Author Topic: How to get FH to launch in Win10?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline LtBelkin77

• View Profile
How to get FH to launch in Win10?
« on: 25-07-2020, 18:07:37 »
It's been a while since I played FH.  I think I got it installed correctly.  But when I try to start it up, it hangs at the loading screen.   

The maps loading screens load, and music plays.  The progress bars show the loading status.  The bars load to the end most times.  The music seems to play all the way to the very end.  There is a slight pause, then it starts from the beginning.  The mod never starts.   >:(   The only thing I can do is ESC out to the Multiplayer menu.   This also happens when I try to load a custom game/sp.   The maps don't load.

I have the CDROM version of BF1942.   These are all the mods I have installed if it matters:

Aftermath
BF1918
BFPirates
BG42
CIS
DC
EOD
FH
FHR
FHSW
FinnWars
Galactic Conquest
GIJOE
Ohanami
Siege
Silent Heroes
Stargate
The Great War
Transformers
Warfront
Wasteland
Western
BF1941
BFI

What FH mod files, maps, mappacks do I need to get this mod working?   Do I need to use the multipart (1-3) forgotten_hope_v0.70 files or the single file version?  Do I need to install FHR & FHSW to get FH working?

What is the best files, and order to install the needed files?  Download Links?
FH
FHR
FHSW

Are there any mods or settings that don't work with FH?

Please help me get this working.   

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
Re: How to get FH to launch in Win10?
« Reply #1 on: 26-07-2020, 02:07:21 »
What platform had you previously played FH1 on? Win Xp or later?
I just reinstalled FH Revisited on my Win7 installation. Full install of BF42 then FH then the map packs. Then the FHR files.( I created a BF42 folder in a Games folder  under c drive. )Made the executable file to start the game compatible with winxp. It worked.
If that’s any help....

Offline LtBelkin77

• View Profile
Re: How to get FH to launch in Win10?
« Reply #2 on: 26-07-2020, 13:07:27 »
I last played FH back on WinXP with out issues.

I have vanilla BF1942 working on Win10 and working after following the install patch instructions.  It is working fine SP & MP.