Author Topic: Bomb Scare in Times Square, N.Y.C....  (Read 7335 times)

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Bomb Scare in Times Square, N.Y.C....
« on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:30 »
Hey,
    Just keeping you Europeans and others up-to-date on some important North American news: So, there was a Nissan Pathfinder with a homemade bomb inside, including propane (yikes) and gassoline, parked outside New York Square. The motive and whether it was an 'act of terrorism' or not isn't known yet. Apparently two police officers seen a man acting suspicious sitting inside a car, when he noticed he was being watched, he made a run for it. Then there was smoke and "flashes" noticed inside the automobile. This happened at 6:30 and Time Squares was evactuated by 8:00 yesterday afternoon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36892505/ns/us_news-security?GT1=43001

Opinions ladies and gentlemen?

Oddball  :)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Bomb Scare in Times Square, N.Y.C....
« Reply #1 on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:09 »
I saw it on the AOL site a few times when starting up the internet. Round the 4th time I cliked it and it went to some nascar story.   I really could care less about the bomb though.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:24 »
Don't really have an opinion on it, some pakistani taliban dude said they did it because the us bombed them with drones to much, so it was more or less a warning to the us to stop bombing them. To early to know the complete truth tough, i guess time will tell.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:46 »
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/video-may-hold-clues-in-times-square-bomb-scare/19461717?icid=main|compaq-desktop|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fvideo-may-hold-clues-in-times-square-bomb-scare%2F19461717

Taliban claim it was them, for us killing two of their leaders

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:59 »
I saw it on the AOL site a few times when starting up the internet. Round the 4th time I cliked it and it went to some nascar story.   I really could care less about the bomb though.

Oh really? Why don't you care about a "potentially deadly bomb".

@Siben, That's intresting... I never heard about the involvment with the Pakistans. However, I did hear rumor that it was parked outside South Park's HQ to get revenge on them for 'mocking' Mohammad. If it's as you say, well...we really arn't bombing Pakistan much, yet... This might be to try to get our involvement into Pakistan? I'm not sure..

So I guess this looks like it is def. terrorist related no matter what?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #5 on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:00 »
Ah so thats where I left my car tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-05-2010, 21:05:01 »
Well, at first i thought amateur nutcase job, because the 'bomb' he made appears to be totally amateur and did not go off, it just smoked a bit they say. But with more news coming in it seems like it is some sort of Taliban retribution for actions done by the Americans in Pakistan. And to be honest i don't really blame them that much, killing people out of revenge is bad, sure, but so is killing someone in the first place just because you don't agree with them.

Oh, and the guy who spotted it and reported it to police was some t-shirt salesman, not the police themselves and the bomb itself was made out of "Police said the device consisted of propane tanks, fireworks, petrol containers, wires and two clocks."
« Last Edit: 02-05-2010, 21:05:55 by siben »

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:23 »
Well, at first i thought amateur nutcase job, because the 'bomb' he made appears to be totally amateur and did not go off, it just smoked a bit they say. But with more news coming in it seems like it is some sort of Taliban retribution for actions done by the Americans in Pakistan. And to be honest i don't really blame them that much, killing people out of revenge is bad, sure, but so is killing someone in the first place just because you don't agree with them.

Oh, and the guy who spotted it and reported it to police was some t-shirt salesman, not the police themselves and the bomb itself was made out of "Police said the device consisted of propane tanks, fireworks, petrol containers, wires and two clocks."

Yeah, More information/ accurate information is comming out as the story develops, so I just said it as I heard it when it was pretty much first reported. But, it's kind of funny what you said because they're killing us (or trying) because they don't agree with US...not the other way around.  ;)

@Fuchs, oh okay, at least we have an owner identified now, feel free to drop by and pick up your car anytime...  :P

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #8 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:43 »
I'm going to NY on a school music tour this summer for a week.. If any of this shit happens while i'm there damn I'll be pissed. YOU ALL BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOUR K?

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:57 »
I'm going to NY on a school music tour this summer for a week.. If any of this shit happens while i'm there damn I'll be pissed. YOU ALL BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOUR K?
Lol, You heard the man, all you fella's better hold off on your bombing/ terror shit until this man leaves NY.  >:(

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:47 »
But, it's kind of funny what you said because they're killing us (or trying) because they don't agree with US...not the other way around.  ;)

I don't really agree with you on that. Without going true the whole Taliban history you must see that it is at least a large part the US it's fault that this whole terrorism thing started many years ago.

And in this occasion American bombs killed there leaders, what did you expect, them to do nothing? They reacted the only way they could, and it is the same as the US would have done, try to bomb them where it hurts.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:28 »
But, it's kind of funny what you said because they're killing us (or trying) because they don't agree with US...not the other way around.  ;)

I don't really agree with you on that. Without going true the whole Taliban history you must see that it is at least a large part the US it's fault that this whole terrorism thing started many years ago.

And in this occasion American bombs killed there leaders, what did you expect, them to do nothing? They reacted the only way they could, and it is the same as the US would have done, try to bomb them where it hurts.

1st part, we'll let this ride to avoid getting into another political flame-war.

2nd part, well of course they would be upset that we killed 3 of their Military combatant leaders, but then why don't they go after our military assets, INSTEAD of our civilians, that isn't war, that's being a freakin' coward. That is the difference between the U.S. and them, if they killed any of our leaders, civilian or military, we would have went straight to the source, not just bomb any random Islamic city without justification.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:00 »
Because that is not in there power. There is no way in hell that they can kill an important figure in the us but they also do not want to just let it pass so they did the best they could, a random bomb in some crowded place.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-05-2010, 22:05:06 »
Because that is not in there power. There is no way in hell that they can kill an important figure in the us but they also do not want to just let it pass so they did the best they could, a random bomb in some crowded place.
I know, but is that really the smart thing for them to do? By bombing US civs it's just going to piss off the American public more and we'll keep blowing the shit out of them, if they think they can win by dropping a few bombs in US cities they are mistaking.... They have no room to complain if we accidently kill a few of their civilians nevertheless the military fools. They are just getting what they provolk. They deny diplomatic solutions and continue to antagonize us. Kind of funny, especially when they have no power to do anything... and we wont take necessary measures against them, we're just dragging this shit-hole war on when if we authorize the force and tactics necessary we could of already been through with them. Next 100 year war here we come.

Plus, if they had proper military leaders, not ones that hide in caves all day and brainwash a bunch of young kids with recieving virgins to go do his dirty work, they would have a chance against the US high ranking officials.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-05-2010, 23:05:23 »

That is the difference between the U.S. and them, if they killed any of our leaders, civilian or military, we would have went straight to the source, not just bomb any random Islamic city without justification.

Right, because Hiroshima and Nagasaki were simply military targets.