Author Topic: New Zealand tune  (Read 1569 times)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
New Zealand tune
« on: 26-02-2010, 22:02:13 »
for use in Olympus, a tune similar to waltzing matilda or lili marlene - Maori Battalion

http://folksong.org.nz/maori_battalion/maori_batt_singing.mp3
http://folksong.org.nz/maori_battalion/index.html

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand tune
« Reply #1 on: 27-02-2010, 04:02:29 »
as a New Zealander I approve this as this was where the 28th had their first action.
http://www.28maoribattalion.org.nz/story-of-the-28th/greece-and-crete
+1 imaginary rep for great suggestion.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-02-2010, 20:02:50 »
That is a very catchy song, I approve!

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-02-2010, 21:02:00 »
as a New Zealander I approve this as this was where the 28th had their first action.
http://www.28maoribattalion.org.nz/story-of-the-28th/greece-and-crete
+1 imaginary rep for great suggestion.
Thanks, perphaps you know how to get the full version?. On that site it's only 1 min, and I figure if it's gonna be the loading song it's gotta be longer. Also maybe you or someone you know could help them out with NZ voiced radio commands unless you are fine with australian  ;D

Offline LtJimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-03-2010, 03:03:37 »
Thanks, perphaps you know how to get the full version?. On that site it's only 1 min, and I figure if it's gonna be the loading song it's gotta be longer. Also maybe you or someone you know could help them out with NZ voiced radio commands unless you are fine with australian  ;D
While I would be able to find the full Maori Battalion song, It's really up to the devs for the latter point (would be cool though).

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-03-2010, 15:03:29 »
I have a feeling it's not one of their priorities  ;)

Offline Kyrhawt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-03-2010, 07:03:59 »
Maori Battalion march to victory!!!

Like the post before mine I doubt the dev's would consider this a priority seeing as the LRDG who were New Zealanders are portrayed as Poms/Aussies.

A few mates of mine from Natcoll and one of Apirana Ngata's (The Maori PM who pushed for the formation of the Maori Battalion) Great Nephews who works at WETA in Miramar are lol creating a map that actually has the Maori and Pakeha units. Just something for us to mess around with in the office during grave yard shifts.

Last time I suggested adding the Maori Battalion and a few other notable divisions like the 442nd Asian Division and most decorated in American History here the page was taken down...  :'( but not before comments like "I don't wanna play as no Jap." were made.

So I am curious to see what the guys who worked on Lord of the Rings, Avatar, and District 9 can come up with. I'd be happy being able to Patu/Taiha someone lol.

All in all I like your idea.
« Last Edit: 03-03-2010, 08:03:25 by Kyrhawt »

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-03-2010, 10:03:30 »
and this is for FH2? wow.

Offline Herc

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-03-2010, 11:03:49 »
Kyrhawt
A few mates of mine from Natcoll and one of Apirana Ngata's (The Maori PM who pushed for the formation of the Maori Battalion) Great Nephews who works at WETA in Miramar are lol creating a map that actually has the Maori and Pakeha units. Just something for us to mess around with in the office during grave yard shifts.

You work at Weta Kyrhawt? I know many people who work there and also people friends who Studied at Natcol in Welly. Small world ay  ;)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #9 on: 03-03-2010, 14:03:48 »
Like the post before mine I doubt the dev's would consider this a priority seeing as the LRDG who were New Zealanders are portrayed as Poms/Aussies.
We've been trying to get NZ on Hyacinth since they appeared on Olympus, but it keeps getting overlooked by the devs because they have bigger fish to fry.  Maybe one day...

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-03-2010, 21:03:24 »
If they do get voices I guess it would make more sense to change

Offline LtJimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-03-2010, 01:03:21 »
Kyrhawt

You work at Weta Kyrhawt? I know many people who work there and also people friends who Studied at Natcol in Welly. Small world ay  ;)

I work in the Massey University Military History Department, but that doesn't matter because from what I can tell, dev team for the most part ignores the suggestion given in these forums.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-03-2010, 01:03:45 »
Kyrhawt

You work at Weta Kyrhawt? I know many people who work there and also people friends who Studied at Natcol in Welly. Small world ay  ;)

I work in the Massey University Military History Department, but that doesn't matter because from what I can tell, dev team for the most part ignores the suggestion given in these forums.
Because most of the suggestions are a) impossible, b) obvious or c) just plain silly. ::)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Kyrhawt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-03-2010, 00:03:10 »
"You work at Weta Kyrhawt? I know many people who work there and also people friends who Studied at Natcol in Welly. Small world ay"

Nah, I don't work at WETA. A friend of a friend does lol. I don't think I could cut it working with WETA... you got to be that special sort.