Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236835 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #2670 on: 30-06-2012, 23:06:22 »
Since when is obvious sarcasm trolling?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 30-06-2012, 23:06:56 »
your sarcasm detector is not working sir.

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 01-07-2012, 00:07:34 »
I hate all game publishers like Activision and EA for how they've fucked up the gaming industry.

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal
WoT nick= RoflSeal(aka BucketSeal by hslan and TS guys)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 01-07-2012, 00:07:45 »
But we wont get mod tools for a single reason. It would damage EA/DICE sales, and Im so desperate for modding tools in BF3 that I would even pay for them. Everyone wins.

lol you just said the games sell more if there were mods  ;D and now mods would "damage sales"?

You're again confused, you probably meant that if mod tools were made for BF3, then other dice/ea titles would suffer, because guess what, such amazing mods would be made that would like, make players totally stop playing the "vanilla" games and even resist buying future titles because their precious mods gave them all the gaming pleasures they needed for years and years?

right, here's a unicorn that shares that dellusion

And here's some news: Skyrim sells great because they made an awesome game.  Not because "mods" are available.

So, everyone want to share opinions and you go around shooting everyone down throwing "offensive stuff" and making everyone look like an "biased idiot" and you always tell the truth uh? I wonder why these kind of posting arent deleted in the first place.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2674 on: 01-07-2012, 00:07:35 »
your sarcasm detector is not working sir.
Well, get it fixed! If it's not on my desk by tomorrow, you're fired.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: 01-07-2012, 03:07:35 »
if its not on your desk by tomorrow, dont espect to see it ever again

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: 01-07-2012, 03:07:30 »
About Mod tools, how can companies "suppress" mods? Mods are customers, not daughter-companies. If you are allowed to make a mod, you get support, If you arent allowed to make a mod, you're on zero. There is no negative here. You can't suppress something that doesn't exist. BF3 has no mod community, therefor it isn't suppressed.

Mod tools are suppressed by lawyer's and EA has the most litigious climate in the entirety of the gaming world.

Look at how armyrage is fucking you Fh2 guys over and EA is doing sweet fuck all about it. Now if it were a current title, the lawyer's would be hovering over that company like a flock of vulture's.

Mods don't make as much money for EA because it proves the worth of past titles. This in turn, results in less sales for newer titles that are constantly pushed down the cutomer's throats as if we were a bunch of geese being fattened for our liver's.

vote with your wallets and eventually they will get the hint or get out of the game entirely.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: 01-07-2012, 08:07:27 »
So "lawyers" decided that there would be no mod tools for BF3?

OK. If that is what you believe, I will let you believe that. There's nothing more fun than seeing someone with a tinfoil hat, then reinforce his delusions so he tapes his whole flat full of tin foil.

Yea, EA has an army of lawyers who's job it is to hunt down small mod teams and destroy them. They're watching you right now!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: 01-07-2012, 08:07:34 »
I wonder why these kind of posting arent deleted in the first place.

Because that would be unjust and wrong.

:-\

EDIT: Injust is apparently unjust. Whaddyaknow.
« Last Edit: 01-07-2012, 08:07:21 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: 01-07-2012, 09:07:06 »
Natty, stop trying to defend EA, everyone knows they are the biggest douchebag milking assholes in the whole industry.

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal
WoT nick= RoflSeal(aka BucketSeal by hslan and TS guys)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: 01-07-2012, 15:07:38 »
"defend EA"?

uh.. wait... wut?

and no, everyone does not know that, it's just some dudes on random internet forums that likes to QQ about what EA does.  8) Valve/steam is milking a lot lot more... ever heard of a "steam sale"? ;)

then again, I dont consider milking of any product to be wrong. If you can get people to buy your stuff, just go for it. Milking = revenue = progress = new innovations = new games = new experiences.

Also, recent polls prove that everyone thinks Battlefield 3 Premium is an extremely great deal! Are you kidding me? All those DLCs+ the stock game for 429SEK http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/pc/155575-battlefield_3_premium which is like 46 euro, and Im sure that price will go down every month until the last DLC is out. You call it milking, I call it great product packaging
« Last Edit: 01-07-2012, 15:07:27 by Natty »

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: 01-07-2012, 18:07:22 »
 i used to work for EA buddy,

lots of downtime in offices can make for plenty of intelligent discussions with the big bosses.

also, years after i left as a beta, I happened to work for one of the biggest honcho's in EA at the time (vice-president). His words (and I paraphrase) was that mods don't make money because they encourage gamer's to stick with products that have already delivered the highest margin to the corporate bottom line.

P.S. Natty you didn't answer my major assertion towards EA and its' litigious practices.

"Why aren't they suing for infringement of intellectual properties?"

also take my 'tin foil hat' and shove it up your ass... Love Sheik
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: 01-07-2012, 18:07:04 »
The one who is asking, is not stupid.. the buyer is.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: 01-07-2012, 18:07:57 »
wow... we're at 180 pages soon.... Maybe time to summarize a bit here

EA isn't actively "killing" mods, as some of you believe. EA is a publisher, they don't control or have any influence over if a title should allow user created content or not. It's all up to the project and what it needs. BF2 needed it, BC2 didn't. That's all there is. If DICE felt they needed Mods/UCC for other titles, they could easily have invested some money in creating that. If they simply felt that their titles would benefit from user created content, EA wouldn't "stop them" from that.
To add to that, Mods aren't altering the sales of titles at all. Battlefield sells by the millions, what if a few thousand guys played Mods for say BC2, it wouldn't move a single decimal in the revenue BF3 generated.

On top of not needing it for titles later than BF2, the Frostbite engine has been too problematic for this, Im sure you read the long post from Mikael Kalms on the official BF3 forum, if not Im sure Yustax can slap the link on us here.

Now to be honest, discussing why or why not there are or are not mod tools for a game that doesnt have it... What do we gain from that discussion? Will it make mod tools be available? No. It has zero meaning.

I like it when you discuss actual ingame experiences in BF3, some like it, some don't. It really doesn't matter... The number speaks for itself; BF3 is a success, no matter what you "think", it simply is. The sales, the playernumbers, the gradings, the awards, just bow down to the fact that DICE pulled off the almost impossible. With the time given and the manpower involved, they went the extra mile - nay, the extra hundred miles - to make this game. And it shows. It hears, it feels, and it shows.

Additional comment about that is nothing but plain and simple trolling. Teasing, QQing, whining. But dont worry, our little corner of the gaming world has a forum, and in that forum we have an off topic section, and in that section this little thread exists, and it listens to all your prayers :) Amen

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: 01-07-2012, 20:07:23 »
The sales, the playernumbers, the gradings, the awards, just bow down to the fact that DICE pulled off the almost impossible. With the time given and the manpower involved...

You forgot the millions of dollars pumped into advertising, live action trailers and raising the hype and "ensuring" that the grades they get are positive etc.  ::)

BF 3 was simply too big to fail. If it had miraculously failed someone's asses would be held really responsible for it.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...