Author Topic: CMP Berlin+CMP PACIFIC SP-Coop Map Pack Released! (Updated)  (Read 19558 times)

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
New Update!! (CMP Berlin SP-Coop Support)

Hi Fh2 Community. After a long time, i made a new sp map. Now it's time to share with you. This SP support is for CMP Berlin. I hope you like it!

All layers:

CMP Berlin 64p
CMP Berlin 32p
CMP Berlin 16p

are SP-Coop supported.

All layers work fine. But also i would be happy, if you give me your feedbacks about the 64p layer.

**********************************************************************************

CMP PACIFIC SP-COOP Contents
Hi Fh2 community. I've been dealing with making navmeshes for Cmp pacific maps for a long time. Finally i share my work with you. This map pack contains three maps:

CMP Wake island: 64p, 32p and 16p
CMP Tarawa 64p, 32p and 16p
CMP Tulagi: 64p, 32p and 16p

All layers of the Wake island, Tulagi and Tarawa maps work fine. Pacific vehicles have AI templates in all three maps.
 I hope you enjoy this map pack.
Have a nice day.

!!! Download link is in FH2 discord: https://discord.com/channels/338594020328472579/716392204452757597/979336628847910932
« Last Edit: 31-05-2022, 09:05:46 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline MorganH.

• 'We shall never surrender'
    • View Profile
Re: CMP PACIFIC SP_Coop Map Pack Released!
« Reply #1 on: 15-07-2020, 17:07:32 »
Oh my dear Ivan, this is great news for us SP/Coop guys !

Thank you so much for your work and already downloaded the link. The folder comes with proper instructions i see ,so even i can install it correctly.  ;)

If not ,i know where to find you ;D.

Will keep you posted about my experiences with your Coop versions !

"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-07-2020, 20:07:12 »
Hi Ivan. Great job! Now I can say that "Tenno Heika, banzai!" on a daily basis...  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZFYcJeuakg

First, I did not know you are a doctor... You are doing the difference somewhere, in these hard times, for sure. Wish you all the best, and thanks for your hard work! You'll be on my prayers.

Now, about the maps. I did not have time to explore all of them, but I can give some input about what I saw. Everything is working allright. On the other side, Tarawa 64, for example, is quite unstable, related to those problems you mentioned on Readme. I recall Darman said bots don't like water, specially when inside vehicles.

I'm just saying it on top of my ignorance, but you could take a look on LCVP's on Omaha COOP. They are the only naval assets working with bots. In the beginning of the round, all of them start on board and head to the beach, landing properly. Maybe if the same settings are applied on Pacific maps you should have a workaround to start with; then delete the other landing craft (leaving one LVT or Seep to the player if possible) and see what happens.

And you still consider, in the future, creating navmeshes for Cabanatuan and Berlin? Huge work, but overland maps, so, less amphibious problems to deal with.

I would like to thank you again for you efforts. Finally, Pacific is here!

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-07-2020, 03:07:51 »
Played Wake 64 and, indeed, the gameplay is just fine. The bots spawn in Daihatsus and proceed to the beach. Others board the planes in the carrier and proceed to attack targets. But nothing works on Tarawa and Tulagi 64.

Maybe you should consider wipe out all landing craft on both maps, except those LCVP's. Then see what bots think of it. Other ships should be erased too? Destroyers, PT Boats and subs. Of course some more experienced dev could give some input?

Besides that, amazing job. Wake 64 is a joy to play and to enjoy the scenery. I hope to hear from you in the near future Ivan!

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-07-2020, 10:07:08 »
Thanks for your comments guys. I hope you enjoy.  ;)

I intentionally didnt add AI spawnpoints for sea vehicles in Tarawa 64p and Tarawa 32p. because bots will spawn in vehicles and they will not move. At least you can enter a sea vehicle and so bots can spawn on you as a squadleader. So you can reach to shore by leading the bots and you can capture a flag by leading the bots. I hope someone can make a correct ai templates for lvt vehicles. lvt vehicles are not landing crafts. They are amphibian vehicles.

I am planing to improve tulagi 64p in the future. Bots can use lcvps in tulagi 64p. But some weird things causes random crashes. Anyway We have a perfect Wake island 64p. This is a good thing.

Have a nice day...
« Last Edit: 30-04-2021, 10:04:09 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-07-2020, 10:07:58 »
Awesome work! Thank you so much! Will give them a nice spin this weekend. Also I thought, about the maps that need the bots to land on the island, isn't it possible to just change one flag on the island as if it has already been captured and force the bots to spawn on it? This way we can keep the fighting on land only.

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-07-2020, 10:07:26 »
Awesome work! Thank you so much! Will give them a nice spin this weekend. Also I thought, about the maps that need the bots to land on the island, isn't it possible to just change one flag on the island as if it has already been captured and force the bots to spawn on it? This way we can keep the fighting on land only.

Yes this is my future plan. If I cannot solve that amphibian vehicle problem, I will change the flag configurations as you said above.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-07-2020, 11:07:01 »
Also I thought, about the maps that need the bots to land on the island, isn't it possible to just change one flag on the island as if it has already been captured and force the bots to spawn on it? This way we can keep the fighting on land only.

That's a reasonable and easier workaround to apply, no doubt.

Whatever the arrangement I tried, I always ran into a CTD in the first few seconds on Tarawa 32. So, I tried to remove some spawnables. I started with the amphibious tractors, then LCVP's and finally tanks and planes. I got a stable round (but with all americans bots still not spawning) until I crewed one of those AA guns on Enterprise, just to get a instant CTD. I think those crashes are somewhat related to one or more spawnables (as you stated on Readme). So, I assume the aircraft and sea assets present on Wake are not related to the issues.

I couldn't even start a round on Tulagi 64. CTD right after load screen. Maybe, the same spawnable is causing troubles in both maps. Now, about the misterious 'bot allergy' to landing craft in Tarawa, I have no clue. Search and destroy bug mission ahead!

Cheers!

batistadk

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-07-2020, 12:07:01 »
Thanks batistadk for your views and attention. Btw i cannot send a pm for some reason. i'm getting errors when trying to send pm.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-07-2020, 17:07:52 »
Ivan, once again wonderful work on the navmeshing. Played them all and I am thoroughly impressed.

These maps were all designed without AI in mind, and you may have no interest in changing any of the dynamics, but if you are open for it, here are a couple gameplay design suggestions.

Wake Island:

This map easily plays best of all, and is great fun. To play as the defender however can become quite stale:

A: The Japanese will not really man the cargo spaces of the the landing crafts and arrive in small numbers at a time, also leaving their boats in the open and slowly (very slowly) moving a long way to the shore. The MG emplacements make it far too easy to mow them down, so removing some of them could be a way forward.

B: The Japanese will throw all their forces at the CP at the tip of the island, and end up fighting the rest of the round for the bridge-chokepoint. I adjusted the the Japanese to have twice as many men as the US side, and they still didn't stand a chance. If they would perform landings at other objectives from the start of the mission, a more dynamic flow could be established.

Tarawa:

I would love to see how a beach landing plays out here one day with fixed behaviour templates or whatever is needed. The 16p layer unfortunately is not very exciting, since it will always develop into a slugging match on a thing strip of beach. Adding an Airfield CP and opening some of the barriers, assigning neutral CPs to the Japanese side and creating a push-mode where the base can be captured would go a long way to make this map worthwile.

Tulagi:

This map plays fine, but could benefit from one or two more CPs, a push-layout and a capturable base CP. Moreover, from an aesthetic point of view, the map either needs a fixed watershader or a different skybox and sky variables. Water and lighting clash quite a bit, and the oversaturation is irritating at times. Great for screen-archery, not so much for fighting.

General:

Wake Island does not have a loadscreen-soundtrack. Some of the UI doesn't fit in well with the FH2 quality standards. If the CMP guys allow you to change this, it might be a good change to have your work blend in, if you care about such things, that is.

That being said, keep up your good work as a doctor first and foremost and thank you for making these available as they are right now. 

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-07-2020, 22:07:43 »
Hey Darman, how are you? Glad you joined us!

Insteresting... I sent a PM to Ivan with some observations/opinions, and they almost match all of yours! Looks like I'm on the right path of "reading gameplay", with my observations close to yours, that are highly regarded!  ;)

I think Ivan is doing such a great job with this Pacific stuff, and with a couple of tweaks these COOP's will be kicking ass! On all of 3 maps I think a Push Mode would be better for playability, on both sides. And of course it would match the real battles, that were all annihilation to the last man. Plus some additional, well emplaced CP's would have a great effect, mostly on smaller layers, specially, as you said, on Tarawa 16.

One thing that bothers me greatly are the CTD's related to Japanese armour. I'm just trying to understand how AI templates work, but the fact is I got CTD's 100% of times on Tarawa (32 and 64), all crashes related to bots crewing something at some point. What do you think?

Ivan, sent you a PM.

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-07-2020, 10:07:42 »
Ivan, once again wonderful work on the navmeshing. Played them all and I am thoroughly impressed.

These maps were all designed without AI in mind, and you may have no interest in changing any of the dynamics, but if you are open for it, here are a couple gameplay design suggestions.

Wake Island:

This map easily plays best of all, and is great fun. To play as the defender however can become quite stale:

A: The Japanese will not really man the cargo spaces of the the landing crafts and arrive in small numbers at a time, also leaving their boats in the open and slowly (very slowly) moving a long way to the shore. The MG emplacements make it far too easy to mow them down, so removing some of them could be a way forward.

B: The Japanese will throw all their forces at the CP at the tip of the island, and end up fighting the rest of the round for the bridge-chokepoint. I adjusted the the Japanese to have twice as many men as the US side, and they still didn't stand a chance. If they would perform landings at other objectives from the start of the mission, a more dynamic flow could be established.

Tarawa:

I would love to see how a beach landing plays out here one day with fixed behaviour templates or whatever is needed. The 16p layer unfortunately is not very exciting, since it will always develop into a slugging match on a thing strip of beach. Adding an Airfield CP and opening some of the barriers, assigning neutral CPs to the Japanese side and creating a push-mode where the base can be captured would go a long way to make this map worthwile.

Tulagi:

This map plays fine, but could benefit from one or two more CPs, a push-layout and a capturable base CP. Moreover, from an aesthetic point of view, the map either needs a fixed watershader or a different skybox and sky variables. Water and lighting clash quite a bit, and the oversaturation is irritating at times. Great for screen-archery, not so much for fighting.

General:

Wake Island does not have a loadscreen-soundtrack. Some of the UI doesn't fit in well with the FH2 quality standards. If the CMP guys allow you to change this, it might be a good change to have your work blend in, if you care about such things, that is.

That being said, keep up your good work as a doctor first and foremost and thank you for making these available as they are right now.

Thanks very much Darman for your detailed views and attention. I totally agree with the views you mentioned above.  ;). btw I saw your pm message. But i couldnt reply. Because i cannot send pm. i'm getting error messages after every pm attempt.

Hey Darman, how are you? Glad you joined us!

Insteresting... I sent a PM to Ivan with some observations/opinions, and they almost match all of yours! Looks like I'm on the right path of "reading gameplay", with my observations close to yours, that are highly regarded!  ;)

I think Ivan is doing such a great job with this Pacific stuff, and with a couple of tweaks these COOP's will be kicking ass! On all of 3 maps I think a Push Mode would be better for playability, on both sides. And of course it would match the real battles, that were all annihilation to the last man. Plus some additional, well emplaced CP's would have a great effect, mostly on smaller layers, specially, as you said, on Tarawa 16.

One thing that bothers me greatly are the CTD's related to Japanese armour. I'm just trying to understand how AI templates work, but the fact is I got CTD's 100% of times on Tarawa (32 and 64), all crashes related to bots crewing something at some point. What do you think?

Ivan, sent you a PM.

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Thanks batistadk. But i couldnt solve that problem with sending pm yet.  :-[
« Last Edit: 18-07-2020, 10:07:44 by Ivanwazowsky »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-07-2020, 16:07:24 »
There is an update: Now Tulagi 64p is playable. You can download it from the link in first post above. Please read the readme.docx again!

Offline Kandel

• Psycho killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-07-2020, 17:07:28 »
Mr. Ivanwazowsky, You are the first successful map creator to make playable CMP maps, and I am very grateful for your work. Keep it up. ;)

EDIT: After update Tulagi 64 crash when i start a round.
« Last Edit: 19-07-2020, 18:07:54 by Kandel »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19-07-2020, 20:07:50 »
Mr. Ivanwazowsky, You are the first successful map creator to make playable CMP maps, and I am very grateful for your work. Keep it up. ;)

EDIT: After update Tulagi 64 crash when i start a round.

Hi Kandel. I updated the download link. Because i forgot to put coop files. please redownload the pack. It should work now  ;)

Tulagi 64p works:
« Last Edit: 19-07-2020, 21:07:41 by Ivanwazowsky »