Author Topic: AI minimod 1.3 beta 3 + Map AI minimod 1.0b  (Read 12005 times)

Offline DirArtillerySupport

• View Profile
Re: AI minimod 1.3 beta 3 + Map AI minimod 1.0b
« Reply #30 on: 24-07-2010, 21:07:28 »
Thanks for the timely upload dude...makes all the difference to come home tonight to a new version...lawns are cut...the head is clean...T-bones are soaked in Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce, the beer is ice cold and there's a new version of the AI Mini mod installed and ready to go.  Life is good.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-07-2010, 00:07:00 »
Any chance we can get a changelog? And as a rule, I would recommend anyone with 'coding' done i.e for now, Aserafimov and Drawde, include one for any permutations

I know its all fan work, and voluntary at that, but I think Remick04 would be most grateful if he can track what was changed. I don't know how he is plugging your work in, Drawde, but I doubt its drag and drop.

Also, just wanna know the cool stuff that has been pimped up :-)

*Already spotted planes firing rockets and the Stuka is now custom right? deployable mortar still don't have raise perspective I noted....

Any other changes?

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25-07-2010, 10:07:38 »
Thanks Drawde for the new update. Will post any feedback soon.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25-07-2010, 20:07:38 »
I have to admit the stuka has vastly improved but I feel the siren is tied a little to close to air speed and not enough to dive.  I mean the dam thing never shots off now...feels like a 70's style police car more than a terror weapon.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25-07-2010, 22:07:27 »
Yer, I was hoping getting the plane to fly higher and dive steeper would mean increasing the threshold  for the horn to come on, something that would do wonders  both in SP and CQ, but it seems we need to get back to the drawing board on that one...

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26-07-2010, 21:07:35 »
Yeah I can see where that is going to be a problem...but it's unlikely that you will ever teach a bot to pull out of a steep dive and deal with obstacles like mountains.  I don't know a whole heck of a lot about programming but I'm a keen observer of behavior and from what I've seen DICE has left little room for improvement with regards to bots flying planes.  Since the early days of 1942 things haven't changed much and all you can do is make them look like they belong in the air.  I do think the strafing has gotten impressive but a bot dropping a bomb will always look like a bot dropping a bomb.  In the end you could end up being at that particular drawing board for the remainder of the life of the game.

I really don't see things improving much in BF3... in fact I think they will start cutting out a good portion of the air play in favor of ground play.  Just like they cut the guts out of the naval aspect of the game which was next to frigging perfect and Forgotten Hope had made a crown jewel missed to this day.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26-07-2010, 21:07:23 »
Ok, you're not helping our project, Dir... Sure, I can imagine alot of hurdles with my idea, but in general... lets try and be positive. By definition we are going against the odds here, and I'd say we haven't done half bad so far, we really don't need our moods being dampened...

My faith in at least trying the increased dive is based on the fact that Clivewil suggested it. Now I'm sure he could have foreseen these flaws too.. But bots are like computers... ROBOTS, remember... They do calculations. Some, alot more accurately than humans. Even with innacurate arty and such, their way of firing it cannot be emulated by humans in any reasonable fashion.

Look at Stukas diving now. Those weren't in FH1... then, they didn't dive at all... Strafing runs were pathetic then, now they are at least well-aimed. And Stukas dive and pull up in time. I'm sure if a human can do a steep dive, depending on how DICE designed it, bots can too...

Lets just wait and see what Drawde comes up with first ;-)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27-07-2010, 08:07:00 »
I did change the code for the angle of a dive as Clivewill suggested and definitely Stukas fly higher and eventually dive at about 50-60 degree angle activating the siren in the process. This was tested on Alam Halfa (as also suggested by Clivewill). Later on this eve I will film it and put up on Youtube...If you like it then I will ask Drawde to implement it into his Ai Mini mod.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27-07-2010, 10:07:38 »
Now I'm totally feeling guilty forgetting you in the acolades the last time around, Raziel... :-\

gr8 work!

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27-07-2010, 12:07:07 »
  :D Don't worry bout it Djinn!....BTW was it you on Hslan yesterday. Had a good round on Alam Halfa with those Exavs guys! Nice teamwork!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27-07-2010, 12:07:31 »
Yer I recall... Tried to take out AT guns with Stukas... Fun guys those...

You should've been there for PeB. Only like 10 guys on the server so they made a rule of onlyi using knives... Funny as hell

I wonder who was on the mic, reminded me of this English guy who did these silly FH vidoes some time back, shouting corney German WW2 cliches... Was quite a riot

« Last Edit: 27-07-2010, 12:07:26 by djinn »

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27-07-2010, 12:07:40 »
I wonder who was on the mic, reminded me of this English guy who did these silly FH vidoes some time back, shouting corney German WW2 cliches... Was quite a riot

Yep! Really had a good laugh! Cya around!

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27-07-2010, 20:07:05 »
Ok I have to admit the stukas do look better in the sky.

Totally different topic..would it be possible to uncap the number of mines and or mortars/deployable heavy weapons put down?  Something I always enjoyed doing in that past with AIX or Mercs in order to defend an area.  Create a battery of about 6+ mortars all manned by bots.  It would be great fun to create a minefield and forward mortar position right in a vehicle path of the last no-cap with a few human squad leaders and have their bots man them.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27-07-2010, 22:07:45 »
Issue is, we are trying to stick the orignal maps as is possible. But yes, adding is possible. Gameplaybjects.con file, I believe. Within server.zip/coop or sp3.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28-07-2010, 08:07:25 »
This is the video I had promised you showing the Stuka diving (with Clivewill suggestion in place)
The first video (as described) shows the stuka flying without any Ai modification. The second video has the AI modified. I've filmed both in Alam Halfa and in Crete (biggest change can be seen in Crete)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3m-N05_0zs