Author Topic: FH2 Historical Accuracy : Ingame VS Real life Pictures  (Read 89384 times)

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Historical Accuracy : Ingame VS Real life Pictures
« Reply #60 on: 27-08-2011, 21:08:05 »
you know that this bunker is 1:1 in fh 2?  ;D

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #61 on: 27-08-2011, 22:08:34 »
@ Hans Werner

can i copy some pics to a german Forum?

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 27-08-2011, 22:08:08 »
I confess I have not gotten around on PdH. Does the port have an MG in it though? Will have to check it out by creating a multiplayer game for one. <- forever alone/curious

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 27-08-2011, 22:08:24 »
I confess I have not gotten around on PdH. Does the port have an MG in it though? Will have to check it out by creating a multiplayer game for one. <- forever alone/curious

I don't think it has an mg in that port, but one further back covering the entrance, plus one MG34 in the Tobruk hatch.

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 27-08-2011, 23:08:04 »
Just ran around on PdH trying to take some screenshots to compare with my photos, but I couldn't even figure out where I took them which led to not finding them in FH2 either  :-[ Dumb me. Someone else feel free to attempt it.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 27-08-2011, 23:08:22 »
not that port, but the one not visible.. if it is really there, to the right. THAT one has an mg

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28-08-2011, 00:08:50 »
While we're talking historical accuracy: why does the Crete map cover such a big area compared to other maps? Wouldn't it be better to just focus on one battle within Crete instead of making a miniature of the Chania/Souda bay area?

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 28-08-2011, 00:08:30 »
I ran about a bit too and like Ts4EVER says there is an MG at the end of the hallway facing the pictured entrance (reminicent of FH1 Charlie Sector west bunker). And on the right side opposite the empty port is another little hidey hole to cover the approach (through probably a death trap for grenades lobbed into the open space).
« Last Edit: 28-08-2011, 03:08:56 by Laboraffe »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 28-08-2011, 01:08:02 »
While we're talking historical accuracy: why does the Crete map cover such a big area compared to other maps? Wouldn't it be better to just focus on one battle within Crete instead of making a miniature of the Chania/Souda bay area?
not all maps are accurate in FH2 in sake of gameplay. This one is actually a remake of very popular bf1942 FH1 map. I wish to see completely changed Crete and Aberdeen someday.

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 28-08-2011, 01:08:48 »
not all maps are accurate in FH2 in sake of gameplay. This one is actually a remake of very popular bf1942 FH1 map. I wish to see completely changed Crete and Aberdeen someday.

Yes, yes, I know it's a remake. As you said, I'd like to see a revamp of Crete. Either a bigger map or focus on one area instead of a big chunk of Crete cramped into a small map.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Re: Why I love so much FH2 ?
« Reply #70 on: 28-08-2011, 01:08:48 »
Armored Furry

That just cracks me up so terribly.

More on topic: Yeah, not bad. Also, perhaps Norman countryside was largely changed since 1944..

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Why I love so much FH2 ?
« Reply #71 on: 28-08-2011, 01:08:16 »
Armored Furry

That just cracks me up so terribly.

Well the map is well liked and that counts for much.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 28-08-2011, 11:08:04 »

Yes, yes, I know it's a remake. As you said, I'd like to see a revamp of Crete. Either a bigger map or focus on one area instead of a big chunk of Crete cramped into a small map.

That wont be 'crete', more cretan village. But yer, something like Sfakia...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 28-08-2011, 16:08:33 »
Eehm, no, it is not a remake. Yes, there was a Crete 1941 map in Fh1, but that was different from this one in many aspects, like the Brits had tanks (multiple real ones, not that Vickers thingy) there, and the Germans had a Bf110, etc. It also had a hill full of defenses in the western part of the map, with barbed wire, trenches and AT guns.

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 28-08-2011, 18:08:20 »
@ Hans Werner

can i copy some pics to a german Forum?

Yes of course ;)