Author Topic: Connecting to server problems?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
Connecting to server problems?
« on: 06-06-2009, 01:06:53 »
I've got a problem which ain't huge but when it happens, it's annoying.

This has happened for me few times. I load a server, when selecting kit/spawnpoint, it just says problems with your connection and disconnects and won't let me try to load again. I've tried to join other servers just after this happened and I can join but the server where I want is still having that problem with me.

Any suggestions? I've tried restarting my pc and running pbsetup at the same time.
CMP Gaming

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
Re: Connecting to server problems?
« Reply #1 on: 10-06-2009, 00:06:36 »
Anybody?
CMP Gaming

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-06-2009, 05:06:27 »
I think we need more information.  What OS do you use?  What version of BF2 and FH2 do you have?  Is your firewall blocking something it shouldn't be?  Are you getting any kind of message when it disconnects?  Maybe what server you tried to join?  More information would be helpful.

My gut feeling is that it either has something to do with Vista, PunkBuster or a firewall.  But post some more info and we'll try to help.

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #3 on: 11-06-2009, 23:06:05 »
I'm using vista 32bit, BF2 with patch 1.41 and FH2 2.15. Firewall ain't bloking anything, all other servers work fine. When it disconnects, it just say "Your connection to the server is lost" or something similar.

Punkbuster has never been a problem for me.

And the best, I see the time when I'm on the server, most recent chat what people are discussing something.
CMP Gaming

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-06-2009, 00:06:52 »
Which server is it?  If it's only one server giving you trouble, you might be banned from it.  Or it might auto kick for high ping or something.  Where do you live and what server are you trying to enter?

Also, are you running it as an administrator with Vista?  You have to do that, because PunkBuster checks deep within your computer for the stuff it looks for, and Vista doesn't like that if you aren't running as an admin.

Another thing is the server might be running a map you don't have, but I don't know if you would be able to get in as far as you say you can get in, if that's the case.

The 16 maps included in a standard FH 2.15 installation are: Bardia, Invasion of Crete, Sidi Rezegh, Siege of Giarabub, Siege of Tobruk, The Battle for Sfakia, Alam Halfa, El Alamein, Fall of Tobruk, Gazala, Mersa Matruh, Operation Aberdeen, Operation Hyacinth, Operation Supercharge, Mareth Line, and Tunis.  Any other maps you have to get from a Map Pack, or direct from whoever made it (such as the Tournament-specific maps).  I'm not sure if that's the problem or not.

Wait, were you one of the guys who tried to load into the World at War Server last Saturday?  We were doing a special practice in preparation for the next campaign.  The version of The Battle of Salerno we were using hasn't been released to the public.  That might be the problem.  A couple of the WaW servers should be password-protected, but aren't and they are running non-standard maps.  One of the Forgotten Honor servers is (apparently, I'm not part of that tourney) also running non-standard maps, but is not password-protected.  There is also another server (Olde German Power) that is running a non-standard map and isn't password protected.

The more I think about, the more it seems like you just don't have the right map.  If you post what server you were trying to get into and what map they were playing (as well as whatever other info you think might be helpful), it would help to narrow down the problem.
« Last Edit: 12-06-2009, 01:06:58 by Ionizer »

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #5 on: 23-06-2009, 02:06:05 »
Been a some time away but now back in business.

There has been few servers. That some pelikaista server, both WaW servers in nations cup and forgotten something server, not honor. Map is not the problem. And it's not a ban in any of those. I live in Finland, got a good 8/1mb adsl, ping is 40-50 to england usually, more than 100 to america but no more than 150. I've disabled all UAC and kinda stuff and running with admin account.

Everything seems to be okay but there's some problems. In nations cup, i was able to be in the server before match started, and when it was restarted for match begin, it happened. When I was alone in the server and it restarted, no problems.

So no problems with maps.

This is something unbelievable. :(
CMP Gaming

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-06-2009, 02:06:57 »
Well, I'm stumped.  Hopefully someone else comes in and will be able to help you.  If no one does, you might want to thy to reinstall.

I don't know what's going on, but the fact that you played in the Nation's cup is really confusing...  The only thing I can suggest is a reinstall, sorry.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-06-2009, 07:06:44 »
Hmmm did you set up the FH2.exe with admin rights?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-06-2009, 10:06:03 »
just a hunch but try to DISABLE  the ingame VOIP, just for teting.
does it work now ?

i had a very similar problem ages ago, disabling the VOIP solved it (now VOIP works again dunno why)
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #9 on: 23-06-2009, 16:06:14 »
I also got this sometimes, only sticks around for a day and then disappears. Be sure to try everyday, various servers.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #10 on: 30-06-2009, 01:06:37 »
I'll try sometime that Voip thing, I'm not playing in public servers very often (=read max once a month). And with FHT servers I've got no problems so I haven't thought it much.
CMP Gaming