Author Topic: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]  (Read 250270 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]
« Reply #1875 on: 28-01-2012, 14:01:52 »
Damn, I have to play Darkest Hour again. Haven't played it for a while now, since FH2 takes too much time, but I will hop on a server soon. Hill 400 is one of my favorite maps btw. Playing on German side is so much fun. And the fog and the athmosphere is phenomenal. Sadly they will stop development for DH and ship to a new engine.  :(

Why is that sad? New shiny graphics, new features ahoy... I'd say it's quite a good move, the population of RO isn't getting bigger, unfortunately... (Even more unfortunately, same could be said for it's sequel  :()
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 28-01-2012, 16:01:04 »
DH is indeed a great game.

Is the only FPS i can get +10 kills easily, hitbox is perfect and you seem to always be in the best spot at the best moment ^^.

Its a very very good mod, one of my favorite maps, i think it is, St. Vith, with a little church in the middle of a devasted and snowy village, awesome to play as German as you get good shit.

Also one of my favs is Pegasus bridge, with day and night cycles. During daylight, you hear people killing themselves really bad, but at night its all silent, both sides manouvering and the occasional firefight.

One of the best mods i ever played so far.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: 28-01-2012, 16:01:47 »
I´m actually in the 29th. When we´re having big, organised drills on full servers, with all kinds of new content, like parachutes, new maps and matchmode on, DH is the best WW2 shooter available.
Sure, the graphics aren´t fancy anymore, but it has so many cool features, that graphics don´t really matter.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1878 on: 28-01-2012, 18:01:23 »
Can anyone tell me the name of the map that takes place in the early hours of D-Day and the Airborne operations? It was some of the best shit I have ever seen in a multi player mod like this.

We dropped in as American Airborne troops from our C47's landed all over the place and fought like hell through flooded fields, small villages and hedgerows

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: 29-01-2012, 23:01:32 »
Some pics from the latest FHSW event. :)

Bombing the Prince of Wales with a Betty at Malay.

HMS Prince of Wales vs Mogami class cruiser with the expected winner.

Yamato firing at the Midway airstrip.

Hit!

USS South Dakota fighting the Yamato.

HMS Lion's AA guns shoot too late, the bomb did hit.

B-29 Superfortress

B-29 under heavy fire and at a very low altitude.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 30-01-2012, 00:01:26 »
Dat looks like kikusui.

Or should i say......

MOST EPIC MAP IN FHSW?

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: 30-01-2012, 00:01:40 »

HMS Prince of Wales vs Mogami class cruiser with the expected winner.

Yes true but the mogami sunk the HMS Hood before the Price of Wales appered (I know it because I were main and torpedo gunner on mogami with succesfull hits)

You had to take pics of the G4M Ohka bomber formations when we attacked the ships, that looked epic. :)

B-29 under heavy fire and at a very low altitude.

That was the moment I manned the 100mm AA gun with 3 succesfull hits using HE instead of AA (I had to use more than 10 AA shells to kill the B29 while HE was only 1 shot when hit :o)

But it was an great event and I am looking forward to the next one, the main dislike about the event was the low amount of players

Other players, give it a try if you still have an copy of BF1942, it have epic navy and air battles and of couse almost all theatres of ww2 what FH2 is lacking :'(, (I can still remember full servers on WAW's navy and air battles event.)

And FHSW 0.5 comes out soon with new vehicles like the Ki43, D4Y, F2A Buffalo, IL4, MAUS!!! (I have seen pics of these planes for FHSW so it is very likely these will be in 0.5)
« Last Edit: 30-01-2012, 12:01:38 by ww2fighter20 »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 30-01-2012, 07:01:51 »
Installed Red Orchestra + Darkest Hour thx to Rawhide's screenshots.

So i joined the best server in DH, 29th Infantry, and they were playing Berlin.

At first it was only 5 v 5, destroyed 2 Shermans with my PAK and i think i damaged a third or something, i dunno. People started to join, things got worse for us. After some bitter fighting we lost Deutsche Bank in wich i acredited myself another Sherman this time with a Panzerfaust 60.

Fallen German Defender.

Panther supporting German Defenders in the streets of Berlin.

We pulled back towards some position wich i dont remember the name, but the fighting was brutal. It was a big L street, with an enterable building in the corner. Room by Room, the Americans attempted to clear out the Building, but they failed. We had one strong squad of mixed infantry holding up in a kitchen or something, one MG42 and a couple of guys with captured Garands, STG44s and MP40s, among other stuff. I once again knocked out a Sherman, a very lucky shot. After some fighting, mostly with succes and small but very effective counterattacks, the yanks managed to blow the kitchen to pieces and get inside. Fortunely i wasnt there, i was covering the kitchen in some kind of reserve stuff, with a captured BAR, mounted on a bed.

Yanks came in, smoke, people dying, machine gun fire (BAR Sounds scary), three yanks right in my sights, i take them out, our position falls and we cant recap it seems, im the only one in that room.

Took out one more american and a second one got injured. A minute passed and americans started to flank me, silly BAR ran out of ammo and got killed by a Thompson dude.

Then i think we had to retreat to our mega fortress "Alt-Moabit Hotel", we had two more positions, a big open area wich would become a killing ground for Shermans and the Moltke Bridge, just a few meters from the Reichtag, sadly, off map.

German Defenders at the Early stages of the Battle for the Hotel.

So, you spawn outside the Hotel and the fighting for it, was brutal, a massacre, bloodbath, whatever you wanna call it. I tried to delay their advance, as i didnt know that it would be a fortress too hard to capture. Got killed soon by some Rifleman. Nothing much happened for 15 minutes, as our MG gunners were keeping the enemy away from the hotel and the Shermans were acting as arty. I found a nice spot in a corridor, behind some barricade. Sat there for the entire battle, with my K98, took out like 15 enemies, i had to replace my K98 for a Garand. Held the position for more time, as my companion helping me died because he was taking coffee. A Wave of Americans showed up! Like 5 of them, boom boom took out two before the "pin" of the Garand, a third escaped, three came rushing at me, dropped a nade at them BOOOOM more kills, then another guy that was like "Hi" and died. Then some MG Gunner killed me, wich i couldnt even see.

After a long fight we lost the Hotel to the Americans, but they were too weak by the assault of the big open field, after like 3 minutes of intense and bloody fights, we won the battle. I got like 35 Kills, never got so many in a RO game...

Special thanks to Rawhide for reminding me that i have such awesome game in Steam!

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 30-01-2012, 16:01:25 »
[...]
You had to take pics of the G4M Ohka bomber formations when we attacked the ships, that looked epic. :)
I did but somehow Battlefield 1942 overwrote some of my screenshots. ???

But here's a close-up of an Ohka that someone managed to land. :D

I'll play FHSW as long there is a server for it. Simply because there's no other game (to my knowledge) that offers that variety in gameplay, from tight infantry action to large scale naval battles.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 30-01-2012, 22:01:01 »
Are there full/crowded servers on european times? (sorry for the overused question ^^)
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: 30-01-2012, 23:01:19 »
Are there full/crowded servers on european times? (sorry for the overused question ^^)

There's a dozen of us playing on weekends but that's about it. Sadly, this mod doesn't get the love it deserves from the Euros...

On eventnights it's possible to get a half full server... However it's worth the download, the sheer amount of content is astounding.
« Last Edit: 30-01-2012, 23:01:25 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: 01-02-2012, 01:02:23 »
I've done it ! I have created the greatest themepark in the history of the world !

We've made living biological attractions so astounding that they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet.

Sparred no expense. Our state of the art electric vehicles will tour you around the island, viewing all our current exhibits

When visiting in group, you can of course get a price reduction

be sure to get a gimp of our magnificent dinosaurs

Or perhaps you would like to participate in our balloon tour ?

Be sure to have seen our most popular attraction : the tyrannosaurus rex. At jurassic park, we have two of these creatures locked in different paddocks, so you'll have twice as much chance of seeing them.

Also don't forget to watch our pack hunting velociraptors   

A map of the tour you're about to take

Rest assured that we've thought of everything. spared no expense. We have over 30 tour vehicles and over 10 balloons to secure you a ride everyday of your stay at jurassic park

It certainly will be a vacation to remember ...

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: 01-02-2012, 23:02:33 »
^^ What is the name of this game it has my intrest.
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: 01-02-2012, 23:02:18 »
It's called jurassic park : operation genesis .

If you decide to get it, you need to alter a few files to grab it's maximum potential, but the easiest way to do so is by downloading a mod that does it for you. you can download the best one here

http://modgenesis.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2807

you also need to download extra skins from modding genesis or the other JPOG mod website : jurassic park legacy  if you want your dinosaurs to look like the movie

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: 02-02-2012, 06:02:59 »
thank you i shall get right on this
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder