Author Topic: what's your favorite building/static in fh2.2?  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
As another topics here in General discusion (fav AT gun, fav map, fav weapon), just write your fav. building or static.
My:

NA: Fall of Tobruk: Churck and house complex between church and admirality houses
      Giarabub: Whole fortress and mosque
      Sidi Rezegh: Really cool HQ buliding
      Mareth line: African houses at Matmata
      Tunis: Prophets Gate, small bazaar near mosque.

Mediterrain: Sfakia: whole map is nice, monastery, open mill, bar, etc.
                 Crete: Chania, monastery

Normandy: Falaise pocket: Only one open mill in Normandy maps
               Lebisey: Very nice chateau
               Goodwood: Cagny is nice, also Cagny trainstation
               Totalize: Water mill, whole map is good.
               Pointe du hoc: Observation bunker, very enjoyable to defend/attack
               Purple HL: Orchard
« Last Edit: 22-12-2009, 21:12:52 by Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: what's your favorite building/static in fh2.2?
« Reply #1 on: 21-12-2009, 22:12:58 »
I've always liked this static:

(the opium pipe)  I especially like the one in the officer's planning tent.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-12-2009, 22:12:02 »
I've always liked this static:
(quted image removed)

(the opium pipe)  I especially like the one in the officer's planning tent.

hehe thats nice too, also very nice in Sfakia is chair manufactory.

Offline A-tree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-12-2009, 22:12:45 »
I don't think its an opium pipe. Its a shisha pipe i think, for smoking wet tobacco and what not. Its a popular social thing to do in middle eastern countries. I'm sure somebody must know a lot more about it than I, and probably give you more info, but I'm pretty sure its not for smoking opium.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-12-2009, 23:12:54 »
RE: Warrior and Tree: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

As for my favorite building...I like any multistory house where you can jump out the windows. 

Enemy:  "ACHTUNG! GRANATE!" ::throws grenade::
Me: ::sees grenade:: "Oh crap...  Geronimo!"  ::jumps out window as grenade explodes behind me in true Hollywood-fashion::   ;D

I also like all the interactive statics (destructible carts, move-able barrels, shoot-able tin cans, exploding fuel tank thingy, the bunker doors in Sidi Redzegh).  Also, random frickin camel!

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-12-2009, 00:12:20 »
The large HQ building in sidi rezegh, hands down.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-12-2009, 00:12:05 »
i Do like the flatbed railwagon, ofc with a 20mm flak and a 34 lafette and some sandbags and ammo<3

Biiviz

« Reply #7 on: 22-12-2009, 00:12:09 »
I don't think its an opium pipe. Its a shisha pipe i think, for smoking wet tobacco and what not. Its a popular social thing to do in middle eastern countries. I'm sure somebody must know a lot more about it than I, and probably give you more info, but I'm pretty sure its not for smoking opium.

Yeah, it's a Shisha/Hookah/Waterpipe. Got one of those in my closet.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-12-2009, 02:12:50 »
The German Headquarter's mansion in Lebisey. Perfect for some MP40 action.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-12-2009, 03:12:58 »
Improvised Sanbags Bunkers, they are teh sex!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-12-2009, 05:12:57 »
My favorite static gotta be Fall of Tobruk's Officer's building.

Love the complex architecture, especially the downstairs level in that FoT map. Because I like maps with uneven terrains that are in conjunction with statics like stairs and stuff like that building. It really shows the mapper's creativity and artistic impressions. This can be seen a lot in the most artistic maps of BF2 games and mods ever: Battle of Sfakia. I've tried, BF Pirates, EOD, PoE, Op Peacekeeper, PR... sure they offer loads of fun with their maps, but not as artistic as FH2 maps, especially this one Battle of Sfakia, where you battle through city, climb up hilly cities, on stair-walks.

What really impress me with FH2 maps is that, how they presented lush green Normandy theatre so nicely that it wouldn't look so generic compared to other game's similar "green environment" settings. Maybe i am biased or maybe like many others, are bored with yellow-brownish dessert maps. But I actually very impressed by how Normandy maps look in this mod that for the first time i was thinking that i'm playing a dedicated scenario-based FPS game (like CoD, MoH) instead of multiplayer game. It has far more than just commercial value, it has briliant artistic value. IMO, it's gotta because of the greenies statics. So my second winner for FH2 statics is the Normandy plantations for having the grazing land colour soooo right.

Anyway, worth commenting is that big building in Sidi Rezegh (the HQ). I think it doesn't impress me as much besides its relatively big size. The great underground bunker fights, the secret stairs/ladders, to be honest, it is replaceable by Fall of Tobruk's bunker fights too.

Giarabub, a very big town map inside a fortress. Yeah, i saw that picture, it is accurate, so it is awesome. However, i think this is the case where accuracy a bit sacrifices the fun. IMHO, just like the whole Mesra Matruh map. Although wonderfully realistic, it bring less fun compared to other maps. The opposite of this is Bardia (liked the building with underground floor next to Italian hospital).

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-12-2009, 09:12:39 »
Anyway, worth commenting is that big building in Sidi Rezegh (the HQ). I think it doesn't impress me as much besides its relatively big size. The great underground bunker fights, the secret stairs/ladders, to be honest, it is replaceable by Fall of Tobruk's bunker fights too.

Well sadly i played Sidi only one times (about 2 days ago on hslan), where is that tunnel which is shown on begining/on end.

Second thing, how many tunnels are in FoT? I think 3, but i am not sure.

And third thing, i totaly agree with ZooMotorpool, Fall of Tobruk and Sfakia building complex is very nice (i wrote it also on begining of this topic)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-12-2009, 09:12:56 »

Well sadly i played Sidi only one times (about 2 days ago on hslan), where is that tunnel which is shown on begining/on end.

Second thing, how many tunnels are in FoT? I think 3, but i am not sure.

The tunnel is under that big HQ building of Sidi Rezegh airfield. You have to find stairs/ladders to go down there.

About tunnels in FoT, i don't remember exactly. But there is one connecting the central city to the Mussolini square, and the one from Mussolini square to Tobruk church plaza. The other one i randomly enters and without realizing where it leads to.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-12-2009, 09:12:03 »
The Sidi Rezegh building, always that.

If it's FH1 my vote goes to pavlov's house.

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-12-2009, 18:12:35 »
The Sidi Rezegh building, always that.
Same for me. Sidi Rezegh HQ simply rocks.