Author Topic: Tread Carefully and Carry a Sharp Knife - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Nice update, I love the Russian toothpick(s). :)
The mine do make me think that something needs to be done about them like increase the time required to deploy one or make it somehow more complicated to deploy so people don't find it so convenient to use especially when fighting in buildings dropping them in half a second to block a corridor and stuff while fighting...

I would not mind slower mine deploying, but they need to make them exist longer after you die. As it is now it's extremely inconvenient in using them in any other way as you die way too fast and then all your mines are soon gone, thus defeating the point in using them for defense.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Hauggy

• View Profile
The mine do make me think that something needs to be done about them like increase the time required to deploy one or make it somehow more complicated to deploy so people don't find it so convenient to use especially when fighting in buildings dropping them in half a second to block a corridor and stuff while fighting...

I would not mind slower mine deploying, but they need to make them exist longer after you die. As it is now it's extremely inconvenient in using them in any other way as you die way too fast and then all your mines are soon gone, thus defeating the point in using them for defense.

Sounds great but I'm not sure if what you suggest is even possible.
Maybe an expert could tell us moar ?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile

+1 to that.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
+1
As long as the person who deployed the mine dont get the score/kill if he died in the meantime before mine explodes

Its way too easy for some people to get a high score, just by putting mines around and get score after they died.

Also it should not be possible to put mines in uncap and then flame the noob card after teamkilling everybody that spawned inside the massive mine trapped house :-)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
More strategic mine deploying sounds cool  :D

Took a while for the release title to sink into my thick brain ... a reference to "speak softly, and carry a big stick" ? The stick being the POMZ-2 presumably.