Author Topic: Battlefield 1942 - Now Free  (Read 15996 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1942 - Now Free
« Reply #75 on: 06-11-2012, 21:11:59 »
Falls under other nice things  ;)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #76 on: 06-11-2012, 21:11:10 »
GO INSTALL AND TRY AND PLAY FHSW. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE

take a chill-pill and read above^ FH isnt working because the installer is checking for bf42 versions. We're working on it. Take a walk outside, dude.

Good news.   Be sure to start a thread on battlelog and link it here once you get this sorted.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 06-11-2012, 22:11:17 »
God, EA reallt needs to step up their service and star isuing admins on their servers, you woudnt belive the amount of griefers.

Any good european server to play in?

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 06-11-2012, 22:11:07 »
EA did not even admin their servers when bf1942 was released, so why would they do it now ? :P

That said there are horribly many tk'ers online that's for sure. i guess they come from Bf3 and don't know what FF is :P

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 06-11-2012, 22:11:22 »
at first I trough that, but when you see a guy shot park his tank in the middle of the airfield and star killing ALL the team.... yea no.

And yes I know, they rather save their money of an admin in more pulicity for more resent tittles. Still, you would *think* Official servers are a place to play the game and not worrie about griefers

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 06-11-2012, 22:11:14 »
how does one setup a server that will be used for origin players instead of retail?
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 06-11-2012, 23:11:48 »
I got NFS: The Run LE for Christmas present a
Cool story bro, just uninstall the disc version then get the digital one only. Of course you need to download the whole thing, no biggie.

And yes I know, they rather save their money of an admin in more pulicity for more resent tittles. Still, you would *think* Official servers are a place to play the game and not worrie about griefers

admins?................uh.. lol? wut? why would EA have "admins" on the servers? What do you think this is, some mod? Of course they don't have "admins", they never had that on any servers. Do you know what "dedicated" server even mean?  8)

You think EA would pay "admins" to run around on servers making sure people don't TK each other? wake up
btw; I lol'd  8)

how does one setup a server that will be used for origin players instead of retail?
run dedicated servers.exe

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 06-11-2012, 23:11:52 »

admins?................uh.. lol? wut? why would EA have "admins" on the servers? What do you think this is, some mod? Of course they don't have "admins", they never had that on any servers.

I know, but just because it always been shit doesnt mean you have to settle for shit  ;D

You think EA would pay "admins" to run around on servers making sure people don't TK each other? wake up
btw; I lol'd  8)

run around? you know what a console is? its ok, nobody is born knowing  :-*
« Last Edit: 06-11-2012, 23:11:05 by SiCaRiO »

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 07-11-2012, 03:11:20 »
Great, let's hope this will boost the player count of the long forgotten (but not quite dead yet) mods...

But I doubt it will without advertising... Most newer BF players don't even know what a mod is...
Original Forgotten Hope pun?

Speaking of original FH- I expect many battles with Finnish soldiers online in that mod now. Better be a population explosion, the game's free and the best of all time!

Although, it has you wonder. If they made the best BF free, what do they consider valuable?

Offline CossRooper

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 07-11-2012, 05:11:42 »
The quicker the better on that installer... keep us posted. People are really clamoring for it.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 07-11-2012, 07:11:26 »
ok, this is mildly embarrassing but

How do I download BF1942.

I already have origin installed.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 07-11-2012, 07:11:02 »
run around? you know what a console is? its ok, nobody is born knowing  :-*
true, but most people learn, except you it seems. Didnt you understand? "run around" is a figurative way of speaking, it doesnt mean literary "running", maybe we need to speak literary to you... 
EA dont have time or people to be "admins" on servers, lol.. just.. accept that you thought they sit and log in on servers and monitor peoples "behaviour" as if this was a Project reality server :D

you got it all wrong.  :-*

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/sv_SE/html/pbPage.demos-sv_SE

click the yellow download button :)
« Last Edit: 07-11-2012, 07:11:21 by Natty »

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 07-11-2012, 10:11:13 »
Our coders are working with trying to make a download for an installer which works with Origin version, give them some time and hopefully we can see a full FH1 server up soon  8)

Welp this pushed me over the edge to download, if we could get some FH1 servers going again that would be great.
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07-11-2012, 11:11:23 »
"like"?` ;D since when do software "like" things?
Didnt you understand? is a figurative way of speaking,

you got it all wrong.  :-*

;)

botton line, EA has shit servers with no control whatsoever and they cant even be bothered to install basic scripts like kicking for minus score or when a number of tks hapen. not surpising really.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 07-11-2012, 11:11:24 »
http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/sv_SE/html/pbPage.demos-sv_SE

click the yellow download button :)
Does not work. each time you post a link, it only takes you to the home page.
he needs to go to demo's and find bf1942 in the list and click it.