Author Topic: FH2 Modding Q&A  (Read 143167 times)

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Modding Q&A
« Reply #1020 on: 13-04-2018, 05:04:13 »
As Blander said, we have a group on Telegram for beginners on FH2 modding, we are all spanish speaking (10) at the moment but anyone is welcome. There we can talk about modding and help each other as we advance on our projects, and work together as we learn. It would be great to have many of you there.
We have lots of useful tutorials on PDF format and all necessary files to get the editor working.

Group is public so just look for us on Telegram: "FH2 Modding"
Or follow this link: https://t.me/FH2_Modding
« Last Edit: 13-04-2018, 05:04:25 by SgtAlex »

Offline Cermna2

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 15-04-2018, 10:04:54 »
Hi all,  I am from Czech Republic, concretely from Silesia and at the end of the war, there was some minor battle about Sudeten, so i would to make some map on this theme. I have any idea of this specific places Troppau (Opava), Hotzenplotz (Osoblaha) and Tikowitz (Orechov near Brno).

But have only a few practice with modeling and coding throu 3D printing, so I must learn everything and dont know if someone still play when it wil be ended

I will attempt to contact yours gang Blander, every advice be welcome.

My editor every time start new map with defalut terrain height 163,XX m,  can i change this value somwhere?
« Last Edit: 15-04-2018, 10:04:39 by Cermna2 »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 15-04-2018, 21:04:30 »
You can change terrain height while in the editor at anytime.  It should be under level settings in the lower left menu.  Of course you probably want to change it early before you do much work.

Offline Robbanswe48

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 24-06-2018, 20:06:47 »
Hello all!

Im thinking of modding a Dark wood or Light wood k98.

I have briefly walked through http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/tutorials/skinningdingo.php tutorial.

But i dont understand the step from .jpg to "fh2 skin file" (is it .con??? who determines the skin?)

Could someone link a tutorial on that or a thread explaining that?

Best regards.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 24-06-2018, 20:06:37 »
The texture files are in a .dds format. You need a .dds plug-in for photoshop to open and save them.

Is that what you mean?

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: 29-06-2018, 16:06:25 »

How do I fix LSD-grass?

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 29-06-2018, 17:06:59 »
Try lightmapping the terrain.  That works for black grass.
If that doesn't do the the trick, make sure you have detail textures and low detail textures.
Also check that the undergrowth has a terrain color value in the tweak.  1 is best.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 05-07-2018, 19:07:24 »
It worked. Thanks.

Is it usual that I get bombarded with the error

"Could not find valid technique for the shader" while lightmapping the objects? It is mildly unsettling. I know the editor loves giving all kinds of errors in the console, but I can't remember seeing this when I lightmapped last time.

I have installed the lightsamples of both fh2 and regular bf2 in the bf2editor folder.

EDIT: Seems to have worked anyway. Fenring's guide to lightmapping is flawed btw. Setting a light preset resets the sun direction to North. Light preset should be set, then sun direction should be set after. I learned. Painfully.

EDIT 2: On closer inspection I see that a lot of the shadows are wrong and twisted, so I think there is something wrong.
« Last Edit: 06-07-2018, 01:07:58 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #1028 on: 28-06-2019, 13:06:49 »
Hi. I'm attempting again to learn how to add a navmesh and to fix already existing navmeshes. However I've had multiple false starts. I'm looking for a very clear step by step tutorial that can teach me how to do this. Cheers.

Offline Quebec44

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 15-10-2019, 18:10:04 »
Hi! Um im not really sure this is the right place to ask this. Im hoping some1 can help me with weapon kits, yes i want to edit them (add/remove some weapons in them). Also i saw some weapons have two index numbers in ''separated'' tweak files so i've kind of tried something similar didn't work, i'd really be grateful to any1 who would help me and explain how is that possible for same weapon to be assigned to more than 1 index and could it be made/separated into more than 2 index/es?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 15-10-2019, 19:10:35 »
I'm not sure what are you trying to achieve, but weapons can only have 1 index to work, separate tweak file technically means a separate weapon, which usually is a copy of the existing one only with altered index (Index is weapon slot in your weapon selection menu). For example, side arms like pistols have index 2 by default, but there are also -i3.tweak files for alternative version of some of them, to be used in a kits where pistol/revolver is your main weapon (mostly AT kits). For example, in the bazooka or panzerschrek kit, your side arm is weapon #3 (index 3), but support class with MG will use other tweak file with pistol being weapon #2 (index 2). If you create a kit in which there will be more than 1 weapon referring to the same index number, your game will crash.

Forum is nearly dead nowadays, it's better to ask stuff like that on our Discord where more people hang out.

Offline Quebec44

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 16-10-2019, 10:10:08 »
Thanks for answering! I was just wondering can i create another same weapon with different index like any pistol with index -i4/5/6/7/8 beside index 2/i3? I tried copying the same tweak file and just changing index number but didnt work.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 16-10-2019, 10:10:42 »
You can use any index as long as there is no other weapon in the kit using it already. Be sure your kit uses proper weapons with changed indexes. There is no reason for it not to work.

Offline Quebec44

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 16-10-2019, 10:10:29 »
Im really sorry to bother u this much, i understand what you're saying i did bind smg's and mg's such is beretta38 and mg42 to ''-i7'' and changed them in few kits with ''mg42bipod-i7'' (it was the only weapon with index 7 in the kit) started map got to 15% and shut down. Btw thanks for the info i'll try different number or get more info maybe that's not the only thing that has to be changed for it to work, anyway have fun its gonna be a cool day! Arigato. (no need to reply)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 16-10-2019, 13:10:42 »
Instead of changing index in the existing weapons duplicate them with altered index and add only the new weapons you created in your kit to be sure they don’t cause the issue in other kits that can be used on the map. If you created new kit you want to use rather than editing existing one, you need to load it in the tmp.con or init.con in your map folder, I’m not sure, check how it’s done on other maps (those files are in the server.rar)