Author Topic: Some reasonable ideas (IMO)  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Some reasonable ideas (IMO)
« on: 07-09-2009, 20:09:10 »
Ok.

Idea #1. I know vehicals can be given "shift" boosts. Well. How about giving all vehicals a boost like thing, but instead of coding it to make them faster, it makes them slower, to a sort of walking pase. All vehicals coded to go at the same speed while doing it so you can make realistic convoys .etc

Very useful for movie makers.

Idea #2. IDK what the Devs views are on this sort of thing but, destructable fences. Just so tanks can drive through them. Cos' its a bit odd seeing a king tiger struggle to pass them. ::) (But i don't mind so much about this one)

Idea #3. Random hidden and non-mapped silly things like chairs you can sit on, a latrine that can be sat on, water pumps that can be operated ..etc. Just random little things for the lulz :P Abit like the Coca-cola bottle kit on Supercharge in FH1.

Idea #4. Now that you have the abillity to make a working locomotive. (aware its still abit of a WiP) How about some thing like a German armored scout train? I've attached a picture.
If tracks will ever be changible at the points. (I don't know if this is possible) that would be great!

Idea #5. Following on with the train theme. As i see you have a selection of wagons/trucks it would be pretty cool to see some done up like the one the attached painting. ;)

Mg42s/34s And an aa gun. :P

Thanks for taking time to listen to my ideas!

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
Re: Some reasonable ideas (IMO)
« Reply #1 on: 07-09-2009, 21:09:27 »
hmm ive always suggested armored train missions in FH1 =) i wonder...
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
« Reply #2 on: 07-09-2009, 21:09:59 »
the 1st idea is cool, i like it :D

How about trains i noticed whe someone is entering it totalize get quite laggy, and it was with all players not only me.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #3 on: 07-09-2009, 21:09:26 »
the 1st idea is cool, i like it :D

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:42 »
Idea 2.

Fences are now not destructible, but I have driven over almost every wooden fence with a variety of tanks.
Just drive over those things!

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:20 »
Idea 2.

Fences are now not destructible, but I have driven over almost every wooden fence with a variety of tanks.
Just drive over those things!

What he said.
And afaik by making many destroyable objects - on some maps there are a lot, lot of fences - the overall performance of the map will significantly drop.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-09-2009, 13:09:56 »
Ok.

Idea #1. I know vehicals can be given "shift" boosts. Well. How about giving all vehicals a boost like thing, but instead of coding it to make them faster, it makes them slower, to a sort of walking pase. All vehicals coded to go at the same speed while doing it so you can make realistic convoys .etc

Very useful for movie makers.

Has been discussed before and might become a feature in the future.

Idea #2. IDK what the Devs views are on this sort of thing but, destructable fences. Just so tanks can drive through them. Cos' its a bit odd seeing a king tiger struggle to pass them. ::) (But i don't mind so much about this one)

As has been said before, you can run over fences atm. Destroying them in the process would cause the maps to lag too much.

Idea #3. Random hidden and non-mapped silly things like chairs you can sit on, a latrine that can be sat on, water pumps that can be operated ..etc. Just random little things for the lulz :P Abit like the Coca-cola bottle kit on Supercharge in FH1.

Every such object would be a networkable and would reduce the performance of a map and the ammount of vehicles and pickup kits on a map. So it is a trade-off which the devs have done here.

Idea #4. Now that you have the abillity to make a working locomotive. (aware its still abit of a WiP) How about some thing like a German armored scout train? I've attached a picture.
If tracks will ever be changible at the points. (I don't know if this is possible) that would be great!

Perhaps when there is time on an eastern front map, but it would draw resources from much nicer things like great tanks and weapons.... so not such a great idea. But you could try modeling one for FH :)

Cheers N24
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #7 on: 08-09-2009, 17:09:39 »

Perhaps when there is time on an eastern front map, but it would draw resources from much nicer things like great tanks and weapons.... so not such a great idea. But you could try modeling one for FH :)

I wouldn't know where to start.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-09-2009, 17:09:23 »
Try the modding tutorials on this page and on the net. :)
Perhaps you have some unexplored talent. I would definitly like to see you and many others try. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #9 on: 08-09-2009, 19:09:49 »
Well, I don't have any 3D modeling programs apart from one called Pro Desktop.

But i've always wanted to give skinning a go! :P

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-09-2009, 02:09:10 »
Regarding #1: at least in 2142, you can fine-tune the speed of a land vehicle with the use of your joystick's throttle. It might not be worth it to buy an ultra-cheap joystick for only this, but if it also helps you fly planes better, consider making the investment.

Perhaps when there is time on an eastern front map, but it would draw resources from much nicer things like great tanks and weapons.... so not such a great idea. But you could try modeling one for FH Smiley
:glances at list of vehicles and weapons already in mod:

You've got, what, two dozen vehicles for the UK alone? Just how many do you need :P ?!
« Last Edit: 10-09-2009, 02:09:06 by Safe-Keeper »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-09-2009, 02:09:35 »
No.1's my personal fav and I've suggested it to death... Devs probably will hire a hit on me if I advocated this ever again

Most of my comments are AI and I'd probably get to that over the weekend cuz work's kicking my butt

I sure hope though, when the devs get to that point i.e Winter maps especially, they'd consider those long things like trench coats so that not every one had to wear trousers - But that's porbably a distant idea

Another thing is for independent mappers and dev teams to work on stopgap maps like I describe in some other thread... Not maps the devs might or WILL do, butg maps that are important or SPR-ish - I'd say, work hard to keep the quality and do your homework...

About the M1919 Browning LMG, I'd say the devs could make it like an MG42/ 34... you open up the bipod when you go prone, and using a switch-mode should deal with the ROF... The 2 guns thing is something I thought was in FH1 only for the limitation of the engine... A small thing, but it just doesn't make sense here

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-09-2009, 08:09:03 »
If you mean the BAR 1918, it is ok how it is.