Author Topic: If someone will be interested in-WWI mod  (Read 19805 times)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
Re: If someone will be interested in-WWI mod
« Reply #60 on: 01-01-2010, 16:01:37 »
Once there's a good idea of what we want to produce I will contact the guy who made most of the rifles for BF1918/2. Ideally we'll need to decide:

a) Minimod for FH2 or mod? I support the minimod idea.
b) What do we want to achieve in the first release? One map with a complete set of two armies?
c) Who is coding and animating (the mod will not happen without these two vital skills)
d) If we decide it's a minimod, we'll also need to secure permission from the FH2 devs - this should be left until last, so we can present them with evidence that we do intend to produce something of quality that won't make them angry like United Front.

For me:
a) Minimod
b) Yeah Complet two armies from one year (1916 or 17 would be best for begining) with one map
c) We are still searching. I wrote some PMs/E-Mails to some codders, so and do you know some animator?
d) When we will have little bigger team and when we will start our work, naturally we must say it to them.

BUT! Are you sure that there are some hand weapons in BF1918/2 ? I think there are only planes and two armoured cars and all classes are armed only with modern BF2 knife.

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 01-01-2010, 20:01:39 »
Two things:- Meadow, didnt you think BF1918? Because on this they are still working. BF1918/2 was stopped.
                 So you can tell them about this minimod and to give us some models? But it is possible to convert it from BF1942 files?     

- When will  Ricky give us that forum?

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02-01-2010, 01:01:50 »
No, BF1918/2 had a number of weapons produced for it, but they were never coded into the game. The mod was publicly never released beyond that which included, as you say, the planes and armoured cars.

The following weapons were modeled, IIRC:

G98 (and scoped variant)
SMLE
Mills Bomb
Stielhandgranate
MG08/15

I think some others were too, but the G98 especially would be very useful, as the K98 does not really look enough like it to be used as a placeholder.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02-01-2010, 03:01:43 »

- When will  Ricky give us that forum?

he said after you talk to him. check your PM box

Offline DigitalRicky

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02-01-2010, 04:01:30 »
Hey Graf

I was going to have to talk to you and learn more about the mod, and goals but we've decided to do some changes with the forums that might take a while (couple of weeks to a month)

For now I can give you the forums but on the change the small forums might have to be reset, so there probably won't be any point

Its really better to hold off the website/forums for now as the redesign comes up, we'll keep you updated

Happy new years to all  ;)

Too large signature.

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02-01-2010, 09:01:29 »
No, BF1918/2 had a number of weapons produced for it, but they were never coded into the game. The mod was publicly never released beyond that which included, as you say, the planes and armoured cars.

The following weapons were modeled, IIRC:

G98 (and scoped variant)
SMLE
Mills Bomb
Stielhandgranate
MG08/15

I think some others were too, but the G98 especially would be very useful, as the K98 does not really look enough like it to be used as a placeholder.
This is very good. Have they some pics of it?
And will be posibility of sending those models to us?

I have kits:
German
Spaeher-bayonet,G98, Dienstglas
Infanterist- Spade or entrenchment tool, bayonet,G98, grenades, rifle grenades
Grenadier- bayonet,G98, grenades, rifle grenades, maybe bombs?
Engineer- bayonet,G98, wrench, Gebalte Ladung
MG man- knife, Luger, MGO8/15
Offizier- Sabre or knife, Luger, Dienstglas

And pick-up kits: Sniper- G98ZF, knife, dienstglas

British:
Scout-bayonet,No.1, Binocs
Infantery- Spade or entrenchment tool, bajonet,No.1, grenades, rifle grenades
Grenadier- bayonet,G98, grenades, rifle grenades, maybe bombs?
Engineer- bajonet,No1, wrench, those british percussion grenades or what
MG man- knife, Webley, Lewis
Offizier- Sabre or knife, Webley, Binocs
And pick-up kits: Sniper- No1(scope), knife, binocs

And to Ricky: It is only on you, just say, we can be on this topic some time.
                  And Happy new year too.
« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 16:01:50 by Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02-01-2010, 13:01:44 »
And i have two more questions: Were many diferences between kar98a and kar98k?

Was No.1 carbine?

This two carbines can be in engineer class.

Offline Meadow

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 02-01-2010, 13:01:00 »
Kar98k does look somewhat different to the K98a. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Karabiner_98a_(Sketch).jpg As you can see the bolt mechanism and end of the barrel look quite different.

The No.1 SMLE already was a 'carbine', or at least a shorter and more manager gun than its predecessors, so there was no carbine variant produced. However, taking a leaf from BF1918/2's plans, may I suggest the following weapons for Engineer carbines?

K88 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Commisiongewehr_1871.jpg - a carbine of the G88, and far more commonly issued in the war than the K98a (which saw action mainly towards the end in the hands of infantrymen). A classic 'artilleryman's weapon', it would thus be perfect for our 'Pionier' or Engineer class.

The Lee-Metford - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee-Metford - while not strictly a carbine, it was a common weapon found in the hands of support units and artillerymen. It was also more prone to inaccuracy than the SMLE, and would thus allow us to give the Engineer a slightly less accurate weapon than the Rifleman class, as I presume is the intention.

Finally a note on the man I can try to get in contact with - his name is BlackJack and is an extremely skilled texturer. He textured many of the weapons that were intended for BF1918/2, and therefore may still have them tucked away somewhere - we must hope he does, for look at the quality of this G98 - http://www.sascha-matouschek.de/works/textures/g98/g98.jpg

I think if we can also get some support from Inside1918 they could also be very helpful. Again I know some of the guys over there so if I can get some evidence that this is a real project that is going to happen I can see what I can do.

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02-01-2010, 13:01:37 »
Thanks for many important and interesting informations.

Black Jack textures are really nice, i love that rifle so much (thats G98 ja?), he has got MG 08/15 on his website here http://www.sascha-matouschek.de/works/textures/mg0815/mg0815bild.html
Happy thing is, that we got one codder, Kev 4000 which will help us.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02-01-2010, 15:01:57 »

Grenadier (maybe)- bajonet,G98, grenades, rifle grenades

Ok, first of all it's baYonet but I can see why you would think it's a j.  Ensuite, why the hell does the grenadier have a G98?  And thirdly, you absolutely need that grenadier class, you have to remember that bombs would be used far more often than rifles in the Great War.  Like, way more often, especially once you got to 1916 and they actually started getting a lot of standardized grenades in production.  

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 02-01-2010, 16:01:33 »

Grenadier (maybe)- bajonet,G98, grenades, rifle grenades

Ok, first of all it's baYonet but I can see why you would think it's a j.  Ensuite, why the hell does the grenadier have a G98?  And thirdly, you absolutely need that grenadier class, you have to remember that bombs would be used far more often than rifles in the Great War.  Like, way more often, especially once you got to 1916 and they actually started getting a lot of standardized grenades in production. 

J in bayonet is in german, if you want, i can add double t to be german absolutely, or replace it with Seitengewehr 98/05
And IIRC, grenades was used from 1914, classical german and british about 1915.

« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 16:01:31 by Graf_Radetzky(CZ) »

Offline Meadow

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 02-01-2010, 16:01:38 »
I think the best option would be to give the Grenadier several rifle grenades and not give them to the Rifleman class. Unfortunately a true 'bomber' class would be impractical, as a class with 15 grenades and just a pistol or club would just be spammed or never used. So in other words:

Rifleman:
G98, Bayonet, Two Stick Nades

Grenadier (max two per team)
G98, Bayonet, Four Rifle Grenades and two stick nades

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02-01-2010, 17:01:28 »
I think the best option would be to give the Grenadier several rifle grenades and not give them to the Rifleman class. Unfortunately a true 'bomber' class would be impractical, as a class with 15 grenades and just a pistol or club would just be spammed or never used. So in other words:

Rifleman:
G98, Bayonet, Two Stick Nades

Grenadier (max two per team)
G98, Bayonet, Four Rifle Grenades and two stick nades

Yes this is optimal. Well that bomber class with 15 grenades was in some Trenches Half-Life mod and it was bad.
Well now, what map would you like to see first?
                  Battle of the Somme (1916)
                 Paschendale (1917)
                  Cambrai (1917)
                  Battle of Fromelles (1916)

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #73 on: 02-01-2010, 17:01:07 »
So do any of the people involved have any serious modding experience?

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 02-01-2010, 17:01:06 »
So do any of the people involved have any serious modding experience?

We have Researchers, skinner, mapper, codder, and we can import many things from FH2 (still it is minimod).