Author Topic: SP support in 2.25?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
SP support in 2.25?
« on: 12-12-2009, 08:12:46 »
Will the maps in the next update have SP support?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: SP support in 2.25?
« Reply #1 on: 12-12-2009, 08:12:35 »
Duh. of course they will..

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-12-2009, 09:12:07 »
A search for "singleplayer" would have brougth you to at least 3 threads stating the same. ;)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-12-2009, 10:12:30 »
Duh. of course they will..

I thought winterhilf might've been too busy fixing existing maps to find the time to work on any new ones, hence the question...

A search for "singleplayer" would have brougth you to at least 3 threads stating the same. ;)

What?? A search for "singleplayer" shows you 5 PAGES of threads...none of which have anything to do with 2.25...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-12-2009, 12:12:19 »
True, I should have reread your post.
But nobody else than Winterhilf can tell you if the maps will have SP support by the time of their release.
Atm all is hard at work just to release them ASAP.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-12-2009, 15:12:48 »
SP seems to always be one version behind when it comes to maps with it - Although some 2.2 maps were configured for it, work was still mainly on 2.15 maps. I can imagine the same in 2.25 and that won't be  bad - A number of well-coded bot-supported maps beats all maps with crappy bot-support across board. Don't forget we still have:

Mareth, Lebesey, Falaise and Totalize without any AI whatsoever and alot more with WIP or unofficial... I can imagine, although it wll be cool to work on 2.25 maps alongside, it will spread WinterHilf thinner than he's already spread...

I just wish winterHilf will make AI independent of the devs' Release schedule like I once suggested - It doesn't require new contents afterall, DL-able bot-supported maps work fine with Conquest and don't prevent SPers playing online, and it will certaily aid community feedback which will refocus BTs less on testing AI, and on testing general gameplay and fixes..

And I'd definitely like updates in between the official ones stating addition to bot-support... DL-able map files for bto-fans :-)

azreal

« Reply #6 on: 12-12-2009, 23:12:14 »
We didn't obtain a dedicated SP dev until just before the 2.2 release.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-12-2009, 23:12:06 »
Man, then I take up my hat to bizness for laying a strong foundation. I guess I've been a bit to harsh in my criticisms in the past considering

Offline sniper77shot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-12-2009, 01:12:18 »

There is like 200 threads that come up.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-12-2009, 19:12:05 »
With more and more changes in 2.25, i fear that the SP development will get a lot more difficult. I just hope that Winterhilf obtained some decent help from the guys he know at BF2SP.

I'd begin to see parting SP and MP devs as a solution as djinn stated. I used to think that's bad for the mod integrity and attractiveness as a whole. But seeing PR doing that (but the difference is that, PR got a huge MPers and saw no need doing SP), hey it worked too.

But sequentially updating new maps one-by-one after release also doesn't hurt.