Author Topic: Civil war Europe  (Read 2609 times)

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Civil war Europe
« on: 31-01-2012, 12:01:23 »
Are you prepared for a civil war in europe?
For example: Greece totaly collapses - Euro is not worth a penny anymore - and a bread will cost 100.000€ Like in Germany 1923 -
Many things can happen - and might happen. Studies say that after 3 days of riots the police will not be able to controll the cities anymore - I doubt they hold for 3 days- just look what happend in Paris, the England riots this summer - or the everyyear 1May clashes in Berlin. And I dont trust the military either- 30.000 men for 8 Million people pff -
Are you prepared?

I for my self have a 20L gas tank to drive from the city I live atm to the Vienna where my family lives -
I have enough food for 10 days - mostly can food.
I have 200€ in 5€ notes as shops maybe dont give you any money back.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war Europe
« Reply #1 on: 31-01-2012, 12:01:08 »
I have my tin foil hat.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-01-2012, 12:01:04 »

Remember Thorondor, why go for tin foil, when you can have bubble wrap!
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-01-2012, 12:01:23 »
If you´re really going into full survivalist mode, don´t forget to store big ammounts of water and, as trivial as it may sound, toilet paper. All that nice canned food won´t be much use if you run out of water. Make sure to also have some sort of filter system to purify water, just in case you run out of bottled water.
And well, toilet paper is pretty much self-explainatory.

Anyway, I don´t think we´ll have some sort of civil war, soon. Atleast where I live I can´t imagine any big riots to start. The next big town is quite a distance away and I just can´t imagine that riots from Greek cities will spread widely into Germany. Not that we´re more civilised or anything, but most people don´t care enough to really riot.
Things like 1st May riots in bigger cities are being dealt with pretty quickly and they seldom spread quite far and I think they´re more a small group of pretty bored suburban kids trying to cause some trouble.

I´d rather be prepared for a Zombie Apocalypse, if I were you!
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31-01-2012, 13:01:02 »
yeah water is my next goal ^^

Well if people run out of money - or the money is not worth anything more they will fight for food

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31-01-2012, 13:01:07 »
Is "Vienna" also a place in Somalia?

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-01-2012, 14:01:59 »
 Being prepared for an emergency is always a good thing.

tbh, be prepared for the real emergencies, like when the EU stops subsidizing food (and you folks have to pay the real amount) or when your civilized society stops buying oil from despotic nations (if Iranian supplies get cut off, you guys are all going to be walking to work).
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31-01-2012, 14:01:55 »
or just rember when russia turned off the gas for ukrain - - -
Our economic & social stabilty is just a glas palace.

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31-01-2012, 14:01:20 »
Mhm someone could cut off Oil supplies, mhm then it´s time for European Colonies again  :)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31-01-2012, 14:01:58 »
 The EU is a colonial power with a small group of potent nations telling the poorer countries how to run their affairs. It is only a matter of time before the facade breaks and the emperor finds that he wears no clothes.

p.s. Irish: if you want to prepare for emergency, make a first aid kit, have batteries/crank radio, 1 month of food (in a variety), plan for minimum 2L water per day, have basic hygiene supplies, warm clothes/blankets/temporary shelter, candles and matches for warmth and light, and remember to buy pet food. Tons of people abandon their animals just because they didn't bother to buy a bag of dry food that last for eons anyways. Another overlooked item is entertainment like playing cards, some sheet music or a favourite instrument.

you don't need to be a crazy "prepper survivalist" or get out of hand but minimal preparations can easily be accomodated to your personal tastes in a fashion that makes all of this work cost sensible. Eg: food supplies are favourite items that you can eat before they expire (chocolate last years, preserved fruit and vegetables, dried sausages, wholesome dried soup mixes, etc.), first aid and hygiene supplies are in the medicine cabinet anyways or if you camp, you own a shelter and sleeping bag already.

also, for those of you who have family that suffered through the wars or the depression, those very people may have good tips for how to better prepare in a smart way. Sometimes the old ways are better than how we live now.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-01-2012, 15:01:29 »
yeah water is my next goal ^^

Well if people run out of money - or the money is not worth anything more they will fight for food

Exactly. We lost interest in the whole buy gold and silver idea too. We learned how to grow and hunt for our own food. You know, just in case. We also have around 7months of stocked food (Not quite enough yet for a family of 5), and guns to protect it... That is, just in case something happens in the USA. You know, never hurts to be ready.
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-01-2012, 16:01:10 »
exactly -
where you live flyboy ? I could imagine that in high population area or in the south the situation could be more critical then in the northern parts
also dont forget that in the desert zones they may just cut of the water

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31-01-2012, 16:01:50 »
What the hell did I miss?

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31-01-2012, 16:01:47 »
What the hell did I miss?
The Apocalypse.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Biiviz

« Reply #14 on: 31-01-2012, 16:01:57 »
I, for one, welcome our new space Nazi overlords.

Their uniforms look absolutely smashing!