Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117244 times)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #60 on: 13-02-2013, 23:02:20 »
Looks like it will be added soon I guess, as it's listed in the soviet fighters-tree on their website along with many other airplanes if I'm not mistaken:
http://warthunder.com/upload/image/TREES/ussr_fighters.png

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13-02-2013, 23:02:52 »
Oh nice! Might as well get the game for some experience then.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 14-02-2013, 13:02:41 »
wow, I must tell you! This game is a blast! Although im only rank 2 in the German tree, I enjoy this game alot. It is so satisfying to get a kill!

I really hope they'll add the Dornier Pfeil. It's just something about that plane that tingles my minime.  Can't wait to get ME 110.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 14-02-2013, 14:02:07 »
Played a few rounds last night, it is good fun but i hate the fact the starting russian plane has a zoomed in sight.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 14-02-2013, 16:02:41 »
A lot of low tier planes have that for some reason and it makes it pretty much impossible to hit properly as you don't see much through it at all. Most airplanes don't have it though.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 14-02-2013, 16:02:25 »
Hmmm Any ideas which unlock tree the MiG3 will be in?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 14-02-2013, 17:02:10 »
I assume in the second tree from the left between La-7 and Mig-9 somewhere, as there are 3 migs in the tree already, so it would make sense if Mig-3 is added there too. THere is also a big level gap in that tree with La-5 being a level 11 plane, La-7 being lvl 14 and mig-9 being level 18 plane. So would make much sense if it's added there.

But note that you won't take an eternity to unlock even when you go for a different tree. Unlike in WoT you unlock all airplanes of the level you are with that nation and not just on a certain tree. You also earn enough money and just need to buy the other airplanes when you went for a different tree. So this should not be too big of a problem :)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 14-02-2013, 21:02:41 »

An F2A3 Buffalo equipped with 2x 100lb bombs flies over head surveying the naval damage to each side before diving on an M.C. 202 and taking out it’s left wing

It was a fun match

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 14-02-2013, 21:02:03 »
I tried downloading this game, but launcher was downloading at 150kb/s and torrent button sent me to nonexistant page. Didn't even want to try  ;D

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 14-02-2013, 21:02:12 »
I tried downloading this game, but launcher was downloading at 150kb/s and torrent button sent me to nonexistant page. Didn't even want to try  ;D
The launcher has really crappy speeds sometimes, don't even know how it works, but it needs to be fixed ASAP.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 14-02-2013, 22:02:28 »
Is it just me or are German planes generally totally undergunned? I mean the Tier 3 Hurricane MK II gets 12 MGs ... on this Tier Germans have the Stuka and the Macchi series with 2 MGs each. Later Spitfire has 4 MGs and 2 Cannons (Tier 5) while at the same Tier the BF 109 has 2 MGs and 2 Cannons. Even the T0 planes of the Russians and British have 4 Mgs, while the German ones have 2... I don´t even start about the Beaufighter. What´s the general advantage of flying German aircraft? I don´t see any. If I have to fly with the BF109 behind the target and have to hit it for about 10 secs straight to achieve a kill and then get strafed by a Hurricane that is 3 Tiers below me and it gets me in one salvo, I seriously don´t get the balance.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 14-02-2013, 22:02:51 »
German tree is to this game as American tree (when first patched) is to WoT

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 14-02-2013, 22:02:09 »
Is it just me or are German planes generally totally undergunned? I mean the Tier 3 Hurricane MK II gets 12 MGs ... on this Tier Germans have the Stuka and the Macchi series with 2 MGs each. Later Spitfire has 4 MGs and 2 Cannons (Tier 5) while at the same Tier the BF 109 has 2 MGs and 2 Cannons. Even the T0 planes of the Russians and British have 4 Mgs, while the German ones have 2... I don´t even start about the Beaufighter. What´s the general advantage of flying German aircraft? I don´t see any. If I have to fly with the BF109 behind the target and have to hit it for about 10 secs straight to achieve a kill and then get strafed by a Hurricane that is 3 Tiers below me and it gets me in one salvo, I seriously don´t get the balance.

Well you see... they give a crap about your "balance"... They are doing this right, historical accuracy > everything else... Although German FMs are nowhere near final, and Russians are a bit OPed at the moment (they will fix that). Also the Beaufighter and the various British are probably going to be revised... I don't think they will keep the heavily loaded Hurricanes so fast and agile.

And you know... beta...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 14-02-2013, 22:02:46 »
Bf109 G-6,with 2x15mm MG and 3x30mm cannon, one second burst mass:12 kg... second best in the game (the first is Me262, 4x 30mm cannon 14kg OSBM), for comparison, the most powerful British plane, the Beaufighter MkX with 4 cannons and 6 x .50 cal gets "mere" 8.8 kg OSBM. Americans have even less firepower.
Besides German MG are better than other MG's (just compare OSMB per MG)  Germans also get a bunch of fun planes, like Stuka G with 2x 37mm cannons, Me410 with 50mm cannon and He111 with 32x100lb bomb loadout (most bombs in the game) And remember, forward firepower is not everything(though it is a bit) :D

I wouldn't say that any nation is seriously "underpowered", though Russians start out pretty crazy on tier 0 (4 "same" fighters, very agile, twice the number of MG than anyone else, and they can have bombs just WTF)

TBH all planes feel fine, no problems flying any nations.(but look at russian fighters, most of them have really crappy weapons, like 2 mgs and one cannon or something) And i have never felt anything to be overpowered.

Also the Beaufighter and the various British are probably going to be revised... I don't think they will keep the heavily loaded Hurricanes so fast and agile.

And you know... beta...
Since when is hurricane fast and agile? Its perfectly average at best, Its slower than USAAF tier 1 fighter, Hell sometimes it has problems chasing bombers. Its "heavy weaponry" (yeah, good luck shooting down bomber with .303 MG's) is the only thing it has.
« Last Edit: 14-02-2013, 23:02:34 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 14-02-2013, 23:02:33 »
^ I was referring to the Mk II... I saw a guy bring down like 8 planes in that thing before crashing into a mountain because of wing damage...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...