Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29386 times)

Offline EpicFoodEpic

• View Profile
Development progress?
« on: 27-07-2013, 20:07:41 »
How's the progress on the development of the soviet faction going?? the last update on the homepage was back on 12.06.2013.Is the mod slowly dying?
« Last Edit: 05-08-2013, 17:08:06 by Lightning »

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Mod dead already?
« Reply #1 on: 27-07-2013, 20:07:10 »
Nope ...  ::)

Offline EpicFoodEpic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-07-2013, 20:07:43 »
How's the online community going? I've uninstalled my bf2/Fh2 becuase i got bored somehow..lol

It's good if there are still some guys playing online or bunch of offline players bashing about the bots on this forum.

About the development of this mod,Are they slowly quitting the development of the game or it's just because of the lack of modelers/scripters stuff?.I am really excited about the soviet faction(not only me)so please go on with the development.I know we got issues on the pop of players/supporters of this mod.hmm how about a  exposure to steam will do? or try to advertise on facebook(4play page?)

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-07-2013, 21:07:09 »
(i dont like were this conversation is going...)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-07-2013, 21:07:09 »
 Ill address this...

The hold up is maps. Not enough of them. Not enough mappers making them.

The community is still active. About 150 - 200 players play daily.

1 server to control them all....(LOTR reference insert giggle :P)

Check back Summer 2014....
 ;)

Offline EpicFoodEpic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-07-2013, 02:07:13 »
Hmm..how about ask for help from the project reality guys after they release there 1.0?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-07-2013, 03:07:23 »
I'm sure any PR dev who wants to work on FH2 would be welcome, I just don't know how many there are ;)

Offline Jupp-FH1/2

• If you are unsure how to proceed, shoot again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-07-2013, 22:07:39 »
I'm pretty sure development on this mod is dead. It takes months to get any update on work being done, the pic of the week has been same for months at a time. There's nothing in the developers blog and no real news in almost a year.

All we've gotten since last patch has been renders of things completed years ago. They say that mapping is the real issue, yet there is tons of mappers out there and making a BF2 map doesn't take years.

They broke the game last patch with angle mod and hitbox adjustments, yet no incremental patch to fix issues or anything of the like.

The lackadaisical way that devs have given the community news from the beginning all but ensured that interest in this mod would die pretty quickly.

They did a great job, but I think it shows that even devs are giving up on anything meaningful happening with this mod in future.

Let us know where this mod really stands and what work is currently being done in an open and frank manner. I'm sure that it would attract those who can help and let community know that this mod still has some life left.
Los Los Los

Offline greenMIKO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-07-2013, 22:07:23 »
Yea, and i'm sure it will help the devs to stay motivated when you keep saying that the mod is dead and all that crap. ::) Just let the devs do their job and eventually we will have a new update.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31-07-2013, 00:07:40 »
The last update was in june. Unless that's a year to you.
And as a beta tester, i know for a fact they have lots more they just haven't decided to showcase.

I know cuz i still play the beta for the Russian campaign.

This happened a few years back, just before we won MOTY.

The devs burn out from contant developing, the beta testers burn out from constant testing, and Summer is a hard time for everyone.

Things will pick up. The devs are pushing to get a very rich Eastern Front out.
When that will be, I'm sure I don't know,

But yes, optimism does help a bit since these people have been working their ass off on this besides their day jobs, nevermind coming up with one of the best mods, I'll say the best mod for Battlefield 2.

We still get a 128player server of up to 110 people almost every day. at least we get 80 or 75.
This will keep I think, till the next update.

And when you say 'already', please define that? Cuz last I checked, FH2 begun development in 2006.
That's hardly 'already'.

Offline Jupp-FH1/2

• If you are unsure how to proceed, shoot again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-07-2013, 16:07:37 »
nevermind coming up with one of the best mods, I'll say the best mod for Battlefield 2.

Now you're just delusional. The mod is a very impressive 2nd place, but calling it the best mod for BF2 is a bit of a stretch.

This is part of the problem, the community hardly gets any real news on whats being worked on. You can wait months for update and all you get is a render and some background info on the weapon/vehicle. Would be nice to know what is being tested, what is completed. Some actual information relating to the development, not just a description of something anyone can find on Wiki

It's like there's this air of secrecy. Then when you wonder if development has stopped, people get hurt feelings.

If this mod isn't dead please act like it, it doesn't take hours to change the pic of the week or do quick update with some news or info. The fact that it can take so long for anything to change, gives the impression that even the people working on the mod don't care anymore. This isn't the first mod that I have followed through the years, so don't kid yourselves.
Los Los Los

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-07-2013, 17:07:45 »
Fh2 on 2nd place? Whats on the 1st place then?
Dead mods don't have active forums and servers full of players. Thats just how devs roll, keeping quiet about their work.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline EpicFoodEpic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-07-2013, 18:07:01 »
Forum/online gameplay:active
Game/mod development:?

On another hand,PR 1.0 is now available to download although the password for the installer would be available on the 2nd of august.So to the devs out there maybe you can now contact the PR devs for a little help.

(Don't wanna pay for red orchestra >.>)

Offline jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-08-2013, 01:08:08 »
sorry for question but PR 1.0 its finall version? No more new releases?
AUDIO FANATIC

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-08-2013, 01:08:51 »
No new releases but they will keep updating it as long as there are players.