Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 63397 times)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #390 on: 23-07-2013, 00:07:14 »
I always end up reinstalling CoP with any hardcore mod, to uninstall it like some weeks after I got bored with it. STALKER doesn't really have a good replayability, mainly for the fact that the multiplayer sucks or is well, dead and that STALKER is mainly solo.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 23-07-2013, 00:07:08 »
Multiplayer? STALKER? Those two dont actually exist.

I think STALKER has good replayability.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 31-07-2013, 16:07:16 »
MISERY version 2 is now out. Downloading!  ;D

Cant wait to get my hands on a SAKO TRG-42.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 31-07-2013, 17:07:54 »
Same. Just came back from the airport and cannot wait to see the new version.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 01-08-2013, 13:08:54 »
MISERY continues to make lifes a complete misery by adding a whole new arsenal of features such as maintaining of your weapons, outfits and your health. I've spent more time at Skadovsk than actually out there in the zone since you just have to take care of sooooo many things and you cant just think that you'll manage with whatever you have. No!

Inventory management is huge, you need to have certain items with you at all times in order to survive. And the dirty balancing between wether you want to stay healthy and pay extra for pure healthy food and for medicines or do you much rather just keep your stomach filled with whatever crap you can find and shrug the pain away with drugs such as cocaine?

Decisions, decisions. MISERY is a mod that gives the player no mercy, no hand holding and is just so difficult that even it is sometimes frustrating as hell, it is still a very compelling experience. The feeling is top notch, never have I've been on my toes in previous Call of Pripyat experiences like this. MISERY is unforgiving, but it teaches you through your mistakes.

It didnt take me long to realise that avoiding pools of water is actually a good idea because the splashes of water can be loud and mutants (or sinister STALKERs) can hear it from distances away.

So is life in the Zone. I recommend for anyone who has Call of Pripyat to give it a try, it might not be your thing because it is extremely difficult and you cant play it as casual as you might be used to playing the game but it is still a helluva good experience.

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 02-08-2013, 00:08:22 »
  So this was my first time really trying to play Stalker (Tried before with Shadow of Chernobyl + Complete in my old rig, fps lower than 5) and because i wanted something different and hard to me play i started already with this Pripyat+Misery 2 Combo ( Derp  :P ), made a save with the USS Assalter first to learn the controls, run i little and found that out that this class didn´t meet what  i want of gameplay, also i aways choose the assault/soldier way of gamplay, then i made the save with that I'll actually play, choose the USS Sniper and begun.

Spawned in a swamp for my luck, and managed to pass through some mutated animals and dogs (heard to avoid them at any cost) and when i was getting out of the swamp i was like "Yeah! finally out of this muddy creepy mutant infested swamp, nothing bad can happen now" of nowhere appeared a crater in the ground where I slipped, it was very fucking dark inside, i could´t see nothing inside. Then i saw i lighting approaching me and thought it was someone, so i drew my Mosin-Nagant i waited, it was a flying light/ flame who chased me to death (I burned, I do not know), and to finish me my body was dragged to a vortex who imploded my body into pieces. WTF?!  :o I liked my start in this game.

Besides that i found the atmosphere of the game really immersive, it really call your attention, and makes me think as if I was there. It has more immersion that many games today.

EDIT: Also, what is Enter the Zone(Black Road)???
« Last Edit: 02-08-2013, 01:08:21 by RommelBr »

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 02-08-2013, 09:08:59 »
If I were you I would first play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Gives you some hints on the story and they allude to they allude to it pretty often. Plus, it is even better in terms of immersion in my opinion although gameplaywise they improved one thing or two in CoP.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 20-08-2013, 18:08:51 »
Last year while I was halfway through CoP somehow Steam/Stalker didn't start up anymore. So since I'm doing a windows re-install anyway this week, I decided I want to finally finish it. Problem is: I have never backed up STALKER savegames before (I don't even know where they are on my PC), and have no experience with using older savegames in a new install.

Any tips?
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 20-08-2013, 22:08:47 »
So, you did not uninstall S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? They should be under "Documents" iirc. So, after reinstall, you just put them in the same directory again. There is not much to do wrong.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 24-09-2013, 09:09:08 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzhnmvuNVZk&feature=youtu.be

Just feel the atmosphere. This always fascinated me ;D

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 24-09-2013, 13:09:39 »
Great!
But with the psy-emitter still working, the athmosphere was even greater. It felt like your brain was melting. In the video above he is wandering through the clean complex, without any enemies, triggers or scripts running.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 24-09-2013, 16:09:51 »
Yantar is awesome, but the original Yantar was going to be amazing.... but they gave us this little area :/

In my stalkersoup game, according to the PDA, I murdered a few Loners and now I'm hostile to the entire Loners faction (which shouldn't be a faction but yeah), now I know how it feels being a bandit with friends on Freedom and Duty.

I live in the bar, worst place possible with all the loners in there. At night time, I sneak up towards a small building next to the arena where a faction called the "Hunters" live (And the guy that saves your life at the start of the game sleeps in the floor, I shouldn't wake him up as he is a loner), there I make deals with a guy who wants Gravi artefacts for antirads (So rare, I run absolut vodka, I don't have antirads). My weapons stash is in the bar itself full of hostiles around, good thing I stored my ammo in Duty's base, behind Voronin.

I love sneaking, I escaped from X-18 sneaking, now I will steal the military documents from the southern outpost at night by sneaking, but there is a BTR-60 guarding the door and the damn thing is always pointing at me.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 24-09-2013, 21:09:51 »
Even without enemies. These evacuated buildings, once filled with people, workers or scientists maybe, just give me the chills all the time. I always try to picture the complex when it was occupied. Same for the rest of the area.
Chernobyl always fascinated me, I don't know why. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and CoD 4 SP (Stealth mission) just encouraged this further.
I really would like to visit it although I fear it might be looked upon as kind of voyeurism?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 24-09-2013, 21:09:50 »
I plan on going to Chernobyl once, could be in the next two years or in 58, I don't know, I can't die without having seen Chernobyl.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 23-11-2013, 10:11:23 »
So, I just wanted to give S.T.A.L.K.E.R. another run but I don't know whether I just want to replay it with both Oblivion Lost and Arsenal mod installed.
Any recommendations on really good mods? I know this question has been asked alot but maybe someone might want to share new insights.

EDIT: http://www.moddb.com/members/boredgunner/downloads/stalker-mod-pack-2013-part-2 What about this one? Has anyone played this mod? It looks quite interesting.
Also, this "Priboi story" mod that even changes the main character, is it worth downloading?
« Last Edit: 23-11-2013, 10:11:12 by |7th|Nighthawk »