Author Topic: No health bar on tanks  (Read 3691 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: No health bar on tanks
« Reply #45 on: 09-12-2009, 15:12:00 »

4/ At 2-percent health, you have just enough time to bail since tank may explode at any time... It may last 5 secs or 5 minutes as at this point, it begins to lose health rapidly.... flame on tank shows this

Thats horrible.

I dont wanna see people bailing out tanks, your effort, your shots, your tactics, for nothing?

I say, keep this system.

Unless everyone don't bail tanks like me...I won't bail even when the tank must die...unless you make it unbailable when in critically damaged state.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: No health bar on tanks
« Reply #46 on: 09-12-2009, 18:12:18 »
It doesn't matter - The point is, by this time the tank is ready to cook-off, you can bail and fight with whatever tank commander kit you have (I'll recommend that be the only kit that allows tank healing at high health) - Or stay in and die like a true tanker

The idea is, at low damage, you can and should be able to repair damage (surface damge, You see the engineer kit showing an internal repair), at medium health, damage is permanent (say some mechanical damage) unless repaired from outside (health doesn't replenish) and at low health, the tank begins to take continual damage (internal fire) unless repaired from withn immediately, since you can't tell how long you've got....

At very low health, bleed is more rapid with external repair too slow to overcome bleed.. Would be nice to be able to drive with blackened vision outright at this point, showing 'out of control' damage i.e tank is functional but blind. At this point, either bail and live or keep fighting blind, more heroic considering the handicap, and die with the tank