Author Topic: In Napoleon's Footsteps - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Coming at 1800 UTC.

In Napoleon's Footsteps

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
Re: In Napoleon's Footsteps - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #1 on: 04-03-2018, 13:03:26 »
Obviously Studenka  ;D
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-03-2018, 15:03:58 »
 i missed the LIVE broadcast.

When will it be uploaded to the Youtube channel?

:-*

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-03-2018, 15:03:44 »

TS made a devblog on studenka on his YT channel.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-03-2018, 16:03:45 »

And you can stil watch it on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/232717683?t=07s

Actual stream starts at 10:38 (before that there is a waiting screen and some sound issues).

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-03-2018, 19:03:08 »
It seems like Ts4ever is making all the maps for the mod now! Looks nice and humid, I like the swampy look.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-03-2018, 19:03:43 »
The EF map list is filling up nicely 8)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-03-2018, 19:03:49 »
Pretty map! Just managed to catch up with the stream, I love the the kind of "spit and polish" you are putting in the new patch!

Thank you for your work, cheers to another 10 years of FH2!  ;D
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-03-2018, 10:03:12 »
The more I look at the newer maps that are coming out, the less polished the older (mostly African) maps look to me. Am I imagining this?

I don't mean gameplay wise. It's more about the general look of the map. Perhaps it also has to do with the fact that there's only really desert out there and not much you can do on them (Sidi Bou Zid looks great, but that one has actual vegetation). Maybe it also has to do with the fact that some of the newer maps lack those exaggerated terrain features (huge hills like on Supercharge or El Alamein).

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-03-2018, 11:03:59 »
Looks like fun map. Glad to see Wespe on the vehicle list... hopeing one of the Blitz is an ammunition carrier ;)

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-03-2018, 16:03:54 »
Great looking map!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-03-2018, 17:03:11 »
The more I look at the newer maps that are coming out, the less polished the older (mostly African) maps look to me. Am I imagining this?

I don't mean gameplay wise. It's more about the general look of the map. Perhaps it also has to do with the fact that there's only really desert out there and not much you can do on them (Sidi Bou Zid looks great, but that one has actual vegetation). Maybe it also has to do with the fact that some of the newer maps lack those exaggerated terrain features (huge hills like on Supercharge or El Alamein).

You're not- what you're seeing is the general artistic improvement of FH2's mappers over the years.  Experience counts a lot. ;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-03-2018, 20:03:27 »

No, not imagining things, later maps are better usually. I disagree on the desert looking boring though: maps like Sidi Rezegh (an airfield littered with you-name-it-we-have-it plus hangars and the best building in the mod), Mareth Line (trees, trenches, bunkers and hills) and Alam Halfa (craters, barriers, supplied outposts) are all interesting looking maps imo.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-03-2018, 21:03:52 »
plus many of the later statics/ weapons for Normandy and other theaters are better optimized. Lots of things were learned about the engine as the years went on.

also Normandy lends itself to more 1:1 scale maps which always tend to look more realistic in scale imo. no big hills/ strong points a few meters apart from one another.

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06-03-2018, 12:03:57 »
this map was made for schwimmwagen  ;D
nice map, good job
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.