Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179833 times)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #630 on: 15-07-2010, 14:07:40 »
Predator

5 out of 5. Only got to see half but I love the b-movie action, really good for a late night movie. DUAL MP5! But most of the points are for the awesome Predator and the famous 'GET TO DA CHOPPAH' line.

dont get me started....

ahhahahahah too late... my fav predator lines have to be.

"come on out you fuckers old painless is waiting" -

"I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun" -

"The only way outta here is that valley that leads to the east. But I wouldn't wish that on a broke-dick dog. "

"You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

"Look Blain, you caught yourself a real pig"

had to search for this one it's epic
"Here we are again bro... Just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember... Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch. You know who ever got you. They'll come back again. And when he does I'm gonna cut your name right into him... I'M GONNA CUT YOUR NAME RIGHT INTO HIM! "
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 15-07-2010, 14:07:47 »
I hear ya!
For me, its a Live Free of Die Hard, perfect third part to the franchise... Toy Story 3... great movie...
9/10

Even though Live Free or Die Hard was highly enjoyable I think you mean Die Hard With Vengeance, the 3rd part in the series.  ;)

Been wathcing a lot of TV shows lately but manage to squeeze in a movie every once and a while. These are a couple of recent viewings:

LEGION:
Skip it. Paul Bettany makes for a fine avenging angel and it's off to a good start, but halfway through you realize that the director simply doesn't know what he's doing. It's like he hasn't seen any horror/supernatural thriller since the 80's.

ARMORED:
Kinda liked this one. It's about a group of guys who drive armored money trucks and decide they're gonna get theirs. Of course nothing goes as planned. A real bloke-movie: there's maybe only one woman in it and the rest is filled with tough guys, led by Matt Dillon. It's far from perfect, but it's one of those movies you just like. Small cast and few locations, it could almost be a stageplay.  :-)

44 INCH CHEST:
Weird one, this, but again worth checking out. It's from the guys who wrote Sexy Beast and it's about a London gangster who finds out his wife had an affair and decides to vent his anger on the guy she's had the affair with. Again, almost a stageplay with basically one location and a group of fine actors, led by Ray Winstone. It's not hip and cool or anything like Snatch or Layer Cake, more weird and gritty. Nice to see Winstone playing the lead for once. Always strikes an imposing figure.

And big up to Winter in Wartime (that's the official english title): one of the few dutch movies that was actually plain good. Really liked it.
And Predator 2 too. It got a harsh reception back then, because it wasn't like an Arnie-predator but casting Danny Glover instead of a bulky man-mass like Arnie was a smart move. Okay, it's simply not as good as the original but as far as sequels go Predator 2 is just really cool with lots of thing to love about it. It's got great actors (Glover, Gary Busey, Bill Paxton, etc.), the setting of near-future LA-gone-to-shits is quite original for a sci-fi movie and it's got a great expanding storyline/plot.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 15-07-2010, 17:07:33 »
Loads of Predator goodness

"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me. "

"I ain't got time to bleed."

and

"Come on... Come on! Do it! Do it! Come on. Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! I'm here! Kill me! Come on! Kill me! I'm here! Come on! Do it now! Kill me! "

Are great quotes too.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 15-07-2010, 18:07:49 »

"I ain't got time to bleed."

My governor!

Offline Arc9

• nmlforums.low-ping.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 15-07-2010, 22:07:31 »
Avatar-Overrated, shitty story, apparently retarded characters, weird cat people. Only plus side was the effects.
Derp

Offline UnknownSoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 16-07-2010, 11:07:04 »
if it bleeds we can kill it
Incoming fire has the right of way.

— Old artilleryman's maxim +++

A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.

— Tactica Imperium passages +++

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 17-07-2010, 19:07:41 »
INCEPTION: 9.5 outta 10
I gotta say Nolan did one hell of a job on this one and it's right up there with the Dark Knight for me. Of course everyone's gonna love it for the effects' ability to fold cities in half and depict one of the most original fight sceens since the Matrix. But it's alot more than that.
Completely original storyline and screenplay with a concept never really explored at this level before. Highly complex storyline that keeps you engaged and thinking throughout the entire movie (which is extremly rare for many summer blockbusters out there) tied in with some good philosophical questions. It also happens to be one hell of an emotional rollercoaster as well. DiCaprio gives another great performance (I'm a little biased saying that considering I've liked just about everything he's done after Titanic... Blood Diamond/ The Departed/ Shutter Island) and believe it or not Juno played quite a convincing architect. Not to mention the ending is done very nicely ;)

Overall I would say to that it's a no brainer to see this movie... one of the bet I've seen in a while.

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 17-07-2010, 21:07:03 »
The Deer Hunter 8/10.

Was expecting more Vietnam. Good movie anyways.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 18-07-2010, 01:07:28 »
Predators.
Haven´t seen the original movie, so I didn´t knew what to expect. The whole movie was "meh", with many questions unanswered and weird stuff going on. Wasn´t quite my cup of tea, but I liked the Russian guy with the mini-gun, since he reminded me of The Heavy (I just waited for him to start shouting "Cryyy some more!" :D). Except for that it was a shallow movie about people fighting Aliens. The plot wasn´t really needed and useless. If you´re a fan of the original movie or if you just enjoy seeing people fighting Aliens you´ll like it, but for me it was just "meh"...
5/10
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 18-07-2010, 03:07:27 »
Predators.
Haven´t seen the original movie, so I didn´t knew what to expect. The whole movie was "meh", with many questions unanswered and weird stuff going on. Wasn´t quite my cup of tea, but I liked the Russian guy with the mini-gun, since he reminded me of The Heavy (I just waited for him to start shouting "Cryyy some more!" :D). Except for that it was a shallow movie about people fighting Aliens. The plot wasn´t really needed and useless. If you´re a fan of the original movie or if you just enjoy seeing people fighting Aliens you´ll like it, but for me it was just "meh"...
5/10

The minigun guy is a rip off of the original where some black dude reaks havok on the forest after the predator (theres only 1) kills his friend.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 18-07-2010, 03:07:35 »

2/5

So bad... awful dialogue and writing, kinda boring, thrown together, bad idea making a short movie based on a huge tv show.  I was so bored, so was my date eventually she just ended up voicing her own lines over the movie.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #641 on: 18-07-2010, 03:07:30 »

2/5

So bad... awful dialogue and writing, kinda boring, thrown together, bad idea making a short movie based on a huge tv show.  I was so bored, so was my date eventually she just ended up voicing her own lines over the movie.

When, instead of wiping out the entire fire nation fleet, Aang just let the water subside, I turned to my mom and said; "That's when their budget ended!"

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 18-07-2010, 11:07:24 »
The minigun guy is a rip off of the original where some black dude reaks havok on the forest after the predator (theres only 1) kills his friend.

Since it's a Predator movie, some people will call it a hommage.  ;)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #643 on: 19-07-2010, 04:07:16 »
So weit die Füße tragen (2001)

10/10  -A great film, though I can't vouch for its historical accuracy, its story and presentation is impeccable.  I highly recommend it to anybody.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 20-07-2010, 08:07:21 »
Rec 2

As good as the original, 5/5. Still had me shitting my pants