Author Topic: Maps (Aberdeen, Goodwood, ...) crash in Singleplayer  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
Re: Maps (Aberdeen, Goodwood, ...) crash in Singleplayer
« Reply #15 on: 13-09-2009, 23:09:15 »
i also have this problem with singleplayer COOP, i only noticed the other maps like el alamein etc donot have this problem...i hope with the next update/patch that singleplayer etc gets fixed :)
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13-09-2009, 23:09:47 »
Most helpful thing would be to play sp in windowed mode, when you get a ctd make a note of the error message & report.
We know of the Bren, Sherman & deployable Vickers slipping thru the net & these now have templates on them.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19-09-2009, 11:09:05 »
Yep... every other map works fine except Hyacinth, Goodwood, Luettich (except the 16 version), and Aberdeen.

The bots in Mesra Matruh as djinn said, still crashes their Stuka deliberately. However, in Alamein, they worked just fine.

Big thank you for the effort winterhilf and the SP team! Noticed that they now pop smokes to stop us from firing MG/guns at them. Way smarter than before!

Offline Frysian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-10-2009, 14:10:24 »
My personal experience (Dedicated Coop Server)

Goodwood 64 (is only 64?) worked quite good, aslong you don't use the sherman.. Played it for 20+ minutes without crashing. It crashed after a player jumped into the sherman...

Operation Luttich 64 works ok.. crashes sometimes on 64. Works fine on 16

Invasion of Crete Crashes on 64.. works fine on 16, didn't test 32

Tunis 64 (Sometimes crahes when using Stationary MG42/34) Bots intend to try to capture an not capturable flag, and intend to camp on last flag at the end.

Operation Supercharge 64 Crashes sometimes... worked perfectly in previous release tough?

Operation Hyacinth 64 played as british.. worked fine! (tested 1 full round) played as italian.. crashed at random.

Maps that work fine (till now)

Siege of Giarabub 64
El Alamein 64
Siege of Tobruk 64 (tough german bots are a bit boring as attackers)
Operation Aberdeen 64 no probleems seen (as british) Bots on german side
Mersa Matruh 64
The Battle for Sfakia 64
Point du huc 64
Purple Heart Lane 64

Bots have come a long way since the last update, my compliments! Also they have become master in throwing grenades :P
« Last Edit: 17-10-2009, 14:10:14 by Frysian »

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15-11-2009, 12:11:23 »
I've been having the same problem with CTDs and bots in the maps >.<

which is a reall bugger

I've had it on most of the ones you've had - the ones i've played anyway

Also have had CTDs on Purple Hart Lane >.<

I hope they fix it in the next patch

and like you said the bots are incredible good now

It's really good fun

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15-11-2009, 17:11:09 »
What PHL? What are the cause?

IMO, it is one of the most stable SP maps after Siege of Tobruk and Mesra Matruh.

Offline Joni

• View Profile
Re: Operation Goodwood Singleplayer crashes
« Reply #21 on: 13-12-2009, 13:12:08 »
everytime i try to enter to the Sherman the game crashes  >:(
That happens to me too

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-01-2010, 02:01:47 »
Is this about FH2?

Because when I try to play ANY map in singleplayer it will crash after a few minutes or during loading.

Please make this work! It even crashes when starting a conquest map or your own server. I can only play online without crashing.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-01-2010, 04:01:25 »
Is this about FH2?

Because when I try to play ANY map in singleplayer it will crash after a few minutes or during loading.

Please make this work! It even crashes when starting a conquest map or your own server. I can only play online without crashing.

Supercharge, Goodwood, Aberdeen, and Hyacinth all CTD. The rest are ok provided you don't use the deployable Vickers (causes CTD on all maps).

If you CTD on all SP maps, you are either trying to run too many bots or there is a problem with your install.

I'd say it's your install due to it crashing during loading.

You'll find more info in the Singleplayer section (it's hiding in the Feedback section ::)) here: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=63.0

Offline 9.Pz-Div. Günther

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03-01-2010, 17:01:01 »
Thanks man I'll check it out.

Offline Harlock

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-01-2010, 12:01:50 »
I was playing invasion of Crete (64) with 32 bots and the first round went smooth, but the second round crashed my pc after about 5 minutes with weird artifacts and i had to reboot. Also, some of the german paratroopers landed and couldn't get rid of their parachute. After i shot them, the parachute remained visible throughout the round. Furthermore, at the spawnpoint next to the church you can go to the first floor where you find some kits like the sniper rifle. During the first round they were there, but not in the second round, where only the anti tank rifle spawned.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-01-2010, 06:01:11 »
...Also, some of the german paratroopers landed and couldn't get rid of their parachute. After i shot them, the parachute remained visible throughout the round.
Yeah, I've seen that a couple of times, not sure what causes it.

Does Crete always crash on you in the second round?

Offline Harlock

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-01-2010, 10:01:53 »
To be honest i only had time to play about 5 rounds, two of which on Crete (which is a beautiful, beautiful map btw). I don't remember the other two maps i played (also with 32 bots), but they worked fine. All in all i played about one and a half hours, after which the lockup happened, and i'm pretty sure it has not to do with my pc, although it's an ancient P4 3.2GHz, 2GB Ram, ATi x1950pro 512MB, Win XP 32. I have all drivers and everything up to date.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-01-2010, 11:01:24 »
FH can be fairly demanding on your PC and it gets alot worse when you throw a bunch of bots at it, so even maps that don't have CTD problems will tend to crash after awhile...e.g. I played a dozen rounds (about an hour and half) straight last night, then it CTD on me.

More SP info here: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=63.0