Author Topic: I suck completely at this game.  (Read 7024 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: I suck completely at this game.
« Reply #15 on: 09-05-2011, 07:05:17 »
Join a squad, as many said, stick with your squad, you'll learn from your squadmates how to fight. If you act alone you die too quickly and cannot learn anything at all. (and game is therefore not fun)

shooting skills are important, but the more important thing is teamwork, the former makes you a good fighter, the latter makes you a good warrior.

an example would be that if you suck at hitting your targets directly, you could pin them down by keep firing without much aiming. Then your teammates would have a easier time killing them.

A tip to stick with your squad is always wait for SL to spawn then spawn on him. Simple. I always do that.

a word of advice is that, for more advanced combat like smoke grenades/frag grenades, it is important to learn how to use them or else it'd be just harmful to your own team (like blinding your own team with smoke). Watch how your teammates do it would be definitely helpful.

"veteran" FHers like us have a library of tactics in our minds but those are really hard to tell in words. For example I could very often survive in a bad situation where all of my squadmates are dead, as there is a certain way to leave you undetected/unharmed, I tried to tell them to hide but they just don't listen/can't understand...

I always fnd MP easier than SP, lol.. simply because the bots can see you through solid textures...

and bots cannot be suppressed, and they have no fear of bullets. You cannot fool them as well (as they were too foolish already).

Oh btw, I always find surviving very important unless you have an army of backups/target is very valuable(tanks for instance). So you might see me sometimes doing suicidal landmine runs/the first guy to charge, but most of the time you see me just taking cover and firing from small observation holes. Glorious playstyles often leads to quick death.

Killing 10 enemies with your grenade would do like nothing if your enemy could recover before your team could take advantage of that. And why risk your life if you cannot help accomplishing any good goals?
« Last Edit: 09-05-2011, 08:05:31 by General_Henry »

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-05-2011, 08:05:19 »
I've actually noticed that if you charge like a madman it usually brings the best results for me personally. I usually end up with 30-40 deaths per match. The thing is, you should find a style that suits you the best, there isn't really a universal rule on how to play. If you play very badly when lonewolfing or ramboing, try teamwork or vice versa.

Once you find a style that let's you enjoy the game, you usually succeed better in the game.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-05-2011, 14:05:21 »
^ True, I always do better in kills if I go lonewolfing and hunting other lonewolfs, but if I teamplay I feel much better and have a sense of accomplishment.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-05-2011, 20:05:30 »
I've actually noticed that if you charge like a madman it usually brings the best results for me personally. I usually end up with 30-40 deaths per match. The thing is, you should find a style that suits you the best, there isn't really a universal rule on how to play. If you play very badly when lonewolfing or ramboing, try teamwork or vice versa.

Once you find a style that let's you enjoy the game, you usually succeed better in the game.

Yeah. There are these 2 approaches:

A: Charge to the flag and shot the enemy then. Comes with the possibility of high death count.
B: Shoot the enemy and then charge to the flag. Comes with the possibility of never capping the flag.

Usually I choose A, which leaves me often all alone at flags. If you choose this variant, consider the use of S-mines.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-05-2011, 07:05:17 »

I found that if you know the game well and play with more "courage". You'll do very well in the game.

But knowing when to take cover is really important, as many deaths are just unnecessary. (let's say when you see a tank out there don't run around like a madman...take a more sneaky path, or throw a smoke)

Yeah Dukat being too brave sometimes means all your teammates are left behind. (but since your enemy don't expect you, you lived)

Offline KevinWad

• I live in 1935
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-05-2011, 02:05:39 »
Join a squad,
...and you have to join a good squad which us harder, I mean a fourth of the time my squad leader keeps getting me (and much of the squad) killed over and over again.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-05-2011, 11:05:05 »
Join a squad,
...and you have to join a good squad which us harder, I mean a fourth of the time my squad leader keeps getting me (and much of the squad) killed over and over again.

That is not the fault of your SL. The SL isn't the guy, who is sitting in front of your PC and responsible for that, when you take cover or not. I noticed, to be a good SL is very hard. You realy need members, who follow your order.
-Simple orders, that are given on the map. I also noticed, that on the 762 server most of the people don't know, what the meaning of "DEFEND!!!" in the squad and team channel means. Fow example on PdH: After taking a flag I ordered my squad members to Defend a flag, doesn't matter wich. It was nearly useless because all players of the team run like little kiddies to next flag so that we lost the flags back everytime.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-05-2011, 22:05:26 »
Join a squad,

That is not the fault of your SL. The SL isn't the guy, who is sitting in front of your PC and responsible for that, when you take cover or not. I noticed, to be a good SL is very hard. You realy need members, who follow your order.
-Simple orders, that are given on the map. I also noticed, that on the 762 server most of the people don't know, what the meaning of "DEFEND!!!" in the squad and team channel means. Fow example on PdH: After taking a flag I ordered my squad members to Defend a flag, doesn't matter wich. It was nearly useless because all players of the team run like little kiddies to next flag so that we lost the flags back everytime.

Any squadleader knows that people will spawn on him. If the squadleader stays in a totally exposed spot, causing his men to spawn in the line of fire with the result of instant death for them, he is to blame. Even though that accounts for my own actions sometimes when being a squadleader.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-05-2011, 14:05:05 »
I don't think, that it is the problem of the SL. Of course there are some guys, who don't care about being SL, but in this case you can easy leave the squad and search for another one, that maybe better fits to you. I also got the feeling, that many players don't understand the SL-system as a mobile spawn system itself. You can be the best SL, write it in the channel, that they should spawn on you, also when you are in a good position - in the end you have one or maybe two guys in you squad, who follow your orders and can imagine your tactical point of view. The other members don't care and spawn nowhere, for example on uncap flags, that aren't realy in danger. I don't want to say, that this is always the case, but mostly. One opposite and very good example was the italian friday - very nice teamplay so far.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-05-2011, 18:05:12 »
my advices are :

-Be in a squad.

-Spawn on Squad leader (SL) only if his order is to attack a flag.  No need to spawn on him when his order is to defend a flag because you can spawn at that flag.  Your SL is probably hiding from incoming enemy and spawning on him can only reveal his position.

-When your SL order is to attack and he's getting close to enemy flag, spawn on him but don't stay with him.   Instead, push in the enemy flag direction.  In fact, you should always be somewhere between your SL and the attacked flag, ideally in the flagzone area.  That way, your moving the front away from your SL, increasing his chances to survive and giving other squad members the time to spawn on him and reinforce you.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16-05-2011, 19:05:44 »
I don't want to make new topic, but I have a newbie question - how can I open this boats "doors" (these on PDH)?

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: 16-05-2011, 19:05:36 »
I don't want to make new topic, but I have a newbie question - how can I open this boats "doors" (these on PDH)?
Forward or Back arrow I think, isn't it? (The ones under the Delete,Page Up/Down keys)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16-05-2011, 20:05:19 »
Thx, it works!  :)

But I thought that I had tried this already....

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16-05-2011, 20:05:27 »
Arrows also move jeeps windshield and roof, kubels windshield and schwimwagens propeller.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16-05-2011, 21:05:27 »
And the back doors of several trucks (including Opel Blitz Flak 38).