Author Topic: Improving your odds  (Read 1007 times)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Improving your odds
« on: 05-05-2020, 05:05:35 »
Gang:

I'm sure I've asked this before but I cannot find the thread so here it goes again:

Where do I change my bot count in SP? I am now being vexed by being an attacker in maps like Keren, Point Du Hoc and Omaha Beach. Is there a way to change the numbers for the attack so they totally overwhelm the defender? IE: go from nearly even odds to say 3 or 4 attacker for every defender?

TIA

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
Re: Improving your odds
« Reply #1 on: 05-05-2020, 10:05:37 »
I'm not sure if it works in SP but you can change the bot count from the game launcher. I play Coop as its better and more customizable and it works there. You need to turn the auto-balance option off so the bots aren't distributed evenly to both sides.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-05-2020, 05:05:25 »
Is THAT what auto balance means? I thought it had something to do with the keeping your weapon on target ;-)
Anyway, given I have played the Eastern Front Maps using 'Co Op' what do I do to change the numbers/odds?

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-05-2020, 11:05:34 »
When you open the game launcher, select Options and there is an option "Number of bots". Change that number. Actually I just checked it and it says that it also changes the number for SP and Coop. So give it a try.

Note however that when I use it the extra bots always end up on the allied side. Not sure how it happens or why so I play with axis and it's like 1 of ours against 3-4 of theirs depending on what number of bots you have selected and this increases the difficulty especially on maps where you are the attacker. But it also feels more authentic on maps you are defending.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-05-2020, 12:05:36 »
Note however that when I use it the extra bots always end up on the allied side. Not sure how it happens or why so I play with axis and it's like 1 of ours against 3-4 of theirs depending on what number of bots you have selected and this increases the difficulty especially on maps where you are the attacker. But it also feels more authentic on maps you are defending.
I'm not SP expert, but as far as I remember BF2 had hardcoded limit of 48 bots or something like that. You could the then use bot ratio slide (in game) to set percentage of bots being in Team 1 (in FH2 Team 1 is always Axis, Team 2 is always Allied). Thanks to FH2 Launcher you can overcome that limit and set any amount of bots you like, but due to BF2 limitation you can only end up with 48 bots in Team 1 by setting bot ratio to 100. To make teams even you will need to set overall number of bots to 96. Anything over that numer will end up with 48 bots in Team 1 and the rest in Team 2, so it should be possible to add more attackers on Omaha for example, but it won't work for maps where Germans are attacking, like Fall of Tobruk. Not sure about it, I may be wrong, I never played with more than 48 bots, you need to experiment with the bot ratio slide.

Note: bot numer and bot difficulty/skill set in the FH2 Launcher overrides in-game settings for both Co-op and singleplayer in local game. You can try launching dedicated local co-op server too, use FH2ServerLauncher in your Battlefield 2 (or Forgotten Hope 2 if you use standalone version) main installation folder. But that's just another can of worm, and settings work different there again I think.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-05-2020, 10:05:25 »
Nice tip Jan, will try it.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-05-2020, 06:05:46 »
It worked! I landed at Omaha with 7000+ on both sides; after three hours of glorious silicon carnage we finally captured Vierville and won the match.