Author Topic: Mod help Mod  (Read 979 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Mod help Mod
« on: 03-09-2012, 17:09:02 »
I was wondering, how often do mods help each other?  I've been playing since BF1942, but i came late as far as FH1, so I played Battlegroup42, which i think is a good mod.  They've got many new vehicles, weapons, and armies.  I've often felt that they should join the FH2 team as i feel they could help a lot. But i dont think thats gonna happen.  Has anyone ever asked them to donate items or support FH2?  I know BF1918 donated an artillery piece for the italians, is this rare or do mods help eachother regularly? (incase someone is wondering im not affiliated with Battlegroup42, just a guy who loves these mods)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Mod help Mod
« Reply #1 on: 03-09-2012, 19:09:50 »
Well actually it was the other way around the old FH 1 devs donated some assets to BG 42 team... Don't know if they got something in return (probably yes). But afaik BG42 team is not interested in modding BF 2 but they are making their new game/mod on Unreal engine instead IIRC.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
Re: Mod help Mod
« Reply #2 on: 05-09-2012, 15:09:30 »
In the beginning of BF2 modding we cooperated with POE2, had shared forums, we shared some assets and animations with PR but thats just about it. We are not interested in bf1942 assets, often to low poly and low res textures, we make our own assets and take great pride in that. Altough if someone would like to donate a high quality world war 2 model that we lack, I dont see a reason we shouldnt accept.