Author Topic: Brest 64  (Read 14294 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Brest 64
« Reply #60 on: 09-09-2012, 15:09:39 »
The mortar was removed because it was considered too spammy, iirc.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 09-09-2012, 16:09:29 »
What the hell? Why didn't the German mortar get removed then as well? It is less spammy?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 09-09-2012, 16:09:45 »
If it's really still there then it's probably an oversight.

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 22-10-2012, 20:10:29 »
Perhaps some sort of balance on Harbor. Take off the 88 and voila! A far more balanced Brest!
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23-10-2012, 00:10:48 »
The Harbour is definitly easy enough to capture right now, the falg zone has been placed far up front which is good. No need to take the last defence against the tanks away.

Also dont forget the Germans lost their Panzer IV! (also okay for me)

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23-10-2012, 05:10:17 »
The Harbour is definitly easy enough to capture right now, the falg zone has been placed far up front which is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23-10-2012, 11:10:45 »
What do you want to acchieve with that post? I am willing to argue over that game, because I really like it, but please dont waste my time with unsubstatial posts.

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 23-10-2012, 15:10:07 »
What do you want to acchieve with that post? I am willing to argue over that game, because I really like it, but please dont waste my time with unsubstatial posts.
That was my honest reaction to your idea about the anti-camp measures on Brest Harbor. Germans are still OP there, even if they took the PZ IV away. 88 + Panzershreck + Marder + mortar + assload of panzerfausts + MG42 + (PZ IV-PZ IV)=Cap-proof Harbor

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 23-10-2012, 18:10:59 »
The 88 in the harbour is the least problem. The German mortar/ the lack of the US mortar is the problem. I'd favor removing the German mortar too and giving the p4 back would make the map better. But the game won't fail because of a single 88 that can easily be taken out in the German mainbase. When the Allies got to harbour the game is going quite good already, that this 88 makes a big difference is nonsense and it's good as it prevents the US tanks from just driving on the flag, which wouldlead to an easy capture of harbour flag along with the regular ifnantry support. Furthermore it's still not hard to take the 88 out.

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23-10-2012, 20:10:08 »
Many people seemingly don't know how to or can't get to it. Because there is so much poop lying around you that an accurate shot to destroy the 88 requires a Divine Intervention. Tanks are out of the question, because there is only two of them. Infantry has a hard time to do it due to German infantry.
   But yes, an US mortar would do miracles on Brest.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 27-10-2012, 07:10:14 »
The Harbour is definitly easy enough to capture right now
and after removed panzer iv allied have huge armor support at least remove that sherman or stuart maybe  ::) brest is my favorite map but in last patch its not fair for germans

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 27-10-2012, 16:10:05 »
Considering the fact that the offensive capabilities have been reduced from the Germans. But in general it's still a hard poop to capture Brest completely...

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 27-10-2012, 23:10:15 »
Yes in many cases, Allies win here and there as well though. The point is that once the US manages to get close to harbour, the game does not go bad and is not a massacre like sometimes. Making it easier to cap the harbour makes the Germans last stand pretty weak. I still think German mortar should be removed and Panzer IV should be added again to make the gameplay more fluid and more enjoyable - but that's just my personal opinion.

Offline BaskaBommi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 28-10-2012, 06:10:18 »
Yes in many cases, Allies win here and there as well though. The point is that once the US manages to get close to harbour, the game does not go bad and is not a massacre like sometimes. Making it easier to cap the harbour makes the Germans last stand pretty weak. I still think German mortar should be removed and Panzer IV should be added again to make the gameplay more fluid and more enjoyable - but that's just my personal opinion.
That would be a good idea. It would force the Germans to actually make a counter-offensive to win.

Offline MrPolska

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 19-01-2013, 22:01:20 »
Please get rid of this German mortar. This destroyed gameplay totally. There is one lame German guy , who is just pushing the button and scoring 200 points and the end. This is remembering me on FH1 and the lame arty   pixel-shooting on the enemy main base.
« Last Edit: 19-01-2013, 22:01:51 by MrPolska »