Author Topic: Common server hosting issues!  (Read 1891 times)

[11PzG]matyast

Common server hosting issues!
« on: 29-03-2009, 10:03:56 »
We have had several problems at 11PzG with hosting our server. I thought it would be good if all the hosts would share their experiences, in order for us all to give a little bit better service.

"I cannot find a Graphic remote server manager, which one are you using?":
There are 2 BF2 remote managers. BF2rcon and BF2CC. I personally use BF2CC, howevere there is a nasty bug which somtimes deletes your entire maplist. So try not to go there too often. Also, most people use the ingame command system, to manage their servers. This is more stable, than BF2CC.

"You have a newer version than the server"  - problem:
This is a problem with the latest looking version of BF2's server files. This was a problem on our Linux server. Make sure you have the latest version of the FH2 server files! On some places, such as fz.se, the latest file is old. The current Linux server file should be bf2-linuxded-1.1.2965-797.0-installer.sh
Latest file can be found here: http://forgottenhamster.com/download.php?view.4

« Last Edit: 29-03-2009, 11:03:45 by [11PzG]matyast »

Offline Herr Rossi

• View Profile
Re: Common server hosting issues!
« Reply #1 on: 30-03-2009, 10:03:41 »
"Server crashing issues on multicore systems"
We had several problems with server crashes on middle/high load during map changes. After we've bound the bf2 process to a single core these problems disappeared. To bind a process to a single core you can use the "taskset" command under linux. You have to redo this after every server stop or restart. We use a cronjob to check the setting every 5 minutes. Thx to HSLAN for helping us at this issue!

General: This thread is a nice idea! I was looking for something like this many times before.
« Last Edit: 30-03-2009, 11:03:23 by Herr Rossi »