Author Topic: 64+ Opinions  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: 64+ Opinions
« Reply #30 on: 08-11-2012, 17:11:36 »
our design dont rely on players typing, so we dont need it.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08-11-2012, 19:11:43 »
What on earth does that mean? Players don't really need to type? How could anyone possibly believe that?
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09-11-2012, 01:11:44 »
our design dont rely on players typing, so we dont need it.

Oh man, please tell me - a player who is communicating alot via chat - that players don't need the text chat. How about the use of it for admining the server? There is nothing wrong about the text chat, so better don't touch it. The admins on the 128 player server are bussy as hell to keep the things going and watching players, since alot of the newcomers don't have a clue what they can do and what not.

Yesterday we had a freak on the server typing "Wollt ihr den totalen ..."/"Do you want the total ..." and telling stange things via VOIP. We as a admin team don't want to have such players on the server, so please think about such ideas twice before removing the text chat or even taking it into consideration.

Despite this, it feels more like a community if people get on the server and say "Hi all" or "Good evening" and talk to each other instead of sitting totaly calm infront of their PC like a wax figure. The chat gives those players a personality. Not every player as a headset and a mic, not every player is able to use VOIP btw. FH2 needs the text chat ... that's a fact. Otherwise people wouldn't use it.

Sometimes I wish, you would actually join the server and see what's going on, dear Natty.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09-11-2012, 06:11:21 »
This locked chat needs testing.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09-11-2012, 08:11:54 »
What on earth does that mean? Players don't really need to type? How could anyone possibly believe that?

? not what I said. I say we, don't need typing players for our game (mod) to work. Our mod works just fine even if people don't type stuff to each other. And in 128p server the chat drowns in seconds anyway, the only thing the chat becomes is a spammy rolling list of words. It would be better for the 128p server to disable the chat. But it could keep the squad-chat. Since by removing the team. and all chat, the squd chat words would last longer on the screen, and therefor work.
Also with VoIP and TS servers you get a nicer game than typing stuff
also, we want players to move and shoot, not type.

So all of this combined would lead to more people engaged in playing = better experience.
That's what I meant. 8)
« Last Edit: 09-11-2012, 08:11:34 by Natty »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09-11-2012, 08:11:18 »
^ remove chat => enable Mumble... I want to be able to somehow communicate with people from the other squads without being a NCO (it's a flaw that's already in the game, and with disabling the all/team chat it would only get worse...)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #36 on: 10-11-2012, 03:11:32 »
^ remove chat => enable Mumble... I want to be able to somehow communicate with people from the other squads without being a NCO (it's a flaw that's already in the game, and with disabling the all/team chat it would only get worse...)

If Fh2 sucked a little less I would be so down with integrated mumble only.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-11-2012, 16:11:25 »

If Fh2 sucked a little less I would be so down with integrated mumble only.

mumble would be amazing!
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End