Author Topic: FH2 Pacific?  (Read 4707 times)

Offline JasontheChef

• View Profile
FH2 Pacific?
« on: 12-12-2013, 03:12:33 »
I know it is kind of ridiculous at this point to bring this up, but I was thinking about the effort spent on the Pacific theatre in FH for 42.  I used to delv into the bf2 toolkit way back then, so I really understand how much effort goes into even just the simplest little things.  Granted FH2 isn't as played as it used to be, a lot of ppl moved on to BF3 and now 4, and other games, but have always wondered about the Japanese and Americans in the Pacific theatre for this mod.

How many active members are still with the mod?  Is it just map updates/new maps?

Please don't bash me lol, I am just bringing this up for discussion. - the awesome pacific work for bf42 would always blow me away.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Pacific?
« Reply #1 on: 12-12-2013, 03:12:55 »
It was discussed thousand times before and it was officialy said that it won't happen. FH2 devs are working now on eastern front and they struggle with low numbers of active members. If you have any experience in modding, feel free to apply to the team and help development process, but I need to cursh your dreams when it comes to Pacific.

I can see that you are new here, so next time please use search fuction before you start new topic.
« Last Edit: 12-12-2013, 17:12:13 by jan_kurator »

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-12-2013, 06:12:45 »
This mod is close to dead. I expect to see the Pacific Front just as much as I expect to see the Eastern Front.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-12-2013, 06:12:39 »
Gentlemen, we have a new specimen for horsewhipping. Riding crops at the ready.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-12-2013, 07:12:20 »
He's not dead yet? :o Wow... I'm surprised, you guys are slacking...

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-12-2013, 07:12:26 »
>tfw you will never stand on Iwo Jima with a katana before screaming "TENNO HEIKA BANZAIIIIII" and running into your death in FH2.
 :'(

But cheer up! Eastern front is coming! And I will come too, if you get what I mean.
 ;D

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-12-2013, 14:12:04 »
Welcome Jason. Currently the focus is on other areas then Pacfic.
Upcoming patch will deliver means to an end for quicker iteration's of development, so who knows.
What kind of modding skills do you have?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-12-2013, 16:12:37 »
>tfw you will never stand on Iwo Jima with a katana before screaming "TENNO HEIKA BANZAIIIIII" and running into your death in FH2.
 :'(

i bet that i can  :P

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-12-2013, 17:12:41 »
This mod is close to dead. I expect to see the Pacific Front just as much as I expect to see the Eastern Front.
and you have an access to internal things to know that?

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-12-2013, 18:12:52 »
 There is a good chance Project Reality will eventually release a Pacific mini-mod, however that is way down the road.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f558-pr-wwii-general-discussion/120408-pacific-theatre.html

;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-12-2013, 19:12:08 »
Well great for PR I guess. Dont know why it had to be mentioned in a FH2 related thread but okay.

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-12-2013, 19:12:31 »
and you have an access to internal things to know that?
No need. Ask anyone looking at the front page of FH2 and you can see with the frequency of the updates, we can conclude for ourselves that the mod is close to dead. I have a suggestion for you to change that. You say you have no content to post? No renders to show? Then don't show them! Post a blog every week just telling us what you're working on. A paragraph or two, nothing big. That way we can see that the mod is still being worked on instead of seeing this worrying silence all the time.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-12-2013, 20:12:12 »
Post a blog every week just telling us what you're working on. A paragraph or two, nothing big. That way we can see that the mod is still being worked on instead of seeing this worrying silence all the time.

Okay.

The team is still actively working hard on getting the next release out as soon as possible, but it will still take quite some time due to low manpower.

How about that?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-12-2013, 20:12:17 »
Hehe, Excavus, the most loyal fan of FH2, always there with a positive remark!

Please have a little more faith, and believe devs/testers when they say they are working on the mod instead of asking for proof all the time and blabber nonsense about the mod being (close to) dead.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-12-2013, 20:12:38 »
I honestly can't believe that FH2 will ever 'die.' There's too much of a fan base around it to let it end completely. Long after the official devs decide to stop working on it altogether (which is still a ways off imo) it'll go the way of FH1; the loyal community members like FHT, WAW etc will continue releasing fan map packs, ported/ new models etc... And FH will live on (at least I hope)

And welcome to the community Jason, there's still plenty more updates to come. hopefully more frequently if this 'updater' is what we think it is ;)