Author Topic: Error 6025: pure blah blah blah - solved!  (Read 699 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Error 6025: pure blah blah blah - solved!
« on: 29-05-2015, 19:05:31 »
My name is Christie Front Drive, and you may remember me as the man who zooked your Panther. I've been trying for a few weekends now to reinstall FH2 on my computer, to play on the weekend.

To the delight of tank crews everywhere, these attempts have been thwarted by an irritating issue. I have installed BF2, the 1.41 patch, the 1.5 patch, and the alt+tab hotfix. Then I installed FH2 via the launcher. When I open FH2 I can access the settings/update window (with the British truck), but when I go to launch the mod, I get a black screen and the message "Error 6025: pure virtual function call".

Screen:

Here is what I have tried so far to fix this issue:

• reinstalling and update .net Framework
  • downloading and installing all normal Windows Updates (I am running Windows 7 on this system)
  • uninstalling and reinstalling BF2 + FH2 roughly 10 times in the past couple weekends
  • endless Googling of this error message and downloading various files that have not helped slightly
  • cleaning the registry via CCleaner

Anyone got an idea on how I might fix this issue? FH2 worked absolutely perfectly on this computer from 2011 to a few months ago. Now it seems no matter what I try, the mod is determined not to launch.
« Last Edit: 30-05-2015, 12:05:22 by CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Error 6025: pure virtual function call
« Reply #1 on: 29-05-2015, 23:05:20 »
Did you check that the uninstaller deleted ALL files when you tried to reinstall?

Did you install ALL the .Net Framework versions? IIRC you still need the older versions even if you update to the newest one...

Also, check that your GPU drivers are up to date (although it probably isn't that).

And one more thing, Windows 7 can be annoying if you set UAC control settings to high. I'd recommend installing BF2/FH2 on your non-system partition.

Good luck.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-05-2015, 00:05:20 »
Hey Christie!

Have you tried the "repair" function in the FH2 Launcher?

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-05-2015, 00:05:10 »
Maybe a stupid idea, but maybe run as administrator with XP compatibility?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-05-2015, 00:05:24 »
"Pure virtual function call" is a low level generic error, not specific to FH2 or BF2, and containing little useful info but "something bad just happened". The only thing I can definitely tell is that it has nothing to do with the .NET framework. Does vBF2 launch fine for you, Christie?

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-05-2015, 01:05:36 »
Was Windows 7 reinstalled? Like .NET Framework, Visual C++ has numerous versions so make sure they are up to date.

If there was not a problem with a previous BF2/FH2 installation, can it be recovered from a backup to eliminate the possibility of a fault in the new installation (copy game and user folders, and export-import registry entries). Or if there was a problem and to really uninstall as LuckyOne says, the user files and registry probably have to be deleted manually.

I don't know how the launcher updater works but it would seem potentially less problematic to get and verify the installers seperately (maybe it did download them to your system?).

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-05-2015, 09:05:38 »
Did you check that the uninstaller deleted ALL files when you tried to reinstall?

Did you install ALL the .Net Framework versions? IIRC you still need the older versions even if you update to the newest one...

Also, check that your GPU drivers are up to date (although it probably isn't that).

And one more thing, Windows 7 can be annoying if you set UAC control settings to high. I'd recommend installing BF2/FH2 on your non-system partition.

Good luck.

That's the trouble with the .NET Framework. I have installed and now reinstalled 4.5.2, and it won't allow me to reinstall previous versions for any reason. The installer literally blocks the "Next" button if it detects a higher version, which I have.

Hey Christie!

Have you tried the "repair" function in the FH2 Launcher?

Several times, homie. I keep peppering this whole affair by attempting to repair, but this hasn't helped so far.

Maybe a stupid idea, but maybe run as administrator with XP compatibility?

When I try this, FH2 (in both windowed and full screen modes) crashes to desktop, rather than displaying the error message I screenshotted above. When I go back to unchecking Run as Administrator and Run in Compatibility Mode For XP SP3, I am right back where I started, and get the same message as before.

"Pure virtual function call" is a low level generic error, not specific to FH2 or BF2, and containing little useful info but "something bad just happened". The only thing I can definitely tell is that it has nothing to do with the .NET framework. Does vBF2 launch fine for you, Christie?

A quick Googling (and being late for work already when I started this thread, it was QUICK fucking Googling) lead me to believe that .NET Framework might be a part of the problem. Vanilla BF2 launches and then black screens, and the task manager will not come up. I am stuck on a dead screen and have to restart my PC.

Was Windows 7 reinstalled? Like .NET Framework, Visual C++ has numerous versions so make sure they are up to date.

If there was not a problem with a previous BF2/FH2 installation, can it be recovered from a backup to eliminate the possibility of a fault in the new installation (copy game and user folders, and export-import registry entries). Or if there was a problem and to really uninstall as LuckyOne says, the user files and registry probably have to be deleted manually.

I don't know how the launcher updater works but it would seem potentially less problematic to get and verify the installers seperately (maybe it did download them to your system?).

Same version of Windows 7 Pro that came with this PC 4 or 5 years ago. I don't think I can recover any old installation.

Right now, where we are is that I've uninstalled FH2 + BF2 and deleted manually every possible inkling of the mod and vanilla game I can find. Currently I am downloading FH2 in two parts from the Downloads page on the off chance this is different from the FH2 Launcher and may somehow work.

I regret very deeply the billion or so times I have uninstalled this mod in an attempt to instead do something productive with my time. The only bullshit I ever deal with in the form of black screens, CTDs and runtime errors is when I am trying to reinstall the game, almost as if Our Lady FH is offended by my reckless uninstalling and is determined never to work again.

Thanks for your help guys - I will plow on trying to get all the screws tightened in the right order and I am sure, eventually, you will feel the sizzling kiss of molten copper with love from me to you and your Sherman before you know it.
« Last Edit: 30-05-2015, 11:05:23 by CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE »

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

• View Profile
Re: Error 6025: pure blah blah blah - solved!
« Reply #7 on: 30-05-2015, 12:05:20 »
Okay, after 4 hours of patience I could only have learned by gluing pine needles to my nuts and laying in wait for Shermans in the Ardennes, we seem to be back in business. I stripped my PC bare of any mention of BF2 and FH2, used the two part downloads instead of the launcher, and all seems to be well. I appreciate all your help.
« Last Edit: 30-05-2015, 12:05:48 by CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE »

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-05-2015, 15:05:14 »
Great to hear it works!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-05-2015, 15:05:05 »
Good to hear that, can't wait for you to panzerfist my ass online  ;)