Author Topic: Conspiracies Thread Mk II  (Read 244564 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« Reply #60 on: 25-04-2011, 18:04:01 »
And that's no exaggeration either. British in North Africa, still my favorite player model - And the Chevy!

I do wonder if any of the former devs just happen to have some models or maps still in test or just waiting for the right time to emerge... Some North African or Normandy Map, or some seriously cool vehicle out of nowhere... Would really love to see that someday....Age gives models class :)

Maybe, a never-ever-before released Omaha? *Hey, I can dream, can't I?*

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 25-04-2011, 18:04:29 »
*Hey, I can dream, can't I?*
That almost sounds like an invitation.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25-04-2011, 20:04:13 »
Big crush :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 25-04-2011, 20:04:35 »
*Hey, I can dream, can't I?*
That almost sounds like an invitation.

Well tbh, I always wanted to have closure on the Omaha issue, so please go on, tell us...

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 25-04-2011, 21:04:53 »
We are not developing an Omaha Beach map at this time.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 25-04-2011, 22:04:45 »
Yer? So about that 'No one touch Omaha, till am ready to do it'... That never took off at all? Not even a beta?

Cuz I know a whole bunch of fanmodders who would LO-ove to develop their own version - as long as it got airtime on some server.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 25-04-2011, 22:04:30 »
Well we have a lot of maps that are started but never finished. I don't know if someone ever wants to finish it or if it's worth finishing. All I know is that now we are not working on an Omaha Beach map.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25-04-2011, 22:04:26 »
Yer? So about that 'No one touch Omaha, till I am ready to do it'... That never took off at all? Not even a beta?

Cuz I know a whole bunch of fanmodders who would LO-ove to develop their own version - as long as it got airtime on some server.
Wasn't Omaha originally Lobo's baby?

However, I agree that what I would really love to see is better utilization of the fan community. Say, the devs would like to see a map X in the mod but none of them is interested enough to do it or more likely, is otherwise occupied already. So they just start a new thread in the Modding forum, announcing their wish for a map, promising only that they might consider testing the map if it is beyond commercial quality. Also, while tournament maps as such are not the same thing as proper release maps, the FHT and WAW guys should really start considering seriously which of those could be polished and tweaked enough for official release. I would see great potential in there.

---

By the way, whatever happened to the "smaller updates but more often"? At this rate, the interval between 2.3 and 2.4 won't be much smaller than between 2.15 and 2.2 ???

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 25-04-2011, 22:04:03 »
However, I agree that what I would really love to see is better utilization of the fan community. Say, the devs would like to see a map X in the mod but none of them is interested enough to do it or more likely, is otherwise occupied already.
We want good maps. What it's about is (almost) entirely irrelevant to us.

Also, while tournament maps as such are not the same thing as proper release maps, the FHT and WAW guys should really start considering seriously which of those could be polished and tweaked enough for official release. I would see great potential in there.
There are multiple maps in 2.3 that started out as tournament maps already.

By the way, whatever happened to the "smaller updates but more often"? At this rate, the interval between 2.3 and 2.4 won't be much smaller than between 2.15 and 2.2 ???
Since 2.4 moves us to a new theater of war, which requires new vehicles, new statics, reskins of pretty much everything, new playermodels, etc... we did not take the "fast and small" approach.

« Last Edit: 25-04-2011, 22:04:42 by Lightning »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 25-04-2011, 22:04:05 »
And personally, I think we should stay off that sort of approach - No offense, but I would rather have the one-year long maps that are almost exact to RL locations and play epically like PeB or PDH - I rre-aally hate CObra.

I was so excited when I heard the 'dont touch it till I'm ready to do it' for Omaha and was waiting to experience the real to life deal map - With exact mg positions, bunker layout and all, then... Nada...

And now its like, oh, that ol' thing, its just another map - We really weren't planning on making it ..

Dude, its OMAHA! It must be!

Anyway, guess i needed to let that out someday... Well, pitty to hear. Guess that's it for d-day then...

azreal

« Reply #70 on: 25-04-2011, 23:04:38 »
All I will tell you is that real life sucks...that, and that there are a few more Normandy maps yet to be released.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 25-04-2011, 23:04:23 »
To be included in which patch?  :)

Looking forward for the new stuff and I'm sure it will be awesome. In the meanwhile I go back to my greyhairmaking project.  ;D

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26-04-2011, 00:04:51 »
Since 2.4 moves us to a new theater of war, which requires new vehicles, new statics, reskins of pretty much everything, new playermodels, etc... we did not take the "fast and small" approach.
there are a few more Normandy maps yet to be released.
Hmmm..... Fallschirmjäger and US paratrooper models confirmed?
/troll

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26-04-2011, 00:04:45 »
All I know is that now we are not working on an Omaha Beach map.
Finished?   ;D

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26-04-2011, 10:04:55 »
Well we have a lot of maps that are started but never finished. I don't know if someone ever wants to finish it or if it's worth finishing. All I know is that now we are not working on an Omaha Beach map.

make a contest! everybody make a as real as possible looking Omaha beach map, the best map will be tweaked  further to met the demands and looks of every other fh2 map.

set some outlines for what such a map needs, how big, what kind of bunkers, gameplay ect.
Signature is too big