Author Topic: BF2 Destroyable Environment W.I.P.  (Read 38054 times)

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
BF2 Destroyable Environment W.I.P.
« on: 05-01-2011, 03:01:00 »
BF2 Destroyable Environment W.I.P.
Just a little something I am working on,alot of work to be done yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhyeMJmCg2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjc1L6OC2gg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rml9Knkpymw
« Last Edit: 19-01-2011, 11:01:38 by Devilman »

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
Re: BF2 Destroyable Environment W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: 05-01-2011, 03:01:54 »
I approve of this

Only halfway through the first vid link and I'm very excite

Good work  ;D

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-01-2011, 04:01:59 »
Too bad destroyable buildings cannot be fully done because of the Lightmap thingy

Shadows, yes.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-01-2011, 04:01:47 »
Great work!  :)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

azreal

« Reply #4 on: 05-01-2011, 04:01:51 »
Are you Devilman from the BF2 editor forums? The one that does all the modding of AIX and stuff? I've seen your work, pretty good. You ever think of working on a team?

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
« Reply #5 on: 05-01-2011, 04:01:13 »
Ohmygod ! I so want this ! When i saw those sandbag bunkers blowing, i instantly had a Gazala moment. Just imagine, you are defending 150, when a Stuka comes in and blows away the whole freakin bunker next to you. Sandbags flying around, people dying, lots of smoke and dirt .. And after you get out of your hole again you only see rubble everywhere. Ohgosh that would be so awesome :O

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-01-2011, 04:01:36 »
I was thinking of that but with a Panzer III instead ;D

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-01-2011, 05:01:02 »
Are you Devilman from the BF2 editor forums? The one that does all the modding of AIX and stuff? I've seen your work, pretty good. You ever think of working on a team?

Yes that is I
I have worked with U.S.I.,N.A.W.,AIX (pending),Nuke Mod,BOMSF Racing,several Chinese mods and about a dozen private mods

@Torenico
Yes it is a shame about the lightmaps
But its also a shame when you go for a drive in a Lamborghini convertible,and your hair gets messed up  :)

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-01-2011, 05:01:01 »
I play USI, great mod!  ;D

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-01-2011, 06:01:53 »
Ohmygod ! I so want this ! When i saw those sandbag bunkers blowing, i instantly had a Gazala moment. Just imagine, you are defending 150, when a Stuka comes in and blows away the whole freakin bunker next to you. Sandbags flying around, people dying, lots of smoke and dirt .. And after you get out of your hole again you only see rubble everywhere. Ohgosh that would be so awesome :O

I want that too!

azreal

« Reply #10 on: 05-01-2011, 07:01:58 »
Yes that is I
I have worked with U.S.I.,N.A.W.,AIX (pending),Nuke Mod,BOMSF Racing,several Chinese mods and about a dozen private mods

I meant for FH2 ;)

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-01-2011, 08:01:20 »
That looks really awesome! This would be so cool in FH2! The only problem I see with this is that people tend to blow stuff up just for fun and after a while there would be no cover left for infantry.

Do all those destroyable buildings cause much performance drops or instability?
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-01-2011, 08:01:19 »

It would!!
....for about 2minutes.. but what about the rest of the round?.. tanks can now just roll in to the flagzone wtfpwnz any defenders.. there is no more shelter for new bombs... the one central strategical CP is now a pointless rubble pile.. and this is after 45sec of the round... the remaining 39minutes gameplay for the infantry is now about getting bombs in their heads.

But.. for an objective type map, awesome!... blowing stuff up is fun, too fun actually, so it needs to be limited to key objectives on a map to really work in FH2.(As sure as a dog will run after anything you throw, players will blow up anything they can blow up)
 It looks cool on the video as well :), you can really tell this is done by pressing the possibilites of this engine far. (involving physics, wreckparticles, effects, etc)

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-01-2011, 09:01:36 »
It would!!
....for about 2minutes.. but what about the rest of the round?.. tanks can now just roll in to the flagzone wtfpwnz any defenders.. there is no more shelter for new bombs... the one central strategical CP is now a pointless rubble pile.. and this is after 45sec of the round... the remaining 39minutes gameplay for the infantry is now about getting bombs in their heads.

Oh no it wouldnt
Every destroyable object,(105 buildings and 170 other objects) are automatically set to respawn between 60 and 120 seconds and their respective explosive material (bricks,timber,corrugated sheets etc) stay on the ground for the same time,this also helps in covering up the "black patch" visible on the ground once an object is destroyed

The explosive distance,force and damage has also been lowered on vehicles,so an exploding vehicle doesnt destroy a nearby object to easily
Also many objects materials has been changed, to allow them to be destroyed by certain handweapons,or to be "fallen" by heavy vehicles

« Last Edit: 05-01-2011, 09:01:46 by Devilman »

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-01-2011, 09:01:08 »
Isn't that mostly BC2 there Natty, with the blowing up everything in sight?  :P