Author Topic: No Such Host is Known error while in game launcher; can't authenticate or regist  (Read 398 times)

Offline tanker11

• View Profile
Trying to use the latest launcher for fh2 even after a repair...
Get the error 'An error occurred while verifying 'usernamexxx' GameSpy account: No such host is known.
Even though I can repair, get updates, and seed out the updates I can't create a new account or register my account that worked 2 days ago. 
I'm looking for help on how to resolve this; thank you.
I tried logging on with a local/singleplayer profile with the immediate server link and was kicked from 762 stating was banned for TK'ing or a team vote (generic error).  Thought I could get help there as well, but no.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
I had problem with logging in yesterday, it took ages to connect and then made my game crash to desktop on startup, so it seems to be a master server issue, though in my case it fixed itself and works fine today. Maybe just try logging in again later? Some people experience problems after Windows update. To quote one of the devs from our Discord:
Quote from:  [FH2
Ts4EVERToday at 17:49

a similar problem for me was caused by an interaction between a windows update and my virus software
try to disable your virus software and try again

Offline tanker11

• View Profile
Turns out it was one of the authentication servers's DNS not resolving on my end.
I tested the connection out thanks to some help in Discord:
bfewaw.com  29900  is what you'll need to connect to as of today.
Switched my dns to google over local ISP (charter spectrum)