Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 1st April 2010  (Read 17366 times)

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 1st April 2010
« Reply #75 on: 02-04-2010, 04:04:24 »

mai paint skillz
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 02-04-2010, 04:04:35 »
Great to know!  <dances with flippy, over broken and smashed copies of SPR>
Hey! I joined in that dance too! 3's a charm!

Let us link arms, and frolic over the destruction of horribly inaccurate movies that pop culture thinks are accurate!
« Last Edit: 02-04-2010, 05:04:11 by VonMudra »

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 02-04-2010, 04:04:38 »
Phew,its april fools,I forgot once again.
Shit,that "thing" is really getting a pain in the ass.I really believed this time,since WMG been censoring half of the YouTube.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 02-04-2010, 05:04:51 »
Great to know!  <dances with flippy, over broken and smashed copies of SPR>

Let us link arms, and frolic over the destruction of horribly inaccurate movies that pop culture thinks are accurate!

That looks like fun, but I'll be over here tap dancing on these copies of the last few COD titles.

Just a question: which people are more awesome? people who think SPR is accurate, or people who think MW2 is accurate?

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 02-04-2010, 05:04:15 »
Fukers.
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Symz

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 02-04-2010, 05:04:38 »
haha, April Fool's...............................................

Can we have a real update now?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 02-04-2010, 05:04:09 »
Great to know!  <dances with flippy, over broken and smashed copies of SPR>

That looks like fun, but I'll be over here tap dancing on these copies of the last few COD titles.

Just a question: which people are more awesome? people who think SPR is accurate, or people who think MW2 is accurate?

I don't think you can call MW2 accurate as it isn't based on factual events or such.  Meanwhile, SPR is based on factual events, as well as being claimed broadly as being a highly accurate representation of World War 2, something which is laughable.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 02-04-2010, 05:04:44 »
I get it's April fools but is anyone else taking those dates mentioned in the letter even semi seriously?
I am.

Offline Symz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 02-04-2010, 05:04:13 »
No, I don't take any of this seriously, there was a Ramelle map in FH1 and no one said boo, there still is that map in FH1..

Offline A-tree

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 02-04-2010, 06:04:22 »
  Meanwhile, SPR is based on factual events, as well as being claimed broadly as being a highly accurate representation of World War 2, something which is laughable.

Just to go amazingly off topic.
I'm intrested in finding out why SPR is so amazingly inaccurate. To be honest, I think it accuratly condences the troops experience of the Battle of Normandy into 169 minutes rather well. In some details its inaccurate, but I'd hardly call it laughable.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02-04-2010, 06:04:49 »
Sure its a great movie, but for starters, it doesn't even show what Omaha beach was like in real life, despite all the billing of how amazing the scene was.  The scene was amazing sure, but had little to no realism compared to the real thing in terms of terrain, layout, and length of the battle (it took the full DAY to actually get up to the top of the ridge, then another 2-3 days of nonstop fighting to actually gain a proper foothold on the beach, multiple times the 352 infantry infiltrated into the beachhead, slaughtered the troops on the bunker areas, and then continued to fight the beach landings).  It contains no likeness of tactical thought, the germans are the stereotypical bad guys with buzzed heads and no tactical capability, simply running into the guns of the americans while being incapable of aiming their guns.  Uniforms are wrong, units are wrong (no SS faced off against any americans until much later, and then it was the 17th SS, not the 1st SS as depicted).  The battle in the town is the most idiotic combat scene I have ever seen, with the driving of tanks into the middle of cities, germans running into the usual onslaught of pinpoint american bullets that kill 50 jerries for every shot.  The idea of banging mortar shells on the ground then flinging them is laughable, as that would ignite the powder charge and send it flying into the air, with your fingers along for the ride.  The lafette scene at the radar outpost is idiotic, with them losing one man in an open field assault against an entrenchd lafette which commands the high ground (try that in FH2 and see what happens).  Oddly, the lafette also apparently has NO supporting infantry, when it was a platoon heavy weapon, meaning there would have been a full platoon of germans, with all their extra MG34s/42s, rifles, and smgs.  The entire movie is a jerking off of propaganda sentiments meant to make you go USA USA USA at the end of it.

Offline Symz

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02-04-2010, 06:04:53 »
epic

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 02-04-2010, 07:04:13 »
Well, joke or not, time to light a smoke for the first time in my life and sit outside in the rain. I kid

But that May 2nd, perhaps release hint?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 02-04-2010, 09:04:58 »
well if this is real.. then F#CK PARAMONT pics.. screw them.. bunch of !ssholes,..and yea... F*ck them.. an dwell yea.. if not then.. dam it fh2 you kinda got me..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline [VT]MSN

• View Profile
    • ForgottenHope2.ru
« Reply #89 on: 02-04-2010, 09:04:35 »
Good news  ;D

P.S. Fool's day!  ;)