Author Topic: Times in FH you've been really ANGRY!  (Read 12994 times)

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
Re: Times in FH you've been really ANGRY!
« Reply #120 on: 13-09-2009, 23:09:53 »
i know same with me when i had a stengun and shot a kraut about 10-20 times nearly emptying my clip on him and he didn't die, especially when you get the first shots on him aswell!, i swear some people are cheating, i mean have you noticed its always the Axis that spawn rape the allies? or guess where your hiding in a bush etc?.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 14-09-2009, 01:09:31 »
Yeah, that shooting the enemy and they don't die shit gets to me sometimes. I know you're all probably sick of hearing it from me (and truthfully I just realized yesterday that 99% of my posts here are about lag or some whiny shit, so I apologize) but last night on Market Garden, I had my Thompson and a German was clearly afk right in front of me. I held the mouse button down for a 2-second burst of maybe 10 shots, just as a plane flew over me. When that happens, I literally don't get fps. As soon as a plane shows up on my minimap, it's like time traveling to 10 seconds in the future. When all was said and done, because of the dog fight going on, I (at about 10 feet away from this German) had used up THREE clips and gotten TWO hits. Finally I gave in and knifed him but come on.

A few more things happened to me on Nordwind last night. First of all, I grab the Sherman Jumbo (spawned as engineer). Took it and hid it in the trees on the east side of the map. The good thing about that position is that you get a great flanking shot on any tank/truck/apc that mindlessly decides to charge the back flags, but the con is any anti-tank german inf spawning at the 3rd flag, their natural direction of sneaking through the forest will bring them to you and you have to be extremely careful and look through the trees very often for sneaky fausters.

Anyway, I (more through the Jumbo being awesome than my own skill, truthfully) am there for about 10  minutes. The first three flags have fallen, and we (allies) are content to just try and hold out at the final two flags. Our arty is firing constantly, sniper in the church, etc. A panzer IV comes rolling out of the woods. First shot hits him, lights him up. Second shot blows him up. Imediately following that I knock a StuG out in one shot. No tanks for a few minutes, but I manage to machine-gun down two inf that were sneaking through the forest. Then the Tiger appears, and I take it out in two flank shots. Three more inf (one I know for sure had a faust) fall victim to me, when a Jagdpanther appears. I take it out with two shots, and then have a round bounce off the front of my tank. Searching frantically, I realize that the amazing defenders of our flag have allowed an enemy to get into one of our Shermans that spawn there. So I take him out. Then I have another round bounce off the front, and I take out a second stug, along with TWO hanomags. Unfortunately, in my haste to destroy the stug I hear the clank of a satchel. I gun it and fly out of my hiding place and into the battle. I turn the turret around and kill the inf behind me, and request repairs frantically (down to half health). I then take out a third Stug head on, at a quarter health.

'NEED REPAIRS! NEED REPAIRS!'

I check our spawn screen and see we have FOUR engineers BESIDES MYSELF, all within 200 feet of me, and NOTHING. I drive the tank as far away from the tree line as I can, and bail to repair myself, still requesting repairs. I see a comrade WITH A CARBINE run past me and into the forest. Just then, I'm hit by OUR OWN ARTILLERY.

As if that wasn't bad enough, earlier on in the round I had seen a teammate with a bazooka at the 2nd flag trade his zook for an STG44 WHILE A TIGER WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. Guess he wanted omg pwnz some noobz.

True fact - anyone with a wrench that doesn't use it should be kicked for a week. It should be perfectly acceptable to teamkill morons that are only interested in their own score.
« Last Edit: 14-09-2009, 02:09:27 by FEARBEFORE_ »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 14-09-2009, 02:09:09 »
I get angry whenever I for some reason decides to spawn with the Sten.
That is possibly the worst gun I've ever fired in a game. I have gotten like 2-3 kills with it, at most! I spot a german real close, I fire the first 3 shots (it's practically point-blank range, definite hits) and continues to fire, even though I originally had an advantage he counters and wins the duel, always the same.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 14-09-2009, 02:09:14 »
Weird, I have quite good luck with the Sten.

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 14-09-2009, 02:09:18 »
I feel your pain dude. In FH1 I cant hit a barn with the Sten, whereas enemies with Mp40s seem to have almost rifle-like long range accuracy against me.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 14-09-2009, 03:09:38 »
Weird, I have quite good luck with the Sten.

Same, I'm fine with them.

And MP40 was accurate to 100 yards, whereas the sten was something like 50 I believe...so yeah, MP40 is better x3

Offline NikolaiNL

• View Profile
    • SOE Squad
« Reply #126 on: 14-09-2009, 09:09:08 »
The only thing that gets me worked up every time is people punishing for an accidental tk. For instance when the run inbetween two fighting tanks and get killed in the crossfire. At that point they punish straight away for their own stupidity, at least give the person that made the tk the chance to say sorry.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:16 »
In real life the stengun wasn't as reliable as you may think it was, i heard stories about it, such as if you accidentally knocked it, it would fire off because its safety catch was poor etc...and really it was a spray and pray weapon because it was cheapely made, where as the Mp40 alot of brits sometimes prefer to use this instead of their stenguns, i can see why they ditched there stenguns for the mp40, the yanks did the same in vietnam swapping M16s for AK47s cos of its reliability etc!.

i do love the stengun in FH2 but it really is annoying when you empty a clip on someone and they dont die even if you get definite hits on them!!.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:51 »

i do love the stengun in FH2 but it really is annoying when you empty a MAGAZINE on someone and they dont die even if you get definite hits on them!!.
I have never had any problems with the Sten :/
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #129 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:56 »

i do love the stengun in FH2 but it really is annoying when you empty a MAGAZINE on someone and they dont die even if you get definite hits on them!!.
I have never had any problems with the Sten :/
I do. Too many Sten whores on maps like Falaise..  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:31 »
Well when i used the sten for the first few times and i saw an enemy like 10 feet away from me and i fired, strangly i missed all shots but 1, so no kill. But after some practice i noticed that just giving realy short bursts a few times should kill the enemy right away.. so just a little practice and tactics i guess( and we all know already that the hitboxes arnt all that)
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline NikolaiNL

• View Profile
    • SOE Squad
« Reply #131 on: 14-09-2009, 14:09:20 »
well for CQB the sten is a nice gun, I use it mostly to clear buildings and then its works perfectly

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #132 on: 14-09-2009, 14:09:07 »
When I picked up the angry farmer kit.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 14-09-2009, 14:09:48 »
well of course the Sten is supposed to be used for close quarters, but I was like 3-5 metres away from him, so I'm positive that all the shots hit.
Still, he doesn't die.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 14-09-2009, 15:09:48 »
When I picked up the angry farmer kit.

When I can't find the angry farmer kit.