facts, WW2 isn't as fun played frag-style as kill-em-all games like COD-mw... The appeal should be the teamplay and tactics.
« Last Edit: 16-05-2010, 09:05:13 by djinn »

Offline Goljatti

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 16-05-2010, 10:05:46 »
Okay. So, I have been playing 2.26 on Hslan and my BF2 has crashed three times now for no reason. First crash happend when I was flyin, second time happend when I was driving a tank and now this last one happend when I had died and was watching other teammates play...

My OS is Win7, but I'am using my BF2 in WinXP compatibility mode.
Do you guys also had random crashes while playing?

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 16-05-2010, 11:05:32 »
I think that is caused by everyone spawning on the last flag. Normally that is not much of a problem, but due to the new spawn waves and the fact that Germans might be reluctant to leave the spawnpoints when the British are assaulting the last flag the spawn area gets jammed.
It isn't. We were playing PoB with only two germans left, no where near the last flag, but it was still red.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 16-05-2010, 11:05:22 »
I like the new map and LMGs are great with the new changes. Bren is actually useful again! And new sounds are awesome.

But with 2.26 I seem to get many random crashes unlike in 2.25. :(

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 16-05-2010, 11:05:25 »
Oh, and bipod Lewis just became my favourite gun ;D

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 16-05-2010, 12:05:32 »
Just got chance to try out 231  :P. It's quite awesome, and actually usefull as it has Pzg, unlike 222.