Author Topic: CTD joining multiplayer only - Windows 7  (Read 574 times)

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
CTD joining multiplayer only - Windows 7
« on: 07-10-2011, 04:10:06 »
I cannot play online in windows 7 which I was just forced to upgrade to yesterday.  Single player works just fine.

This is the error I have gotten, other times I just CTD with no error.

I have already made sure Forgotten Hope2 has firewall access.
And manually added BF2's application to the list as well.

Anything else needs firewall access to play, or did I add the wrong application?

What about something in a profiles directory?   After wiping the computer and having windows 7 installed, I put bf2 + fh2 back into program files by dragging from a back up drive ... so is it possible I missed a crucial file for playing online?

Thanks,
~DR

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: CTD joining multiplayer only - Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: 07-10-2011, 08:10:36 »
Mornin Dago,

if think your last sentence nailed it. You just moved the folders without updating the registry and adding the needed folders under "users/documents/Battlfield 2" and "users/documents/Forgottenhp 2" (not the correct paths here!).

If I were you I'd reinstall both programs from their setups. (Don't forget to let them run in admin mode! And check this thread if further problems arise: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6599.0

Cheers

PS: You sound like a potential BF3 victim, being forced to upgrade to Win7 and all. ;D
« Last Edit: 07-10-2011, 08:10:01 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-10-2011, 18:10:39 »
Thanks, knew it was something like that once this all started but I figured there should be an easy fix... then that visual c++ error scared me.

I'll just reinstall BF2 and Fh2 all over again.

And no, no, no no BF3 for me!  This was purely a result of windows vista failing, and I had a guy here willing to professionally install windows 7 enterprise for me in trade for my digital music collection. So, I took the deal. ;)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-10-2011, 20:10:40 »
Hehe. Cheers! ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off