Author Topic: Replace Tiger II on "Seelow Heights" map by Tiger (I)  (Read 1029 times)

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
Tiger I looks far cooler and scares the russians far more, as it looks more "german".

Offline Sandre

• View Profile
Re: Replace Tiger II on "Seelow Heights" map by Tiger (I)
« Reply #1 on: 07-01-2016, 20:01:36 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-01-2016, 20:01:27 »
Oh look, DanielNL, what a pleasure having you around.

No, it wont be replaced.

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-01-2016, 21:01:55 »
No, it wont be replaced.
Then I hope the turret turning sound of Tiger II is at least as awesome as Tiger I turret turning sound...

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-01-2016, 05:01:27 »
Tiger II had a hydraulically powered turret, which means it will have a much faster turn rate than the Tiger 1's turret.

Powered turret traverse was provided by the variable speed Boehringer-Sturm L4S hydraulic motor, which was driven from the main engine by a secondary drive shaft. A high and a low speed setting was available to the gunner via a lever on his right.[19] The turret could be rotated 360 degrees in 60 seconds in low gear independent of engine rpm, in 19 seconds in high gear at idle engine speed, and within 10 seconds at the maximum allowable engine speed. The direction and speed of traverse were controlled by the gunner through pedals, or a control lever near his left arm.[19] The system was smooth and accurate enough to be used for final gun laying without the gunner needing to use his traverse hand wheel for fine adjustments — which was needed by most other tanks of the period. If power was lost, the turret could be slowly traversed by hand, assisted by the loader who had an additional wheel.[19][20]

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #5 on: 09-01-2016, 17:01:54 »
Tiger I looks far cooler and scares the russians far more, as it looks more "german".

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-01-2016, 19:01:29 »
Tiger II had a hydraulically powered turret, which means it will have a much faster turn rate than the Tiger 1's turret.

Powered turret traverse was provided by the variable speed Boehringer-Sturm L4S hydraulic motor, which was driven from the main engine by a secondary drive shaft. A high and a low speed setting was available to the gunner via a lever on his right.[19] The turret could be rotated 360 degrees in 60 seconds in low gear independent of engine rpm, in 19 seconds in high gear at idle engine speed, and within 10 seconds at the maximum allowable engine speed. The direction and speed of traverse were controlled by the gunner through pedals, or a control lever near his left arm.[19] The system was smooth and accurate enough to be used for final gun laying without the gunner needing to use his traverse hand wheel for fine adjustments — which was needed by most other tanks of the period. If power was lost, the turret could be slowly traversed by hand, assisted by the loader who had an additional wheel.[19][20]

Wooow!! GREAT find! :D LOL 180° in 5 sec. (at max) ? :D That speed would kill a soldier just by hitting him (with front of barrel). Also wonder how long 90° turn would take by hand (manually, if hydraulic power lost)... (and if slower turn rate could be modelled in FH2 when Tiger II turret damaged? :) Would be sweet thing for next release!!)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #7 on: 11-01-2016, 20:01:10 »

Wooow!! GREAT find! :D LOL 180° in 5 sec. (at max) ? :D That speed would kill a soldier just by hitting him (with front of barrel).

Junge aus welcher Anstalt kommst du und wie bist du da ausgebrochen? Alter...
(sorry for German).
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I