Poll

Remove or keep crossed flag rule on 762 servers?

Remove
55 (76.4%)
Keep
17 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: 06-08-2012, 21:08:45

Author Topic: Rule against attacking crossed flags on 762 Servers / Ban of sheikyerbouti  (Read 13074 times)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Hello, I would like to draw your attention to this thread in our forums.

http://www.762-ranking.de/forum/showthread.php?439-Crossed-out-flags-rule-Remove

Text is as follows. Feel free to log in and discuss / vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I had to kick sheikyerbouti because he complained about the "bullshit" rules of our servers. He asked why and when I explained to him on VOIP why I kicked him, his basic reply was "bullshit" again. He implied that I would "dream them up at will" mostly just to annoy players, then he left the squad without giving me a chance to explain. That behaviour (openly ignoring server rules) was the reason for his ban, which I am willing to discuss. Nadjer complained at the same time, it was noted, but he did it in a manner that did not even call for a kick.

This behaviour is what I mostly get when I am enforcing a server rule and quite normal, so I will not complain. I would just like to make this clear:

We introduced the rule against attacking crossed out flags on 762 after SEVERAL requests by players and admins of 762 (on a personal note it was NOT my idea) to achieve 2 things:

A) reduce spawnraping for score.
B) make the maps play out as intended by the Devs.
(by gently forcing players onto the paths of the flag succession devised by the Developers).

Seen as now, the rule seems to cause more problems than it solves.

- Players and sometimes even admins don't get when flags switch because they don't check the map.
- Admins are confused because they do not know when exactly to kick for attacking uncaps - which always has to be a matter of personal decision.

That is why I open this poll and discussion thread about the removal of the crossed flag rule. My own vote would be to remove it, that is why I write here. As I see it, the 2.45 push mode makes it superfluous in most cases. The removal might get us more "spawnkills". But it will definitely open up the maps tactically. I am keen to hear your opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good night, everyone!
x4fun I<ODIUM>I
« Last Edit: 29-07-2012, 05:07:15 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
only issue I have had on 762 server was me escaping the main allied base on brest, and hiding out as S.L.  in a blown up building just past gardens. I was repeatedly warned about attacking xmarked flags.  I also repeatedly announced via  chat that I was not attacking but merely making a new spawn for my squadmates.    I was not kicked  :)

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
I'm for removing it.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
remove.
Why: no more sneaking behind, which is a lot of fun in fH2. / But I can undestand the idea behind it - I just personally dont like it.

and about ABC line cause I read it again:
ABC= no go area, not "dont fire in area" and there is auto bleed inside this area for enemy team, so there is no need that an admin takes care of that.
ABC line is so drawn that you cant move to a position where you could rape the mainbase, nothing else. Its not ment to protect you all the way.
The constant crying "oh he killed me in abc zone" is simply annyoing and wrong. I must be removed.

so and now motorway home yeah :D 

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
Remove .... some admins and they pets  don't care about rules anyway . Specially on Sidi Bouzi , where some bastard was still shooting  in to the US Army main base spawn from 88 . 

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile
remove.
Why: no more sneaking behind, which is a lot of fun in fH2. / But I can undestand the idea behind it - I just personally dont like it.

ABC= no go area, not "dont fire in area" and there is auto bleed inside this area for enemy team, so there is no need that an admin takes care of that.
ABC line is so drawn that you cant move to a position where you could rape the mainbase, nothing else. Its not ment to protect you all the way.
The constant crying "oh he killed me in abc zone" is simply annyoing and wrong. I must be removed.

Question to you IrishReloaded,

do you like to be killed if you are in your mainbase if you are jumping into a plane or a tank, or something else?

A little story to this:

long time ago, some of my clanmates and i joined an BF2 Vanilla server, it was called someting with "no rules". It was on Cubra Dam. 1. round, we are US, we try to get our jets, tanks and helicopters into the fight. But on the MEC team the player are bombing into our uncap an destroyed everything and anyone.

Players complained about the situation and a lot of players left our team and the round ended after a few minutes.

to be continued...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
A little story to this:

long time ago, some of my clanmates and i joined an BF2 Vanilla server, it was called someting with "no rules". It was on Cubra Dam. 1. round, we are US, we try to get our jets, tanks and helicopters into the fight. But on the MEC team the player are bombing into our uncap an destroyed everything and anyone.

Players complained about the situation and a lot of players left our team and the round ended after a few minutes.

to be continued...
That story is completely irrelevant. vBF2 does not have ABC lines, unlike FH2.

Otherwise, I'm too biased to comment anything on this thread  :-*

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
remove.

Agree with the red part :D

Anyways i'm for this rule to stay. In ideal situation it forces people to actually retreat from crossed flag, instead of fighting there till dead.
Another reason is, that crossed flags should be something like "secured" territory. Without random bazooka people annoying tankerss, engies and scouts lying mines, or spawncampers there

"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
By any means ajappat, share it. That is why I asked.

[...]
[...]

Irish: If you cannot shoot into the spawns when you stand outside ABCs: please think of a Tiger standing on the ABC of the Canadian base (western half of it) on Totalize. Can he hit players just getting into the M10 or the Churchill? I'd say so. We wanted the people at least to have a chance of getting in their vehicles before being shot. :)

But mainly this thread is about the crossed out flags that switch.
« Last Edit: 29-07-2012, 09:07:59 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Remove this shiz, its just plain wrong.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Well, out of my experience on hslan, allowing attacking on crossed flags, has no negative impact on gameplay. Sometimes some people might attack uncap flags, yes, but that basically just makes it easier for defending side, as some of attackers are wasting their time at uncap.

About spawn rape, I have never even warned anyone about spawnrape on uncap flag. I'm not saying it could not happen, but it's rare and relatively small problem, because afterall it is uncap and defending side won't probably spawn there because they have no need to defend it. On top of that, every flag has several spawn points, so chances are, that if you get killed on one, you likely just spawn on other point and go kill that camper.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Well, that wasn't so bad, ajappat ;)
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
IIRC, crossed flags are designed so that gameplay reflects the actual battle as it happened in the real world.

That doesn't mean gamers can't improvise, right? It is what all Battlefield-based games supposed to do: sandbox environment for us to be creative enough, have some fun, and devise a good strategy.

Rules like these are what Call of Duty games is all about. Some guys just stand there and not moving until you move across a market stall or some shitpile the game designer use as an event trigger. Plain stupid and campy. I'd rather watch an FPS movie instead.

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile
@ ajappat

my story isnt about the ABC line, its about killing player in their mainbase. You can kill player in their base if the layout allows for it. And if there are planes it is no problem too.

to complete the story,

the next round we are again US but now we got some backup from our whole clan, now we did the same with MEC, no plane and helicopter could start. Then our whole clan was kicked from the admin. Because of killing them in their mainbase.

But now back to topic like Odium said, its a thread about crossed out flags

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
@ ajappat

my story isnt about the ABC line, its about killing player in their mainbase. You can kill player in their base if the layout allows for it. And if there are planes it is no problem too.

to complete the story,

the next round we are again US but now we got some backup from our whole clan, now we did the same with MEC, no plane and helicopter could start. Then our whole clan was kicked from the admin. Because of killing them in their mainbase.

But now back to topic like Odium said, its a thread about crossed out flags
Really? Tell a story parted in 2 posts and then tell people to get back on topic.  ::)

That is still completely irrelevant to FH2.