Author Topic: Siege of Giarabub Textures  (Read 372 times)

Offline FT2k4

• View Profile
Siege of Giarabub Textures
« on: 20-05-2010, 18:05:17 »
I don't know if this is a bug, or just some screw-up with my BF2, as I had never seen this happen before, so I'll post it here as it may be map-related.

Last night on WOLF Gaming, while playing Siege of Giarabub (16 player), I started up the staircase of the area of the Mosque looking towards the Italian uncap when my textures for the map suddenly took an acid trip. Any building with white walls turned purple, areas of the road were bright red, the ground textures looked like something out of Quake or an earlier game, and the palms of trees were flat, gray rectangles. My weapon selection menu was also screwed up and everything looked like sand, so I couldn't see what weapon I was selecting, and the scoreboard had been replayed by colourful blocks. This continued even when the next map was loading, and didn't go away until after I closed FH2 and restarted it.

Unfortunately, in the heat of battle, I forgot to grab a few screenshots, as doing so freezes my game for up to 5 seconds as the shot saves, so I didn't think to do so with potential enemies around every corner. If it happens again, I'll be sure to grab some.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Giarabub Textures
« Reply #1 on: 20-05-2010, 19:05:22 »
Sounds more like an issue with your graphics card (overheating, dying, etc...).

« Last Edit: 20-05-2010, 19:05:56 by Wilhelm »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-05-2010, 20:05:26 »
This indeed sounds like a classic case of GPU overheating.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-05-2010, 19:05:21 »
Something similar also happens if you Alt-Tab or otherwise minimize the game while the map loads.  But in this case, it's probably an overheating/dying GPU, like they said.  Try cleaning the dust out of your computer, if that doesn't work, you might need to get a new video card...