Author Topic: British tanks in Fall of Tobruk  (Read 1450 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
British tanks in Fall of Tobruk
« on: 22-01-2010, 10:01:37 »
Where are they? Or have they been removed for SP?

Other than the missing tanks, the only other thing I've noticed is, the Brits that spawn at the Brit. main (Admiralty House?) seem to stand around for awhile before they move off...it's no big deal though.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: British tanks in Fall of Tobruk
« Reply #1 on: 22-01-2010, 13:01:48 »
dont the british tanks spawn with a delay on that map
or only when some flags get taken by the germans ?
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-01-2010, 15:01:34 »
I have raised this issue multiple times.

The 2 M3 Honey tanks do spawn at the main base. The British seemed to less eager on driving it. From all of my games at Fall of Tobruk, they never take it from the parking spot.

How to make them use it: drive one to the bot crowded area! They will eventually man it. Surprisingly, the bots are actually pretty good at maneuvering them inside the city.

My other grief about Fall of Tobruk in SP is German bots seemed to ignore spawning at main base after few first flags were taken (thus leaving armoured reinforcements behind) and begin spawning at the capped base, making the fight less interesting (infantry vs infantry fights, instead of combined arms CQB).

We really need to find the solution so that the bots can be like those from BF1942, they spawn anywhere, thus we continuously see all unique vehicles which spawn at each bases being active in combat. To be honest, the new "neighbour-link" AI system is kinda interesting, since we can direct bot's attack wave, but it pose another problem with their spawn point choice. (they tend to spawn closer to the attack order point).

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-01-2010, 17:01:58 »
Better yet, if possible, it needs to be like probabilty. There should be lower probability of spawning at the rear, once the front bases are capped since it will cause alot more bots to walk long distances and the assault to weaken

But definitely, we need back-spawners. I think I've raised this point before... I hate having to baby-sit the bots to get tanks etc... Although, lets not over-glamourize FH42, they did similarly there too - Recall Alpenfestung and trying to take the airfield, how many tanks did you get to carry the offense in?

A bit aside, I think some maps have too heavy tanks... like Seige, Tobruk and Sidi Rezeigh... I'm talking about the Valentines and Matilders that are all but unstoppable

Either bots learn to use Capped AP, learn to use the gabelte ladung OR remove them tanks completely - Another idea is to get Jerry to use gabelt Lagung grenades as a spawn kit rather than the charges... But maybe, that might just be as hard for them to learn

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-01-2010, 07:01:01 »
dont the british tanks spawn with a delay on that map
or only when some flags get taken by the germans ?
I thought they spawned once the first two flags (at the bottom) fell?

The Brits have been pushed back to their main, but still no tanks... :(

...My other grief about Fall of Tobruk in SP is German bots seemed to ignore spawning at main base after few first flags were taken (thus leaving armoured reinforcements behind) and begin spawning at the capped base...
I was going to suggest having a tank and a Hanomag spawn at Mussolini Piazza once the Germans take it because of that.

They occasionally spawn at the main and bring a tank/halftrack into town, but some rounds you'll be lucky to see one after the initial wave.

...A bit aside, I think some maps have too heavy tanks... like Seige, Tobruk and Sidi Rezeigh... I'm talking about the Valentines and Matilders that are all but unstoppable...
Sidi is a good example...basically infantry vs tanks...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-01-2010, 08:01:23 »
Actually in Sidi, since 2.25, the Germana get heavier tanks once the entire airfield falls. They get PzIVs, IIs and IIIs. But none still powerful enough to deal with the flipping Valentine and Matilda. And it becomes a route until I get inplay and change my guns to capped AP or use the gabelt lagung... with no one doing shit but ricocheting shells off those beasts, i tend to die alot in my attempt and by the time I wipe them all out, the NEXT wave of frigging heavies are back on the battlefield

terribly unbalanced