Author Topic: (Modding) Forgotten Hope 2 Secret Weapon Minimod  (Read 10727 times)

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
Re: (Modding) Forgotten Hope 2 Secret Weapon Minimod
« Reply #75 on: 20-10-2012, 03:10:26 »
I'd feel uncomfortable taking someone elses work so i'm just gonna make a new He-111 for the game. Now I'd also like some suggestions for maps that would be great to introduce some of these vehicles such as Gold Beach which I plan to give the British the Churchill AVRE and Churchill Crocodile to clear away those pesky entrenched Germans.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 20-10-2012, 07:10:06 »
IM still for the DD shermans,  P2 luchs... a map from FH Sector 318! Operation blackknight.  M22 locust. Tetrach.  Vickers AA , Operation desert rose
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 20-10-2012, 09:10:40 »
Great suggestions neighbor kid. I also would like to see the Sherman DD, since it should be easy to make and a good start. Also the Willy's rotabuggy might be fun:

Its basically a jeep that can fly and land into enemy territory and drive there.
« Last Edit: 20-10-2012, 18:10:51 by TurkishCommando007/2 »

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 20-10-2012, 18:10:10 »
It also shouldn't be impossible to make a Hamilcar aircraft to transport these light tanks into battle. I hope to also make a Me 323 Gigant for the Germans on maps like Invasion of Crete. Or even create the Gunship version. I will not be faltered by such limits as I've seen people make extremely huge aircraft in other BF2 mods.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 20-10-2012, 18:10:48 »
The Me323 is impossible for infantry to get in, since they will die inside the vehicle while taxi or take-off, but I dont know about vehicles. You might wanna put seats for the infantry.  :)

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 20-10-2012, 18:10:45 »
I wouldn't want to be jumping up and down either in an aircraft like that especially with such heavy cargo like tanks. Putting seats is a good idea but survival of the crew depends on the skills of the pilot and the way in which they land. I don't think they actually developed aircraft for FH2 designed to land troops and items yet.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 20-10-2012, 18:10:49 »
Well, there is the Ju52, but it cant carry any infantry more than 8 (due to engine limitations  :-[ ) and it doesnt have enough place to carry any vehicles.

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 20-10-2012, 18:10:07 »
Well I don't want to exceed the limit on how many infantry can fit into the Gigant so it would probably be best if we kept it to a good 12 because there are going to be people in the tanks as well flying in the aircraft.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:21 »
It only possible to put 8 people in a vehicle due to engine limitations.  :'(

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:00 »
DARN THIS ENGINE well no worries we can always have the Gigant leading the charge dropping off the tanks so that the paratroopers can acquire them.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:00 »
Great idea, but the tanks should be teamlocked so the enemy doesnt capture them immediately.

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:09 »
All right shouldn't be a problem though we gotta give the British a fair fight on their side.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:55 »
I think the bofors AA is already OP, but something which would fullfill the gap for the counterpart would be good.  :)

Also another idea, we could add two vehicle drops for the commander; one that drops armour such as tanks or hanomags and one that drops transport like trucks and kubelwagens. The transport one should be available quicker, while the armour loads a little bit longer. But both should be able to drop with 30seconds of time.
« Last Edit: 20-10-2012, 19:10:00 by TurkishCommando007/2 »

Offline Undeadsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:31 »
How would that work something like that work exactly? I haven't ever seen it done before. I've also seen a British Willy's jeep equipped with armor and an AT rifle on the back.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 20-10-2012, 19:10:17 »
You know about the Vehicle Drop commander asset in BF2? It was removed in FH2, but we could add it back with two options; one named Armour Drop and one named Transport Drop. They would be faster to load than the artillery and supply drop option, maximum 30 seconds in my opinion and the commander would drop them in a jiffy, one after one all over the places where the infantry has landed.

Nice idea on the armoured jeep, note the rotabuggy I suugested before, which could both be made easily with tweaking the original jeep from FH2. Also some improvements of the Bren carrier could be satisfying, like a light AA weapon mounted on it or sth like that.