Author Topic: The Battle for Sfakia 64  (Read 23249 times)

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
Re: The Battle for Sfakia 64
« Reply #30 on: 19-07-2012, 01:07:04 »
Okay, push mode might be a bit to extreme, but how about a semi push mode? If the Germans capture The West Road, British Rearguard, and Monastary, the British shouldn't be able to capture them back. The Germans are still bleeding, as the British still have one more flag than the Germans inside the town.

That way you can concentrate the fighting in the town, where the best gameplay comes from.

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15-07-2017, 00:07:46 »
I can't even describe how deeply I hate this map... and she hates me. I almost destroyed my mouse today (thats the reason why I always buy the cheapest mouses possible).
While the map itself looks more than great, the gameplay feels too random for me, especialy when I play the Germans. Those Jerries are always killing me from God knows where and I have no clue what on Earth is happening around me. Everyone is running at random diretions, squads are near useless and it's just so ridicolous for me.
I need your tips guys or I am just not going to play it anymore like Alam Halfa.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15-07-2017, 02:07:49 »
git gud 8) (j/k)

This map is a bit of a counter-strike slog. It's a good way to practice your infantry gameplay imo. And even tho I have ~100ping, there are times where I really enjoy it/ do pretty well.

My opinion... try to get a good squad. Hetz or Store will always give you a good spawn point and call out enemies well. If you can't get in a good squad, move slowly, camp in good spots, but always watch your back, cause as you know, enemy's can come from anywhere. I 'check my six' about once every minute on these maps.

I still think this map holds up well after all these years;

a) it's gorgeous
b) it's not a bad thing to have some run n' gun infantry play every once in a while

it's a good place to practice your snap shooting and infantry movement. ;)

my only real tips for infantry play are to play like a major league gamer :P that means, strafing back and forth and constantly moving/ never staying still. getting really good at centering the enemy in your screen so you can hip-fire/ quick to ironsights fire better. The FH2 vets have gotten good at this, and I do it too on these types of maps just because you have to. I hate when people 'dance' around like I'm describing, but that's kinda how you have to play if you want to be good in a 1 on 1 inf fight :/

also, the more you play the map, the more you learn the paths people like to take and you can anticipate where the enemy will be
« Last Edit: 15-07-2017, 02:07:51 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-07-2017, 03:07:19 »
The thing is always when this map comes my reflexes are getting extraordinary slow, like my grandma's. Today I hipfired 3 guys right in the stomach (I am reasonably good at this and saw blood) but nothing happened which means 3 things:
1. No hit detecton
2. Hit limb-Slow reflex
3. I got tired-same as point 2. Right at the beginnig of FH2 play night (and ofc in the end) I tend to hit limbs a lot.

I am usually doing well in the CQC of Tunis but in Sfakia map quick shoting just doesn't seem to work with me. :(

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15-07-2017, 18:07:40 »
Well after taking that reaction test you posted, it probably doesn't come down to reaction time as much as knowing the map. After playing for a while you can anticipate where people will be and be ready for them when they pop out

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16-07-2017, 00:07:36 »
Like Matt said before: learn the paths. There are some sweet spots on the flanks of the paths, which you can take and then shoot enemies passing by you, usually concetrating on other enemies in front of them totally ignoring you while you keep picking them off.

A good spot as Brit is just north of the Command Post flag, in the begining of the round. Germans will cap Rearguard and then move on into the town, they will have their eyes set on the Command Post flag and it's surroundings. Easy pickings ;)