Author Topic: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.  (Read 52755 times)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
Re: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.
« Reply #30 on: 31-08-2009, 04:08:31 »
Back in FH1 i was on teh map Outskirts of berlin. loved that map.. i took the BT7 and drove over the hill and flanked the King Tiger didnt even know i was there and i literally just rammed him from behind he didnt move, and i guess didnt feel me hit the tank and i jsut put EVERY ROUND into his rear. he started smoked when i go down to ten shells left and i knocked him out with the last round.. that was great.. i still remember that very well..  thinkign about that.. is FH1 still played heavily?
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31-08-2009, 05:08:39 »
 i just left pixelfighter which had around 30 or so for the last few hours,

it depends on the time of day to get higher numbers but it is always fun for a while. I find FH1 great for making fh2 that much more enjoyable when I play it.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31-08-2009, 05:08:28 »
Back in FH1 i was on teh map Outskirts of berlin. loved that map.. i took the BT7 and drove over the hill and flanked the King Tiger didnt even know i was there and i literally just rammed him from behind he didnt move, and i guess didnt feel me hit the tank and i jsut put EVERY ROUND into his rear. he started smoked when i go down to ten shells left and i knocked him out with the last round.. that was great.. i still remember that very well..  thinkign about that.. is FH1 still played heavily?

The Pixel-Fighter server is full for most of the day and usually has between 15-30 people online at all times. The Damned Priests is less populated but it too has 20-30 people online at peak times, and every now and then you will run across a different server with a decent amount online.

One would assume with the impending release of Normandy for FH2 that FH1 will suffer a fair bit, but I think people will eventual go back to FH1 whether through familiarity or to play Ostfront/Pacific maps.
« Last Edit: 31-08-2009, 06:08:40 by FEARBEFORE_ »

Offline KomradePedrovsk

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31-08-2009, 08:08:23 »
Paradropping on FH1 Crete at Suda Bay, stealing a Matilda and capping the flag, then proceeding to annoy Tommies for a good 15 mins around the whole island. Enough to have half of their team whinning on how tanks should be locked. I think even an admin said he'd server mod it to be so ;D

Playing FH since 0.5

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31-08-2009, 08:08:17 »
In the last few days I've noticed that killing enemies whilst firing an MG34 from the hip is really, really awesome.

Albrecht Black

« Reply #35 on: 02-09-2009, 05:09:09 »
In classic Bocage (Can't recall if there was another one different from the vanilla version). Hiding under the Lumber shack roof at middle flag near the windmill with a Jagdpanther. Gives you a clear view of the fields surrounding the first flag cap for Americans and Americans exiting the camp in tanks, jeeps, etc. I have gotten at least 30 kills easy doing that, with over 20 passes by American dive bombers (completely unsuccessful due to roof over head).

Although quite often the end result is an bazooka wielding yank outflanking and taking out my engine block...

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02-09-2009, 05:09:29 »
Today, just now on Pixel-Fighter. Killed 9 enemies with the Colt .45. Best was waxing 3 Germans with my Thompson, then having another appear before I could reload, I bust out the Colt and take him in two shots, then waste the remaining 5 killing the a final German before being able to reload.

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07-09-2009, 10:09:54 »
Had another one last night. Found a good spot to sit with my Firefly, which I jokingly announced I'd named Stephy in honor of an ex-girlfriend. I expected to be satcheled immediately after saying that, but I knocked out three panthers, a pzIII, two tigers, 4 stugs, a pzIV, a jagdpanzer, an enemy wolverine, and mowed down loads of inf before - and this was pure luck - changing the camera to the reverse chase view and seeing a fauster sneaking up behind me. The browning was conveniently pointed backwards anyway and I mowed him down. To top it all off, when I was eventually satcheled, I bailed in time and killed the man who blew up my poor Stephy.

Offline Roden

• Make war not love
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07-09-2009, 10:09:11 »
Poin du hoc

Shot riflegrenade at the Squad who mad it up on the cliff, Hower they where out of sight in a dip in the cliff
(Could not fire direcly on them, shoot would land in the sea) so i fired at some rock next to them JACKPOT
Think i killed atleast 6 Guys or so

;D
« Last Edit: 07-09-2009, 11:09:59 by Roden »

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-09-2009, 01:09:16 »
Last night, on FH1/Orel. Sitting on top of one of those blown up buildings at the top left flag. Some dude in a Panzer III comes rolling along, I hit him twice in the tracks and once in the turret hatch with my PTRS. Goes up in flames. Then some other jerk comes rolling along in a jeep, caps the flag, and then gets into the Stuart that had spawned their when the Russians had it. Three shots and i blow him up. Respawns, gets into the jeep, and I blow that up with one shot. I'm getting low on ammo so I go down the stairs, run over to the flag building, reload and then break out the pistol. I cap the flag and then some goof in a 222 comes burning along, and I blow him up as he's going full speed. Unfortunately, when i got back to my hiding place, an Elefant came rumbling by. I frantically requested anti-tank support. The dude in the Elefant seemed reluctant to bail and cap the flag, instead just sitting there and looking south, and as I'd had a dude in a SU-76 respond to my quick f2+f3 I took careful aim with my PTRS, and sent a round slamming into the hatch on the top of the Elefant. I got hit indicators, so I did this 3 more times, succesfully getting hit indicators on two of those shots. The dude in the Elefant seemed to figure out what was going on, as he was spinning on the spot and randomly firing 88 shells into buildings, but fortunately, the dude in the SU showed up and finished him in two shots.

The rest of the round was mostly uneventful, but that was a good feeling.
« Last Edit: 13-09-2009, 01:09:10 by FEARBEFORE_ »

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:03 »
what made me feel proud was when i was on operation goodwood and i sneaked up into the church tower thwere 2 german snipers were and i knifed them both without me making a sound, and also where a german was following me and i layed an anti-infantry mine and he fell for it and died! and also spotting for artillery and watching it fall down on the enemy...

i feel so proud when i get kills and helping other people, it gives me that sense of duty and contributing to the war effort by helping my team win :)
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17-09-2009, 02:09:19 »
I felt proud on Kharkov Winter last night, patiently hiding in the trees and taking out a Panzer III in nine shots with the PTRD (he had an engineer with him, and I was afraid to waste ammo trying to hit the engy from such a distance). Unfortunately, my kill shot was both hilarious and tragic - he had parked on the bridge trying to cap the flag, and with his tank burning, he bailed, and I sent one more round into the tracks of the PzIII and blew it up. Unfortunately, I killed a teammate who was attemption to shoot the bailer, but both my comrade and the enemy flew way up into the air and into the river when the tank exploded.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18-09-2009, 05:09:28 »
i change mine.. even though it was awesome.. but i went 54 and 4 in the BFE WAW game with a PZ 4 F2 so oh snap.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18-09-2009, 19:09:14 »
Using the flamethrower at Operation Luttich. Nothing felt more awesome in all my experience. My best action with it was the defense of the church. It was made rather difficult by the Panzer IV and the Puma outside, but I managed to run into a tent and hide. Whenever German infantry approached the church or the flag, they turned to ash! Eventually the tanks were distracted by the flames long enough for the bazooka guy to get a shot in and destroy both with a a single shot each. Thus, the Germans with their superior numbers and firepower were just pwned with little to no Allied losses, as all my guys were in the church for the most part except for me covering both entrances and the flag. We kicked major ass that day.

Offline hslan.GN_Angrybeaver

• FH-Betatester
  • EEVIIIIIIL BEAVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21-09-2009, 23:09:49 »
yesterday i was quadleading at totalize,while we breaked through to the comm hq.
i got a churchill 57mm.
just seconds before we reached the flag...a whole german tank-convoy showed up.
one after one i got:
a stug
a p4
2 panthers
a wirbelwind
and a kübelwagen
voip was just noice,everybody laughing his ass off...after the situation full of panic....dooppie was just shouting: KINGTIGER KINGTIGER (duno where he saw it  ;D)

right after my nice rampage...i got ctd  :(